December 18, 2014 | 1714 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kayladanielle17

I have used this stuff since I first started wearing makeup. It matches me perfectly. I have pretty normal skin and it does get a little shiny after a while, but it is nothing that an oil blotting sheet can't fix. It lasts me a whole 8-hour day with only 1 oil blotting sheet half-way through the day. I have gone through countless amounts of this product. It has never let me down. Since it is a powder, I would not recommend to wear it on its own for people with dry skin. It has pretty good coverage that is buildable.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This powder is ok for no sensitive or acne prone skin. It contains talc as the first ingredient that is highly comedogenic and clog pores and can cause itching. The shades are horrible all too pink or too dark like most of the clinique foundations. It does not control oil horrible coverage light cakey flakey patchy. Not even good as setting powder. It made my face itch and breakout horrible and was patchy. The color was too light pink or too dark pink/orange. All clinique foundations are not light yellow enough for my mac nc15/20 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, light, buttery powder foundation that has decent sunscreen (Titanium Dioxide and Octinoxate ((also known as Octyl methoxycinnamate)). It does not itch my skin, cause rashes, or watery eyes like foundations with avobenzone sunscreen. It can be applied lightly or patted on for more coverage. It works over other sunscreen, and it's great for oil-breakthrough and sunscreen boost throughout the day. My only gripe regarding this product is with Clinique's confusing color system. I have what is widely considered "Medium" skin. I've never heard it called anything other than "Medium, Olive, Tan..." (NC35) So I didn't think Clinique had a shade for me in this powder. I use Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in Stay Honey and none of the 6 available shades of Almost Powder looked like my regular powdder. A Clinique SA suggest I try Deep, and when she applied it, it disappeared into my skin, looking completely natural. I could care less what the product is called, but I couldn't help but think that "Deep" is a confusing name in the case of this product. I'd been looking at Clinique's foundations and powders, and I'd seen the other "deep" shades Clinique offers. Compared to those other Clinique "Deep" shades, this "Deep" is a Medium color. Overall this is an extremely natural looking foundation that couldn't be faster or easier to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation. I use #3 Light. It applies very smooth and has what I would call a natural finish with medium coverage. I use the It Cosmetics Heavenly flat top powder brush to apply. I usually touch up once in the middle of the day.
I don't love the packaging, it reminds me of a bathroom tile.
The price is pretty good, I think it is $27. I usually buy one whenever there is a Clinique GWP.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Wurtle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! my new HG! used to be a fan of B.E mineral powder but I don't like the powder particles flying everywhere, getting on my clothes, floor, etc. This is easier to apply and less messy. Can be applied using a brush as well. It has a matte feel. Like all powders you have to reapply or blot on those shiny parts on your face. I'm acne prone and my skin is sensitive so this is really a good choice if that is one of your concerns. Try it out and see if it's work for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an okay powder. Normally a bit heavier then a regular powder compact since it can be used as foundation by itself. I tend to use it on top of a foundation for a bit extra coverage. It controls oil for awhile--which was one of my reasons for purchase as I have oily skin--but I think it tends to get a bit chalky. Even when I did not use a ton and cake it on..it got a tiny bitchalky. I do like it since i feel limited in the powder dept, this is one I would use now and then. But because I dont love it 100% , I will continue looking for my HG powder....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation, at last! After years of trying to find a liquid foundation that didn't break me out and clog me, I decided to try pressed powders. This is fabulous, no breakouts whatsever. It has great coverage and oil control, I don't need an additional powder on top of this. The SPF is minimal so I use an additional SPF if I know I'll be out in the sun. I have repurchased this 3 times now. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by PMD64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think some are confused and assuming this is a powder to use over foundation. It's actually a foundation itself, in powder form. It's more expensive than simple powder for that reason. It can be used over other foundation for a fuller coverage, but it is itself a foundation - like Bare Minerals or Pur Minerals, etc.

I really like it but I wish it didn't contain any sunblock. I'd prefer to use a separate sunblock since it's not enough to do much anyway unless you cake it on, and I like to use a physical sunblock and this contains Octinoxate (chemical sunscreen) along with the Titanium Dioxide. For this I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5. Aside from not appreciating the chemical sunscreen, I feel that without the added sunscreen this product would be more buildable throughout the day and not end up feeling cakey as it tends to after a couple touchups.

Love the color range, I have the 02 Neutral Fair and it's perfect. Covers up redness well and it looks beautiful until I have to touch up and add another layer.

If this lacked sunblock it would become my HG foundation. Until then I won't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by roseannabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The lady matched me to 02 neutral fair which fit me perfectly. I have oily skin and this prevented me from getting shiny for most of the day. It covers acne well and sets liquid foundation well. The product lasted me a long time before running out so I will repurchase when they have the free gift with purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by taygete05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this for a simple, uniform product. The sponge that's included isn't awesome, but the coverage works well for my whole face, and doesn't take a lot of fiddling to get an amount of coverage I like.