Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

Water, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Phosphate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Tocopherol.

on 6/28/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this thinking it would be a replacement for Lancome Bi-Facil or my frequent sub Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. It doesn't seem to work as good. First Lancome or Neutrogena when you shake them mix the water and oil pretty nicely together. This one did not. You have to really shake it and the oil is mixed in large drops in the water. It seemed to slightly irritate my extremely sensitive eyes and just isn't as elegant of a formula as the two listed up above. I will be returning it as I didn't really like it at all. I should note that it did a decent job removing my eye makeup and that is why I gave it a 2.

on 8/10/2014 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the make up remover I keep buying again and again. It hasn't irritated my sensitive skin and it moisturizes the skin around my eyes. It's not awfully expensive and I can easily buy it at any store, really. The old dependable.

on 3/2/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

It does the job. I use it to remove waterproof mascara and brow gel.

My only complaint is that it can be harsh for those with sensitive skin. The first time I tried it I felt a slight burning sensation on my eyelids for a few seconds. When I woke up the next day my left eyelid was irritated and red. That only happened after my first use though. I've continued to use it and it hasn't happened again.

Overall an okay product because it does what its supposed to, but not really suitable for those of us with really sensitive eye areas. It's not likely that I'll buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Wow, what a godsend this is! I don't think I could ask for a better eye makeup remover.

There's not a single product I use this doesn't wipe away with ease, and I use a lot of waterproof or long-wearing formulas. I don't need to scrub my cotton ball around my eye trying to get every last bit like with other drugstore formulas (looking at you, Neutrogena). Not sure why so many people refer to Neutrogena as a dupe for Bi-Facil; It is nowhere near as easy to remove. Lumene is more like it. My favorite thing about this is it doesn't leave a greasy residue! That's the one thing I dislike most about Bi-Facil.
So considering it doesn't have that downside or high price, Lumene is perfection!

on 12/22/2013 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This comes in a large (4.2oz) plastic bottle. it lasts forever! It did a fairly good job of removing eye m/u- but I dont wear w/p 95% of the time. would say that you had to work at the mascara a bit, and it gets smeary. The most annoying and puzzling aspect of this is that it feels scratchy. I noticed another reviewer said she had a bad reaction to this as well. back to cheapy maybelline again

on 12/19/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Removes Covergirl waterproof mascaras.

Bi-facil dupe.

I've used both. Just saying.

EDIT: Equate eye makeup remover (neutrogena copy) IS $4 cheaper and SO MUCH BETTER. I'm a convert

on 10/4/2013 8:34:00 AM

Works great on waterproof mascara, low price and gentle on skin. Not greasy.

on 9/17/2013 7:22:00 PM

I've used many different types of waterproof eye makeup removers. And this one is nothing special.

cons: This product stings my eyes, makes my mascara flake off when removing instead of melting it off. doesn't efficiently remove all my mascara off, even some smudging after i wash my face. dries out the skin around my eyes.

Pros: no oily residue, cheap, non-leaky packaging, small opening to control amount of product you dispense.

on 8/19/2013 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

It's been a long time since I've used a traditional eye makeup remover. I've used Lancome and Clinique successfully in the past before graduating to cold cream and coconut oil in an effort to pamper my skin. To be honest, non of these things worked nearly as well as Lumene. It can be a bit oily but I use a gentle face wash to remove any residue. Fantastic!

on 7/11/2013 11:47:00 AM

I love this stuff!! I was a Mary Kay eye make up remover follower, but my rep moved so I went to this site and looked to see what else was out there. I really think this is better than Mary Kay, I only wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner otherwise I start looking like Alice Cooper in an hour. It is a little greasy but wipes off easily and takes off all of my make up. I have sensitive eyes and this has not stung me at all and it's cheap!! I think under 6.00 a bottle, the only problem I have is finding it, it's ususally sold out. EDIT: 6-14-2014 I actually don't use this everyday like I did, I am onto the Bocsia make up remover oil or the neutragena wipes, this works but a little too greasy for me, does work well on waterproof mascara.