Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

sea water , cyclopentasiloxane , propylene glycol , talc , phenyl trimethicone , barium sulfate , peg-8 , methyl methacrylate crosspolymer , peg-10 dimethicone , peg-20 , polyglyceryl-4 isostearate , cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone , hexyl laurate , acetylated glycol stearate , dipropylene glycol , algae / algae extract , porphyridium/zinc ferment , sorbitol , magnesium sulfate , disodium stearoyl glutamate , lauroyl lysine , aluminum hydroxide , methylparaben , butylparaben , chlorphenesin , phenoxyethanol , limonene , butylphenyl methylpropional , linalool , parfum / fragrance , , etcmay contain: ci 77891 / titanium dioxide , ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491 / iron oxides

on 2/10/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This foundation is wonderful. It blends well and is very light. It's not paint-thick like some medium/high coverage foundations. It's also not watery or dewy. The foundation looks very natural. I use two pumps + Estee Lauder D.W. concealer + Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. Its semi-matte though (but I still need setting powder because my face is super oily). This is probably the best high end foundation I have used.

on 11/17/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation gives good coverage yet feels light, and doesn't break me out. I previously found the staying power quite poor, and was searching for another foundation until a makeup artist told me using a primer is a must with any foundation for better staying power--he was right, and now I'm really happy with this.

on 11/14/2013 3:30:00 AM

I'm trying to get into the habit of writing more reviews, as in all my time as a MUA member, I've only submitted three reviews - my bad!

Like many, I struggle to find a foundation that works for me. I'm as pale as they come, with yellow/beige undertones (not pink in the slightest!), and I've tried SO many brands. I'm talking everything from YSL, Dior, Chanel, Clarins, Elizabeth Arden, Shiseido, MAC (NC5 would be perfect if they made it) and Clinique, to Rimmel, Wet 'N Wild, Maybelline and Revlon. ALL of them have been too dark, or too yellow/pink.

On top of needing something so pale, I need something that offers at least medium coverage (preferably buildable) and lasts relatively well on my combination skin.

Needless to say, the past few months have been a constant buy-return cycle for me. I have not been satisfied with any of the foundations I've tried, EXCEPT this one!

This is my absolute HG of foundations! I definitely have less than perfect skin, but I am constantly receiving compliments on "how beautiful" my skin is, and how "it looks like porcelain". I am SO sold lol.

Colour: I found a fantastic match with #784 - a smidge too dark but this is easily rectified with some translucent powder, and not too yellow nor too pink.

Lasting power: It lasts a good 5 hours on my skin before I need blot or touch-up with some powder.

Coverage: I apply two pumps in separate layers. The first layer/pump gives good medium coverage, and the second builds it up to medium-full coverage. I still use concealer for my very dark acne marks, but this covers any minor blemishes/redness beautifully.

Finish: Beautiful semi-matte finish. Not too dewy, not too oily. Of course, the finish depends on the products you put underneath it, but for me this is definitely semi-matte.

I always set this with powder - mineral in the winter months and some kind of oil control powder in the summer months.

In short: LOVE this foundation. I will repurchase and repurchase and repurchase. I just wish it was a little cheaper... But, we can't have it all. I'm willing to pay a little extra for something this great.

on 10/15/2013 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Actually, I'm not really into wearing any make up, including foundation. I always thought that wearing make up made me look like wearing a mask. I hate seeing my face in the mirror with make up on it. And I also hate the heavy feeling. But I have to accept the fact that I have to wear foundation for certain events. Then my search for the right foundation began and I found this Shu Uemura foundation.

My recent favorite technique is by mixing it with moisturizer. I apply it with CS flat top. This technique results a very nice healthy glow. Besides, it shortens my make up routines. I don't have any major flaws, thank GOD. But there are bad redness around my nose and some black acne spots that make my face look dirty. For more coverage, I only need to dot more of this foundation on those areas and blend it as concealer.

My skin is normal. Not oily, not dry, and not acne prone. When the air is hot and humid, my face is sweaty and gets oily only a little. The first time I wore it, I was staying in equator area which was very hot and humid. I was so worried my face would look horrible after midday. But no, it stayed on its place. And the glow was even better.

This foundation is harmless for my face. Sometimes I become so lazy, sleeping with make up on my face. I never get any pimples because of it, LOL.

This one is really my HG. Never want to try anything else. It feels so light, the finishing is so amazing, very easy to blend (but if you don't like mixing it with moisturizer, just make sure your face is moisturized enough since it is sometimes quite hard to blend on dry skin), and it stays perfect on my face no matter how sweaty I am and how humid is the air.

What I hate is the price and my shade is very rare, really hard to find. But it's a great bargain because one bottle last more than a year for me.

on 9/25/2013 8:21:00 AM

Amazing product! Love love love this foundation. Lots of shade options, and covers imperfections without making my face look cakey.

on 9/9/2013 3:06:00 AM

I love this foundation it is my new go to every day foundation. It has a beautiful coverage, lasts for the whole day and gives an amazing dewy polished look without looking greasy. I took 1 lippy off for this product because the colours are very difficult... For ref I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in # 2, Chanel Vitalumier in B20 in winter, and B30 in Summer... and in this foundation Shu U I have to mix 2 x colours. I mix 764 and 754, 1 pump of each and I blend together and covers my whole face perfectly. 754 is much too dark, makes me look like I have spent a month in Hawaii but 764 is too pale and makes me look like casper the ghost. However if I blend a pump of each it is the perfect colour match. I am addicted to this foundation so will continue to mix it. I have sensitive skin and have no issues with this product.

on 6/16/2013 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use medium beige, skin type oily, acidic. Been using it for 6 months now, so far I have not wanted to go back to my drugstore brands. Staying power is pretty ok give the humid and hot weather in the Philippines, since I am acidic the shade is does well to even out skin tone. I use it with my beauty blender and so far been happy with the results. Bought my second bottle already. Only gripe? Bottle is used up in only 6 months of almost daily use. Maybe it's coz a lot of waste goes into the sponge but the BB is supposed to be effective in a way that product isn't wasted, but I'd rather use it than my fingers. Otherwise, good product highly recommended for Asian skin.

on 5/27/2013 2:15:00 AM

This is a very SuperB product.
The one that every woman should have. Whomever that create this one should be blesses.
This is my number one primer makeup. I will never go outside without wearing this one.
I have a very oily T-zone that will cracked up my make up during the day. But this product coverage it well.
The only downside is the price. Extremely high for a foundation.
But its worth every penny.
I even bought the compact powder of it too... ^^

on 5/15/2013 12:54:00 PM

I loooove this foundation:-) makes my skin flawless and dewy. I like to set it with powder because it is soo dewy (to the point of being a bit oily) on my skin. People actually tell me how nice and healthy my skin looks when im wearing this. Looks nice on photos too. Its so expensive tho :-\

on 1/11/2013 5:41:00 PM

This is absolutely amazing. I have pretty troubled combination skin. I get very oily at the T-zone but my chin and jawline gets incredibly dry and flaky. This foundation really goes over everything nicely and smoothly. It's just good, it's easy to work with, dries in just the right amount of time and the coverage is very good.
The only downside is the price, ~60$ with tax in Canada. But I think it is well worth it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials