Becca Concealer compact

4.1

Medium Cover: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Tocopherol, Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Red 36 CI 12085, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Ultramarines CI 77007, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288] Extra Cover: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Petrolatum, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Carmine CI 75470, Red 36 CI 12085]

on 3/25/2015 3:06:00 AM

Very dry. That needs to be said first. I find putting setting powder down first and using it last seems to help, but it's definitely not a creamy concealer.

I use it under my eyes (I know it's not meant for that), but it cakes no matter where I put it. It's important to use a thin layer, which is I'm guessing why it comes in 2 formulations of coverage - medium and full. Not sure who's after a medium cover concealer, but there it is. I don't find a great difference between the 2.

I got the lightest shade and it's the best colour concealer I've ever found. I'd say it runs neutral, so people with obviously yellow undertones may not find it blends into their skin tone, but that's just a guess. The shade selection is awesome, which is why I got it. I know I'm not supposed to use it under the eyes, but I haven't been able to find another concealer light enough. I'm going to try the Nars concealer next, which looks to be just slightly darker than this.

The coverage is pretty good, about what you'd expect from a concealer. It does conceal well enough. Even though it's in a pot it's very thin on the fingers or brush. It can be built up, but only so much before it cakes. I haven't tried it on an actual pimple, just old acne scars and the smallish blue patch in the corner of my eyes.

The main reason for my high rating is the colour. If you're fair-med to med-dark then there are many concealers that perform a lot better, but if you're lighter or darker than the 'normal' shades then this line is worth looking into. I think it's AU$66 or something terrible... Don't pay that, buy it on sale, it can be found on sale quite often.

on 9/6/2014 10:23:00 PM

After running out of my usual concealer, I finally got this in Praline which is a light shade with slight yellow undertone. The concealer comes in 2 formulations with the left compartment targeted for stubborn spots on the face hence a heavier coverage, and the right compartment for 'usual' everyday use which I used as an eye concealer. I must say that I have a slight love-hate relationship with this product. While it excels in its role of covering spots, its hard and waxy formulation doesnt make it ideal to conceal a wide area on the face. As an under eye concealer, it is a challenge to spread the product evenly on the eye area, even after moisturising. It also appears flaky under certain lighting. I only use my fingers so im unsure if the results would have be different if a brush is used instead.

on 8/27/2014 2:28:00 PM

This concealer is now my HG! The color is just perfect match for me, creating a very natural look. I'm NC 20-25, having this in Tahini. There are two textures contained in a pot. I use medium coverage side to cover under eye n full to cover blemishes (which I have little). It blends in easily n provides good coverage. I actually selected the color online based on info on Becca's site, since there's no Becca counter in my town.

Edit: On a cold day, it doesn't come up easily when I use my finger to pick it up, and doesn't glide on as smooth as it was on summer days. It still works but requires more time to blend in. I can't tell if it'd work in winter.

PRO
- Full coverage
- Long lasting-- stay the same after hot yoga and late dinner
- Easily applied
- No creasing or caking
- Light weight

CON

on 3/28/2013 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got my shade in Praline.(I am NC15-20) which is an almost perfect match for covering red bumps and I don't use it for under eye concealing because the harder consistency may end up cakey. But for under eye the shade wild be a different one, better with a little peach undertone.

on 3/27/2013 1:50:00 PM

This reminded me of a stick concealer in a pot. Waxy weak coverage and it accentuated any texture of skin making my under eyes look horrid. I really wanted this to work for me and I have tried this out multiple times. No amount of moisturizing seemed to help. I have hereditary under eye circles- a muscle slightly protruding giving me pink, blue and purple discoloration. A rainbow of a bruise almost
I really was hopeful based on the reviews and blogs. This product did not layer well. This would not conceal OR look natural on my skin. I have come to conclusions that only liquid concealer works for my skin- if you are currently using a liquid concealer (yet still on the hunt for "the one") I suggest sticking with liquid concealers. Estee Lauder Double Wear is phenomenal. For a drugstore, Maybelline instant age rewind works almost as good. If cream concealers are what work for you, this might be what you are looking for

on 1/11/2013 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay, I finally found my HG concealer. In the past few years, I've gone through many popular high-end and drugstore concealers alike, including Dior, YSL, MAC, and Makeup Forever. My favorite one prior to this was the Diorskin Sculpt concealer, but for some reason I feel as though all concealers slide off my face after a couple hours. I have combo skin, but the oily areas aren't super oily.

This concealer comes in a small round compact complete with a little mirror, with heavy coverage on one side and medium on the other. This line has a ton of colors, so I was able to find one that matched fairly easily, and while I felt the concealer itself was a bit hard when I first opened it, it is easy to apply and blend, and has great coverage. When I'm lazy, I don't wear foundation under it and it still looks perfect. Love it!

The only weird thing I noticed is that I have to blend it EXTREMELY well or it will show up lighter in flash photos, but it looks like perfect skin in normal light. Not a big deal, they must have illuminator in it or something... but I thought it was strange.

on 10/22/2012 10:48:00 AM

After searching and searching for the perfect concealer - both in terms of color and texture/coverage - I have finally found my ideal product. I've used MAC studio finish and select cover-up (NC20 in winter and NC30/35 when I'm tan - although my perfect everyday color is NC25) for years, although I continually find that the color offerings aren't truly right for my skin.

After custom blending the right color on one morning too many, I decided to splurge for BECCA's concealer - and I am very I glad I did! I like a concealer with pretty heavy coverage, to cover up dark circles and the occasional blemish. This concealer has just the right amount of coverage without looking at all cakey. Just warm a bit up with your finger in the pan, and on it goes, smooth as can be.

Color wise, you could not ask for a better selection. I use Tahini, which is a PERFECT match for my NC25 skin. if only MAC would actually make concealers in that color, I would be content, because the one downfall of BECCA's concealer is the price tag. You don't get much product (although like MAC studio fix, since you use so little, it lasts a while), but honestly, for the perfect color match and amazing coverage, I'm willing to pay.

The compact also has a little mirror in it, which makes it great for on the go emergency cover-up situations. All in all, it's a great product and completely worth the money - especially if you have a hard to match skin tone.

Concealers. The magical "cover-up" if you will. A potentially powerful product that can sweep away those dark circles with your fancy brush. Besides dark circles, concealers are held in high esteem for their ability to reverse acne damage, cover a zit, or play down the redness of skin.

Lancome's Effacernes was my HG waterproof concealer. But although it was moisturizing, and didn't budge, the color just wasn't matching my paleness and the darkness just wasn't eradicated. So I came back to BECCA. But in a new color believed to be a better match. Sherbet was a tad dark, so......

Enter Becca's duo concealer in the color "Parfait". Parfait is pretty light. It's the 4th one from the VERY lightest, I believe. And to view the product in the "pan," I felt the color or hue was spot-on. And today, for the first time, I put Mercier's Brightening Powder on top, and successfully created a reverse raccoon eyes of whiteness all around that SCREAMED "Concealer at Work."

I swear my bathroom's light or failure of lightness has its own agenda to *p_ss* me off. Because when I later get into the car and check my mirror....there's a slew of expletives that spout from my mouth in reference to my makeup!

Consequently, tomorrow I will apply my Laura Mercier translucent powder to set the concealer and then say a prayer. I really believe this will produce a natural look. Believe me, Brightening Powder should just be reserved for Halloween for that surreal look.

Seriously, BECCA has all colors in the spectrum in their Concealer to match up to anyone. However, there is no BECCA around here, so I had to order on-line, hoping this new color would be the right match.

The texture is indeed good for being budge-proof, especially for covering zits. However, with respect to dark circles under the eye area, the concealer should be warmed up next to the skin, so it can slightly melt into it and blend in. Make sure you've moisturized under the eye so the application of this product becomes easier.

Believe me, this product really does cover quite well. My nose's broken capillaries are wiped away with this stuff. The eye darkness is certainly at bay. And you can easily dab a bit on a zit, and make it disappear.

You get what you pay for. BECCA might be a tad high in cost, but in terms of quality, you get a mighty nice product that actually fulfills your expectations.

on 9/4/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this concealer, I've bought it in 2 different shades (torrone and meringue) they both are warm/neutral, and are really good at covering any redness. I don't use this concealer under my eyes because it emphasizes fine lines. The concealer doesn't have great staying power unfortunately, so I find myself reapplying consistently, but you can't beat the color match.

on 7/9/2012 4:22:00 PM

The color range, as it has been said, it's amazing. I'm sure everyone can find an exact match. The packaging is nice, sometimes is a little difficult to open, but it might be just me. It has a small mirror, wich I find very usefull. I mix both sides for covering up blemishes and redness and it works great. I don't use it as an eye concealer because I don't need it, so I can't comment on that. I use this instead of foundation and I've been loving the natural look. If you have trouble finding concealers or foundations that match your skintone I recommend you try Becca.