April 17, 2014 | 1041 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Bionic Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

I have an interesting relationship with this mascara. I would repurchase it but it always leaves me dissatisfied. So this mascara is great for volume and it is decent for length. I think the brush is really good in that it gets to every little lash and it helps fan out the lashes without making them look too separated and spidery. The only qualm I have is that it leaves my lashes crunchy and stiff and it causes fall out. I wish they would make the formula a little wetter so that it did not dry out my lashes so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really works well to separate your lashes. More for a natural look and can be applied again once dry without clumping.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by CaliLoveChild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Fortunately I didn't purchase this product. I received a deluxe sample of this mascara and I don't know it it was just a bad one or not all I know is that I HATED it! The formula itself was thick and flaky and the brush! Lord the brush! When I pulled the wand out the bristles were all lain down flat. I had to wait forever for the bristles to pop out in order to apply the damn stuff. The bristles never all came up and most of them just stayed down.

Again I don't know if I just got a bad one but I'm sure not willing to spend the money to buy one if that isn't the case.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by taltman11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ugh...racoon eyes. This stuff is awful. It has no staying power and most of the product ended up on my under-eye area. As I mentioned in another review of Smashbox mascara, when I went to return this, the sales clerk told me she gets tons of returns on this mascara. I really like some other Smashbox products, like the Halo powder, and I was hoping this mascara would be of equal quality, but that's not the case. This purchase made me realize I just need to stick with my reliable standbys and stop experimenting with new brands. So my mascara motto is now "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this mascara in a set as a gift from the dear MUAer Bexcini. I hate to diss a product that I've been given as a present, but dear God, it really is a dreadful mascara. I tried every which way to make it work. I would have gotten up early and cooked it eggs if it would have helped it do ANYTHING remotely approaching nice eyelashes. I pre-powdered my lashes, curled them, combed them, wiped the excess from the wand for each eye, waited for it to dry (which it never really did), even stopped applying it to the lower lashes to avoid the chronic smudging and every time I was rewarded with mediocre, slightly saggy-looking peepers and the worst raccoon eyes since Great Lash. In fact, I suspect Smashbox bought a vat of Great Lash and called it Bionic. The raccoon effect took less than an hour to start, which might be a personal best. Please, do not bother trying this, even if it is on sale. It is the mascara equivalent of expecting to sit down and watch 'Casablanca' only to discover that someone taped over it with 'Troll 2'.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not sure I would buy this as there are so many mascaras out there and I have long lashes so I am debating if spending money on HE mascara is a total necessity or not. I got this in a deluxe sample and I do like it a lot. It doesn't clump on me at all...I do reach for this a lot and am very happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Photofinish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of the dozen mascaras I have, I like this as my top 4. It goes on smooth, easy to build upon, and does a good job for my lashes. I forgot to look for the color & got Indigo Ink (a deep mat blue) but it makes my lashes looking good, as if a soft black. So, not magical but good enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it really plumps up the lashes but the formula is super waxy so clumpiness is unavoidable. Just have to be very careful because it can easily give you a spider look. The end result can pretty if you can get it right. I would give it a 3.5 because its not foolproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in the minority here - I like this mascara. To apply, I start with Dior Primer and let that dry. I than place a credit card behind my eye lashes and work the mascara straight up the lashes using the credit card as a barrier between my eye lid and lashes.. This seperates them wonderfully, helps to get to the root of the lash, and makes them look a million miles long. Works for me - no clumping, lots of volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Patty31

I don't see what everyone is complaining about. i really like this mascara. I'm a tarte fan, and I've been using lights camera lashes for a couple years now. i really like it. the only complaint i have about the lcl is it doesn't give my lashes much volume. but the bionic does. makes me look like i have thick long lashes. i didn't get the smudging issues that others are talking about. my lashes feel soft like i have nothing on. i like it a lot and i will be buying it again.