April 16, 2014 | 2012 users online

Mascara - Lumene - Blueberry curl mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by MissAnnieBeautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! My HG mascara! Have already repurchased it a few times and will keep repurchasing. :)

I have quite short and straight lashes and i love it how it really curls my lashes and separates them one by one without making them clumpy or "spidery" looking. It will really give you curled, pretty lashes and it opens up your eyes beautifully. I love it how it's really like black black (not blueyish at all) and it stays on all day without smudging.

However if you're looking for really long, dramatic lashes this is probably not the best mascara for you once this one makes your lashes more natural looking, i feel. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this online blind just because of the reviews on MU Alley. Thank you, ladies!! I was about to splurge on a department store mascara until I saw how highly rated this is. Lumene Blueberry Curl Mascara is wonderful. I am not looking for a dramatic effect; my deal-breaker is whether or not mascara holds a curl. I have average lashes that are very straight, and this mascara holds a curl all day while adding moderate volume and length. Not only that, my lashes feel soft and healthy as opposed to the dry, crunchy feeling I often get with waterproof mascara (which I normally use). Even though this is not the waterproof version, it is apparently water-resistant, as I found out after getting caught in a storm during my kid's soccer game.....no "raccoon eyes!" It would be nice if they would put it back in stores, since I regularly see some of Lumene's skincare products when I am shopping, but as long as I can order it online I'm good. Definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have the waterproof version, which has a light blue package.

This is my favourite "cheap" mascara. Usually I use the Lancome hypnose doll eyes waterproof mascara, but this one is almost as good as the one from lancome.

I don´t usually like rubber brushes, I prefer the traditional ones, but this one really works. It defines the lashes beautifully, but is also gives volume and lenght, when you use it more.

I have long, but super straight lashes, so the most important thing for me is the curling effect. That´s why I always use a lash curler and waterproof mascara (it dries faster and doesn´t ruin the curl). This one keeps the curl the whole day, and my eye make up looks good the whole day. This doesn´t irritate my eyes either (super sensitive and I wear contact lenses) unlike some mascaras do (for example diorshow waterproof: it´s horrible!)

You can´t create MEGA lashes with this mascara, but it´s an excellent every day mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Sariella53

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have used this mascara for years.

I use the waterproof version and it gives me lenght, volume and holds the curl. I love it and will use nothing else. HG. LOVE IT.

Only downside to this mascara (the waterproof one) is that it's pretty hard to remove. The only eyemakeupremover that really removes this product is the Lumene waterproof makeup remover. I'm willing to overlook this fact knowing that my mascara allways stays put and never ever smears or smudges. You could probably wear this mascara for a week with one aplication.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Corchete

Esta es mi mascara favorita! no da mucho volumen, pero las define totalmente! las alarga y separa, que es justo lo que yo busco!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a good mascara, but not amazing. I guess it's good for curl (I already have curly lashes), decent but not amazing for length, and doesn't do much for volume. It's nice for more natural looking lashes, but given all the love for it I was definitely let down. Also the brush can take a bit of getting used to, and can kind of hurt to use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Hudde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the waterproof formula and it's the best mascara I've ever tried.

The reason i bought this mascara in the first place was the shiny turquoise packaging. I had never heard anything about this but it turned out to be a huge win. This lengthens, defines and and gives volume to my lashes. I love the rubber brush and that it has both long and short bristles so you could choose which side to use, and by that get the natural or dramatic lashes that you want.

This also holds my curl amazingly, though I'm not sure if the regular version would.

5 out of 5 and definitely a repurchase, I have gone through several tubes of this already.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by NBinNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I FINALLY found my go to mascara!!!!! I've tried different mascaras over a year or so. This was reviewed on MUA and I thought I'd try it based on the reviews. Well, I am happy that I did! Love it! It does NOT make my lashes clumpy. I normally have long and a lot of lashes and most mascaras tends to clump. I've tried Tracy McaVoy, Lancome, and others. Lumene is the best out of all of them. My other favorites are Walgreen's Jordana in black/purple/pink tube and Rimmel Glam Eyes. I guess these are my top 3, with Lumene as my favorite! It made my lashes look natural yet longer and thicker without clumping and looking fake. Really nice mascara and comes off really good also. This is NOT the waterproof mascara. I purchased the regular mascara. Lastly, my bottle is not dry at all. It is not watery either, just right!! Perhaps the other reviews listed are for the waterproof type or they purchased an old mascara???? I purchased mine on line.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Blueberry Curl separates and darkens lashes well without clumping, but does not add much volume and does not hold a curl very well. Then again, every mascara I've tried recently has weighed down the curl from my Shu Uemura curler. I want to try this out with my Shiseido mascara base, and with a heated eyelash curler because I trust that this one will withstand the heat.

This mascara is a bit on the dry side, but hangs on tight without smudging and is extremely waterproof. I use the Lumene Waterproof eye makeup remover to ease this one off my lashes. I'm going to try soaking the tube in warm water in the shower with me before using it, to see if that makes it a little wetter to apply.

NB: This was recommended to me by my aunt (who works for a cosmetics distributor in Southeast Asia) and sister.

UPDATE: Tried this with my Shiseido Nourishing Base, and it holds a curl all day! I actually have little lashes framing my eyes now. But compared to my Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara, Blueberry Curl is nowhere near as lengthening or volumizing or pretty. Looks a bit like thin individual spider legs sticking out of my eyes, and feels like the lashes are slightly stuck together. Kind of uncomfortable. As for smudging, it did leave a little dark silhouette until my eyes after 8-10 hours, but not terrible. Since I can afford the Armani (it's $30 for a 4-5 month investment! Totally worth it! Eyelash extensions are like $50-100 per month), I'll stick with that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by cassie11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this mascara and had high hopes due to the reviews but this one sort of let me down. The things I like about it is the brush and that it does add some nice volume and definition. Unfortunately, it weighed my curl down (I have really straight lashes) which is the dealbreaker for me. Seems to work ok for others though. Right now, I'm using L'oeal false lash mascara WP and this actually holds my curl all day.