Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.8

100% silica

on 8/20/2015 11:10:00 AM

I've always wanted to try this powder but didn't want to fork over the money for it. My wonderful husband decided to treat me to some items at Sephora, so i decided to pick this up! I know that MUFE's silica powder has the smallest sphere particles hence the supreme smooth, silky texture - I think this wins over the cheaper brands out there...but honestly, no one can really tell when it's on your face lol. Also, on Sephora's site, it says there's NO animal testing on this product!!!!

It did an impeccable job in blurring out my large pores and made my face feel silky smooth and soft! Also did a great job in controlling oil all day. Does cling a bit to dry patches though so make sure you moisturize well if you have dry skin.

I have have dry/normal, hypersensitive skin and this product didn't irritate it at all. Keep in mind, I don't use this daily. I use it maybe 1-2x a week.

A point to make is that there's A LOT of powder kick up with this product - probably due to it being only silica. I always end up inhaling some of it which isn't very healthy.

Overall, really great product but it's RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. NYX has the same thing (100% slicia as well) for like a fraction of the price! ($11.99cdn for 6g) while this one costs $22 for 4g of product!! Had I known about the NYX one beforehand, I wouldn't have gotten this MUFE one >_<"

I love this!

The finish is soooo silky smooth and fine. It covers all my pore and gave a glowy (not oily) matte look. I have used it to touch up in the middle of the day after blotting, and my make up just looked fresh again. Face stayed non-oily for a longer time then using the MUFE Ultra Matte loose powder. It doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. I have also purchased the kabuki brush that is recommended for the application, and it blends the powder onto my skin really well without much effort.

It would be a tad bit troublesome to bring it out for touch-ups due to the packaging.

Nonetheless, I still think that this is the best loose powder that I have ever used.

on 7/12/2015 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Never blends/goes away no matter how much you blend and buff and even with the smallest amount used. It always left dust on my face that just gets pushes around when I try to sweep it over your face. Also it smells like cat litter! No joke. I have to hold my breathe and fan it away with my hands every time I use it. The only pro about it is that the texture is silky smooth.

on 7/7/2015 7:10:00 AM

This is a great mattifying powder that is super silky and goes on like a dream! When I use this I can definitely see a difference in the way my makeup looks and lasts, and I do stay matte for hours longer than if I used a regular face powder.

I had a deluxe sample size of this from Sephora and I am nowhere near finishing it yet, you really donít need much of this. It is so finely milled that breathing in the powder when applying is always a risk, and it does tend to fly everywhere. But despite this minor issue, this is a great powder and I will certainly consider buying a full size when my sample size is finished.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love silica powders. They are by far my favorite powders because they control my oil and I'm super Talc sensitive so most others won't work for me. This one is quite light so it's easy to inhale (which I dislike). The new packaging with the mesh is really nice and helps keep the mess down. My biggest complaint is the price. I just can't justify the price when awesome powders like ELF HD are around for so cheap. If I can figure out how to get the top off, I'll refill it with ELF HD powder.

on 5/18/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This keeps me matte and looking flawless, making my pores invisible. I use a baby kabuki with the small pot. No breakouts or clogged pores.

on 4/7/2015 9:29:00 AM

Pros:
- does mattify the skin for maybe 5-6 hours
- makes skin look flawless
- texture is really fine and smooth

Cons:
- makes me look ghostly white in flash

Overall, great powder. Didn't repurchase it because of how it causes flashback. Would probably be good for a daytime look and not night. LOL

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just FYI, I have the travel size. I LOVE this HD powder. It makes my skin flawless, oil free for however long I need it (and trust me, I put on make up as early as 6:30am and take it off as late as 10pm) However, I don't like how a brush cannot fit into the travel size one so it's hard to swirl around. It does have a scent that I don't really enjoy - but it goes away after you dust it onto your face so I can live with it. Love this.

on 2/8/2015 10:33:00 PM

Im not sure about the packacing because how tight I close it, its always a mess when I open and that makes me sad but definitely a useful and a making me wonderful product. I set my makeup and especially concealer with this powder and it never looks wrong.

on 2/8/2015 6:32:00 PM

MUFE HD Powder goes a bit white for me and I'm very pale. It also catches on dry flakes.

I compared it to...

- Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, which is more beige and blends into my skin better
- MAC Prep and Prime is very similar but more transparent and believable on me than MUFE
- RMS "Un" Powder is absolutely invisible with great performance (blurs imperfections, mattes shine)

The last 2 are my picks for HG powders.

Video Reviews & Tutorials