April 18, 2014 | 1351 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by luvtolaugh1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation! I apply it with the MAC 187 brush (the stiffling one) and buff it in and it looks flawless and makes my skin look airbrushed. And it doesn't break me out! I only wish it wasn't so pricey

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Nusaiba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, it doesn't give you a full coverage which is perfect for everyday's use, my skin looks really flawless when I apply it with the '' too faced oil free primer " the only problem I face with this product is that it doesn't stay matte for a long time, and you'll start getting greasy especially in the summertime , I don't think I'll repurchase it again because it doesn't suit my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by 30rockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation range, while pretty broad in a lot of ways, really needs to recognize that pale, neutral-undertoned girls exist. I've seen so many wonderful photos of this foundation being worn by various people, and I wanted to try it out, but sadly the lightest shades were either cotton candy pink or lemonade yellow.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by mick13105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Awful foundation for day time, I only use this for special occasions or going out. If you have oily skin, it will make you look very shiny in a short period of time. It accentuates imperfections and clogged pores if I leave this on all day. For night time, I don't mind it as much because I'll usually only wear it for a few hours and it's fine. I don't think it's worth the price and I will not repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by IreneIss

MUFE has a great range of colours. I usually have difficulty finding the right shade in other brands, such as Giorgio Armani, as they tend to be too pink. My skin tone is olive and I use 125 --the colour is almost perfect. The packaging is great as I can get out just the amount that I need. I don't like full coverage foundation as I feel as if I'm wearing a mask.This is a medium coverage product so it doesn't completely cover some of the darker spots on my cheeks, but it does a pretty decent job. I have just recently started adding a primer to my beauty routine and have noticed that the foundation coverage is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by emmapitcairn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite foundations for a beautiful natural satin finish. This foundation is definitely build-able and can be full coverage. I prefer a natural light coverage and use a damp beauty sponge. I don't usually set my makeup and this foundation can last a full school day for me and be intact. I use primer with it and it does not oxidize and stays true to color.

The finish reminds me off the CHANEL VITALUMIÈRE AQUA, which unfortunately does not have a wide enough shade range. The MUFE HD Foundation, has an amazing, diverse range of shades.

I only use a pump and it leaves my skin flawless covering my redness perfectly.

I wear shade N110 and although it seems very pink it does not show up pink on my skin, my friend tried it and it look noticeably pink on her. It works for me and i am NW10 in MAC.

Will definitely be purchasing a back up when i visit France this summer. So hard to find in the UK.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by hannahsamuel22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first ever foundation I bought for myself. Been using it for about 9 months now. My mom and I are the exact same skin tone so we usually just share our foundations (with different brushes of course). I bought the shade N173 which is one of the darker shades. I love it because it matches my skin tone so well and so it looks really natural. Being of a darker skin tone its hard to shop for foundations that match exactly with the right undertones and everything. I do think it lives up to its name HD because I can take pictures and I don't look caked up or like I have a ton of foundation on my face. I do admit the coverage isin't great but then again it isin't a full coverage foundation. I had done my research before purchasing and it says its a medium coverage foundation. After having used it I would say...it evens the skin tone, covers up any redness, covers up scars and blemishes to a decent extent. I have acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out. I do breakout but I am pretty sure its not due to the foundation. This foundation is also said have some skin benefits. I don't know how far that is true but I do notice that my skin seems a little clearer after I remove my foundation..less redness etc..

The only downside to this foundation is that if you have oily skin like me (or like I used to) after a couple of hours your skin will look like you have enough oil on it to fry an egg. Not very flattering. I don't have that problem now because my skin has now gone back to normal combination but still can't wear it longer that 8 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by joannajoseph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a NC37 and was matched to shade # 155. This is a super-pricy foundation, but I do think a good foundation is one of the few beauty products that are worth investing in. When I wear this foundation, I always think my skin looks like my skin, but better. There's a pretty glowy finish to this (even though it's matte), and it applies so beautifully and evenly without clumping up to dry skin or blemishes. I knocked off one star because it's so darn expensive, but if you're lucky, you can get it for a little cheaper off of ebay/Amazon/another online site.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by aliciajim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far this is fabulous on my face. I'm acne prone and definitely cannot do drug store foundation without having a huge zit the next day. I have not broke out wearing this at all. It covers my acne scars and redness perfectly. It leaves a nice matte finish as well and does not look cakey. I prime with ester Lauder and use a light powder after. It stays put like this and I don't look like a grease monkey by the end of the day (as i do have combination skin). I haven't tried it alone. This is my usually routine anyway since my T-zone is pretty oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have purchased this foundation several times now, and overall, I've had a positive experience with this product. I am a big fan of the MUFE foundations. My favorite actually is the Matte Velvet + because I tend to be on the oilier side, but this foundation is wonderful too. I like how the coverage of Makeup Forever foundations are medium-full, yet appear and feel light on the skin. I had moderate acne as a teen, and still suffer from post-blemish scarring along with the occasional breakout, and this foundation covers my imperfections beautifully without being heavy and cake-y. In my opinion, a majority of skin types can wear this foundation. I have combination skin that can become oily with heat or humidity, and this foundation holds pretty dang well on my greasy mess of a sweaty face. I can get some shine with this foundation if I'm in a hot, stuffy room or outdoors in the heat and humidity, but this foundation does not claim to provide oil control, and actually does a great job for a foundation geared towards all skin types at subsiding sebum. This foundation probably will do well for those of you with dry skin as well because it has a creamy consistency that blends very easily and is soft on the skin. For those of you like myself who tend to get a little shiny, just use your favorite setting powder and you're good to go.
The packaging is great too, and so easy to use with the convenient pump bottle. I have noticed, however, that the shade range is more for people with warmer/neutral skin tones, which works for me since I'm pretty olive, but those of you with cooler skin tones may have a little more difficulty finding a match. Don't let that discourage you from trying it out, though. This is a worthwhile foundation if you can find a match.