August 27, 2014 | 1750 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an ok powder, it's quite finely-milled but gives a rather dull and flat finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by gilbert

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A heads-up to those who consider this to be their HG loose powder -- Becca is "currently phasing it out" and it will be discontinued. There will be no loose powder product in their line. According to the customer rep I spoke with through the Becca Website, going forward they will be "emphasizing" their mineral powder foundation (a compact) which will be "improved" with respect to formulation and have an expanded (and renamed) shade selection. I don't see how a mineral-based compact is a substitute for loose, but as she pitched the "alternative" I sensed that this was a matter of a target customer with a certain lifestyle, and loose powder is not considred modern or convenient.

The CR seemed very confident in her information and assured me it was indeed being discontinued. So, if you're like me and get anxious at the thought of having to change any of the basics that work well for you, stock up from Becca.com while they still have stock in your color.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, so I don't use much powder, but this is an excellent product. I am NW1520 and I the color Bisque is a good match. It is one of the finest milled powders I have seen in my life, and it seems to go almost transperant when applied. Not entirely, but almost. I think this is a fixing powder more than a coverage product. I use just a little product on a big fluffy brush to set foundation on my nose and chin and it works really, really well. It is expensive, but you get a lot of top quality product here. Would have given five lippies if it wasn't for the perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Right now this is my HG finishing powder. Don't expect this powder to cover anything, it is purely for setting your foundation. Apply it sheerly with a large fluffy brush. It may look matte and chalky at first but half an hour later it will transform into a silky veil and provided you buy the right colour, it will be transparent - like your skin has a natural radiant glow. It will keep oil away for most of the day if you have oily or combination skin like mine. The problem is the packaging is a bit annoying, only peel off one quarter of the sticker if you know what's good for you! Tip the container upside down and give it a couple of taps and the right amount of product will fall into the lid for one use.

I have a very neutral medium complexion and wheat is a PERFECT match. I first thought it was way too light so I purchased cardamom (that is so dark, stay away if you have medium colouring, it will look horrendous on you). Then I went down a notch and purchased mocha and it was still too dark. I also found that it oxidised to a really muddy orange colour on my face after a few hours. So finally I tried wheat, and it was perfect. For reference, the closest MAC shade to my skin is NC37.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the wheat shade and it matched my skin perfectly. I apply this with a big powder brush from Mac, and it works great. My complexion looks matte, but still lively, and my makeup looks great all day. It's very fine and smooth so it doesn't feel cakey or too fake. You do have to be really careful with the little tin to avoid wasting it. If you're in Canada you can buy this from ebeauty.ca (it's $38.50: http://bit.ly/qiWLM6)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a NC 45 and I love this powder. The finish is beautiful. I apply with a puff and BUFF off excess w/ a brush and the finish is perfect. LOVE IT!

Better than YSL or Prescriptives custom blend!

Just get the correct color, cardamom was my 3rd try. I blame the counter people since I know my coloring undertones etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarz_1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I seem to have no luck with Becca products, I want to love them, but my skin just doesn't.

I absolutely loved the perfect match of Sesame to my skin tone and at first instant loved the texture, luminescence and coverage this powder gave.

However, four days later, my skin balance was starting to change radically. To clarify, I have combination skin, which can tend to be on the oily side during summer. So, four days later my skin had become so dry and flakey and it felt like all the moisture had been drawn out of my skin. To top it off, I got some really pretty cysts and pimples on my face. I generally only get acne around that time of the month now, and they are always in the same zones, these were not where I'd usually get my breakouts. The powder had been my only change in product in the last few months.

In addition, I'd previously tried the Becca Foundation Stick a couple of years ago and had pretty much the same reaction, dry flaky skin, cysts etc.

For some reason, I just cannot wear Becca. I really , really want to, because everyone just raves about it and it is so easy to get here in Australia, but I have to listen to my skin.

So for now, back to my Chanel powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by stargal33

got this after reading the raves here. it's really different from other powders as it gives a very natural dewy look, which is very hard to acheive if you use powder. the packaging however, is horrible. i didn't even open all the sifter holes, only half, but powder still flies all over the place. don't ever bring this around, coz the last time i did, i opened it when i got back home, and powder was everywhere! not good. color selection is acceptable, suit most tones. Have it in Sesame, good color match for me! it's one of the good powders that i have. expensive but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by britnay_77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. I never thought I would really like a powder... boy was I wrong! I am extremely pale and most drugstore brands don't even make makeup in my colour :( I also have very dry skin with acne scars and occasional pimples.

Powders usally make me look like a corpse so I skip them but then my makeup doesn't last. I bought this in eggshell and first off the colour is perfect for me. It's very light but with a neutral tone NOT orange and NOT too pink as most pale ones are. On top of that it is not too matte and doesn't make me look like the living dead. Major plus. The powder also sets my foundation all day and adds a slight amount of coverage without looking like a cakey mask.

Thankyou Becca!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

5 lippies for the powder. The powder is beautiful. Extremely finely milled and sets my makeup wonderfully. Sesame is the perfect match for me (although the SA did say Bisque is a universal match for everyone should Sesame ever be discontinued or OOS). But, 0 lippies for the packaging. It's terrible and most certainly NOT user-friendly. There is even a sticky note over the top that says "For economic purposes, please peel off only one half of this sticker". No matter how hard you try to get the product as cleanly as possible out its container, powder goes everywhere and it's an effort not to make a mess. I've found the best way is to, with the lid on, VERY GENTLY tap the side of the container and then remove the lid VERY SLOWLY. Throw out the puff that comes with the powder. It's useless. The LM velour puff is much better. But the e.l.f. kabuki is perfect for picking up powder and for swiping inside the lid to clean up any excess. You will save so much product this way.