Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Holds a curl well, blackens and defines, but the formula is so wet that I can't help but make mistakes with it - even when I think I'm just doing my lashes I'm blackening up my eyelid as well. That can probably be attributed to my inferior mascara skills, however, so I'm not going to put that as too much of a problem. The brush size is pretty average, but I do prefer brushes on the larger side as my short lashes need any help they can get to transform into even average sized lashes, and I find that larger brushes make that a lot quicker and easier. I'll use this up, but I won't be buying it again. It's a decent product - just not my cup of tea.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara did not live up to the name. It was very clumpy and even with a few coats just did not give the volume or length I expected. It also did not hold up when wet very well. To me it was just another average mascara that was not truly waterproof. I tried it 4-5 times to see f it would grow on me and it did not.

I have really short, straight Asian lashes and find that volumising mascaras just don't work for me. When you have short lashes and try to add JUST volume to it, it just looks really weighed down and unflattering. This works really well for me - it holds curls, defines, and although it doesn't really lengths dramatically, I find my lashes appear longer which works great as an everyday mascara. If I want a slightly more dramatic look, I would coat a volumising mascara over this which would still look great since the define-a-lash has given me the length I need. The only criticism I have about this mascara would be the wand - it's a tad too big for me and I would prefer it if it was slightly smaller. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh, also meh. I got this because I had maybelline coupons, and hoped this would be like lash discovery which I love, but more dramatic. I don't think it's particularly outstanding in defining lashes. I like it somewhat in that it seems to provide some lift when I diont want to curl my lashes. It does provide some definition, but not enough to have that as it's name. It just doesn't stand out for me at all. I'm using it up because I feel wasteful otherwise but I won't repurchase.

Pros are holds curl, some definition, not flaky, no smearing, which is partly what I look for in a wp mascara. Like the brush, may try it with another mascara formula

Cons, nothing special about it, not incredibly defining, a bit wet for my liking

I did not like this mascara, i didn't like the brush it did not suit my eyelashes at all.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I bought this mascara hoping for better volume. I did not notice any volume when I applied it, but I did see some lengthening. The other complaint that i have about this was the applicator, which was extremely bendy to the point of impracticality for application. The only positives I can state about this product are the cheap price and that it was waterproof as stated. I do not intend to buy this mascara again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is THE best mascara I have found yet for holding a curl. (And I've tried a lot!). Curl your lashes and apply 2thin coats and it will stay all day. Ok it's not going to be about the volume but hey you can go over the top with a cost of something else for that. This is the H G for people with short straight lashes who want curl. Tried all the japsese hg ones and promise this holds a curl better. Shame I can't buy it in the UK anymore and have to buy online.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mascara was okay. It did it's job in the way that it claimed, just not in the way that I would like a mascara to be for me, personally.
So it gave its length. My lashes were not much longer than they are bare and without any product on them. To be honest, my lashes are short to begin with, so when I received barely any length in the way it was promised to me, I was furious.
The packaging is sleek, slim, perfect for traveling. It's ideal there, so I liked that. But I think I got a bad tube because when I opened it to use the product, the wand was too long for the tube and resulted in a twisted, curvy, messed up applicator.
The formula was clumpy, not ideal for me. It gave me barely there length. Little to no volume was given. So really, my lashes weren't "defined", they were just painted darker versions of my original bare lashes. The formula was really wet and for me, it was difficult to get off once dried. The waterproof part was right, I'll give them that.
Overall, it was okay. If you're looking for a natural look for work or school, or even if you're starting out with makeup, this would be a good mascara for you for that "barely there" and "natural" makeup look you're going for.

Love this mascara! I prefer waterproof formulas because they tend to hold curl better, and this one is probably my favorite of all. It adds noticeable length and even a little volume and doesn't weigh your curl down at all. Not really a very dramatic look, more like beautiful natural lashes. You can also wear this on top of a volumizing formula for more of a "wow factor" look.

Hey you! I hate you! I love your sister which is the normal define a lash mascara, I have highly hope for the waterproof one, but! Why? It did nothing!! Totally different from the normal version!

Popular Mascaras