October 20, 2014 | 2118 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by lalashaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is the make up remover I keep buying again and again. It hasn't irritated my sensitive skin and it moisturizes the skin around my eyes. It's not awfully expensive and I can easily buy it at any store, really. The old dependable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Solfire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does the job. I use it to remove waterproof mascara and brow gel.

My only complaint is that it can be harsh for those with sensitive skin. The first time I tried it I felt a slight burning sensation on my eyelids for a few seconds. When I woke up the next day my left eyelid was irritated and red. That only happened after my first use though. I've continued to use it and it hasn't happened again.

Overall an okay product because it does what its supposed to, but not really suitable for those of us with really sensitive eye areas. It's not likely that I'll buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a godsend this is! I don't think I could ask for a better eye makeup remover.

There's not a single product I use this doesn't wipe away with ease, and I use a lot of waterproof or long-wearing formulas. I don't need to scrub my cotton ball around my eye trying to get every last bit like with other drugstore formulas (looking at you, Neutrogena). Not sure why so many people refer to Neutrogena as a dupe for Bi-Facil; It is nowhere near as easy to remove. Lumene is more like it. My favorite thing about this is it doesn't leave a greasy residue! That's the one thing I dislike most about Bi-Facil.
So considering it doesn't have that downside or high price, Lumene is perfection!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This comes in a large (4.2oz) plastic bottle. it lasts forever! It did a fairly good job of removing eye m/u- but I dont wear w/p 95% of the time. would say that you had to work at the mascara a bit, and it gets smeary. The most annoying and puzzling aspect of this is that it feels scratchy. I noticed another reviewer said she had a bad reaction to this as well. back to cheapy maybelline again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Removes Covergirl waterproof mascaras.

Bi-facil dupe.

I've used both. Just saying.

EDIT: Equate eye makeup remover (neutrogena copy) IS $4 cheaper and SO MUCH BETTER. I'm a convert

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by brieirishmeg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works great on waterproof mascara, low price and gentle on skin. Not greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used many different types of waterproof eye makeup removers. And this one is nothing special.

cons: This product stings my eyes, makes my mascara flake off when removing instead of melting it off. doesn't efficiently remove all my mascara off, even some smudging after i wash my face. dries out the skin around my eyes.

Pros: no oily residue, cheap, non-leaky packaging, small opening to control amount of product you dispense.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

It's been a long time since I've used a traditional eye makeup remover. I've used Lancome and Clinique successfully in the past before graduating to cold cream and coconut oil in an effort to pamper my skin. To be honest, non of these things worked nearly as well as Lumene. It can be a bit oily but I use a gentle face wash to remove any residue. Fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kmclallen

I love this stuff!! I was a Mary Kay eye make up remover follower, but my rep moved so I went to this site and looked to see what else was out there. I really think this is better than Mary Kay, I only wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner otherwise I start looking like Alice Cooper in an hour. It is a little greasy but wipes off easily and takes off all of my make up. I have sensitive eyes and this has not stung me at all and it's cheap!! I think under 6.00 a bottle, the only problem I have is finding it, it's ususally sold out. EDIT: 6-14-2014 I actually don't use this everyday like I did, I am onto the Bocsia make up remover oil or the neutragena wipes, this works but a little too greasy for me, does work well on waterproof mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by rb1313

I'm thinking of returning my bottle - like some of the reviewers have stated, it BURNS!
Great price, and it does the job of removing my eye makeup, but for me, the burning sensation isn't worth it.

I also had trouble of keeping the two liquids mixed. It separates immediately. At first I thought the burning sensation must be because I didn't shake it well enough, but even after a good 30 seconds of shaking (yes, I counted) it started separating as soon as I set my bottle down, and it still burned my eyes :(
Too bad it didn't work out for me.