April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Dee2014

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I went to MuFE counter first time to buy this, seeing the astounding review from high end magazines for a couple of years. I was looking for loose pwdr to replace my bare minerals veil; not that i dun like them but it wasn't sold in my country. So i thought if i can get the replacement that sold in country, it'd best. The SA asked me to also try the HD primer, the camouflage cream, HD concealer (see my review on this) and since i don't wear foundation, he topped it with foundation compact powder and a brush of the HD loose powder. I ended up bought the primer, camouflage cream and concealer and off course the HD loose powder! I quite like the rest but ironically don't like the powder!!! I already re-purchased the primer and concealer but hardly ever use the powder. The powder make my face looks white, chalky, not improving my complexion at all. I only use it once w/out any other powder. I tried to use it sparingly on top of my usual bare mineral veil as the SA told me, but i couldn't see any differences at all!!! It becomes a un-necessary extra step that i've to put up evry morning. Give up after 2-3 times and now it's sitting in my make up drawer. Actually i want to make it works since i already paid for the product and looking at all great reviews about it. But no... Somehow it doesn't work on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An all around okay product. I haven't used it in awhile, thankfully my skin is starting to become less oily so I don't have to wear powder everyday. You don't need to use a lot, I like to apply it with a powder puff and stipple it on my skin. Makes my face feel soft and does a good job at keeping oil at bay, didn't break me out. The container can be a bit of a mess, seems like more powder ends up on my counter than on my face. Pretty expensive for what it is but does the job. I don't think I would repurchase, maybe a smaller size, definitely not the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by JillyBalboa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have been using this powder for about 4 years and cannot live without it! Sets makeup to last ALL day - and makes your makeup look beautiful, controls oil.. All around amazing. Can be used just for touch ups mid day to keep your makeup looking fresher even longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cyndyxoxo

i recetnly started using this product. A coworker told me about it so i went out and bought it and i fell inlove with it, it works amazing! It lasts all day doesnt make my face shiny or oily like my other powder would.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTsai

After I applied this, my face is white like a vampire. Not a very good look to have for a date, a night-out, dinner, party, or even to the office!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

way too expensive for a product with ONE ingredient- silica. you can buy silica powder dirt cheap from coastal scents and put it into a sifter jar. same exact thing for about five times less $$$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by margokissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this product. I buy the smaller jar of this, it's .14oz now, I think it used to be .19oz. The packaging is great, you can throw it in your makeup bag without it spilling and losing a bunch of product.

For the price, it lasts very long...three or four months for the small size. I love the way it smooths everything out.

My biggest concern when I purchased this was that it would leave white all over my face in the event a flash photo was taken of me. I had read that a lot of places and even seen it in celebrity photos. They must be doing it wrong...because this doesn't happen. It simply doesn't with this powder.

I will buy this over and over. I bought it because I read that translucent powder doesn't "add volume" to your face. Perfect, no caking. It has one ingredient and doesn't clog my pores. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by loucat

I like how this loose powder doesn't show any of my fine lines and wrinkles, but if i use too much you can get a ghosty look on your face and i also noticed that you can't take pictures with this powder at nightime or indoors with a flash because white lines will show up all over your face on the phots. so if you use this powder i would recommend it for day use and put it on lightly and it works well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder. I have been using it for many years and it's still the best IMO. It is very lightweight and I use it to set my foundation as well as throughout the day to mattify my oily skin. When used lightly, it gives the skin a smooth finish. Pores are less visible and the skin stays matte for quite awhile. Do not apply this powder heavily (especially under the eyes) or you'll end up looking like a reverse raccoon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by staceyd2401

I used to think that this powder did nothing for me and I started using it just to use it up. Then all over a sudden people starting complimenting my skin and asking me what I was doing with as it looked really soft and smooth. The only thing I could put it down to was this powder. I do use it everywhere besides my cheeks just to stop my makeup from moving into any expression lines but have found that it does also have a great blurring effect on my mid size pores and I think this is why people think my skin looks smoother and softer.
I would love to see them improve the packaging on this so it was more travel friendly. I do have the travel size but never travel with it for this reason!