MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really on the fence about this. I kind of like it and kind of don't. I like it because it evens out the color of your lids and it does make eyeshadow more vibrant. However, I hate the texture of the paint pots. They are thick and I only apply it lightly with my finger. My theory is that the warmth of my finger should help it to blend better. I feel like it looks thick and because of the texture, it could easily settle into any tiny fine lines around the eyes. I know a lot of people love this. I've never had such mixed feelings about a product. My other issue is that paint pots dry out kind of quickly. They will start to do this weird thing where they pull away from the edges as they begin to dry. I'm looking for a better eyeshadow primer that doesn't have such a thick consistency. I think this can look chalky even if applied just right.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My boyfriend bought this for me the other day. So far so good! It's a good match for my yellow skintone and it is a great base for my eyeshadow. It give me a clean canvas to work with, covering all veins and discoloration on my lids up to my brow bone area. It's nice and creamy and smooth right now. I hope it doesn't ever dry out like my painterly paint pot. I had to turn that one in for back to mac because it was done for. But this one I like a lot better. It doesn't crease on me and it makes my shadow more vibrant. =) It's nice to have this base next to my urban decay anti-aging. I like to have both on hand. But lately I've just been using this product to prime my eyes and it works great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

As much as I love the Soft Ochre paint pot, I voted no to repurchasing because I reach for the Layin' Low paint pot much more than this one.
Soft Ochre is great for those days when I want to really emphasize my eyeshadows or if I'm going for a 'brighter' eye look.
It's a tad bit too light for my Asian NC30 skin tone but I think it would look fantastic on fair skin tones.
It stays on all day and my eyeshadows don't crease or fade so the paint pots are fabulous as bases. I also use primer beforehand so my eye looks stays put for just about the whole day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the reviews marking this product down for a primer. It's not marketed as a primer so why would someone take off a lippy for it? Pet peeve of mine...

Anyways, this paint pot is good for creating an even color canvas. If you're warm toned, this shade would be great. You lay it on after primer (or no primer at all) and it covers any veins or discoloration. You can apply eyeshadow a on top or not. For a fast look I'll apply this, some eyeliner, and mascara. If you are cool toned I would recommend Painterly instead of soft ochre. If you have dry lids I wouldn't use this (it will show any texture) and if you have very oily lids I wouldn't use it (unless you use a primer under). Good basic staple.

I have very oily, hooded lids and I had high hopes for the soft ochre paint pot as an eyeshadow primer. It did NOT work at all for my oily lids. It creased and broke apart and somehow absorbs shadows so they looks less pigmented. (I don't know how this is even possible).

I have tried every possible way to improve it (powdering after, using more or less product) and nothing really worked. I even put the Milani eyeshadow primer under and this on top (kinda defeats the propose) and it was still only ok.

The ONLY fix I found to this was to scoop it out, transfer some to another small container and mix it with some pressed powder. This creates a paste which then I blend on my eyelids. With this mixture I find my eye shadows last way longer and they also blend like a dream. However this is a lot of work for an already pricey product.

I highly recommend testing this out in store before buying it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The BEST eye primer! It is a cream shadow.. but I use it as an eye primer. It is very close to the color of my skin. Will cover veins and discoloration on the lid. Makes my eyeshadow stay for 12+ hours. It dries quickly so get ready to blend quickly.

If you apply with fingers have a makeup remover wipe handy... soap will not get this off your hands!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had used the Painterly previously and was not impressed at all.. On my eyelids it was almost pink.. So I moved on and used other products.. I had been using UD Eden primer and it dried out and I needed something better so I came back to Mac some I just got Swiss Chocolate.. And the sales girl recommend this as a primer to go with it.. Love it! This is up my alley and I can just wear this alone with mascra.. This will last a good long while.... Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!

I have very oily eyelids and I always wear this before eyeshadow. The trick, at least for me, is using JUST A LITTLE BIT, blending it with your finger or a brush, and then applying a base color (like similar to your skin tone) to set it. THEN, do your eyeshadow, liner, etc.
Works very good, I only see some creasing after like 8 hours and that's great if you ask me....

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm NC25, chinese, yellow undertones.

I hemmed and hawed about trying a paint pot because never found the need for eyeshadow primer but I was thinking a paint pot may brighten my eyelid area when i want to do a nude eye with black winged liner. When I decided to try it out, I had to decide between Soft Ochre (slight yellow toned) or Painterly (slight pink toned). Since i have more yellow undertones, I chose Soft Ochre. I LOVE IT! it gives my eyelids the perfect light color when I use a soft cool toned contour color in the crease of my eye and black winged liner. It dones't crease on me. If' you are on the fence, give it a try!

This covers my veins and freckles on my eyelids and blends like a dream. But, my eyeshadow still creases when i wear this! My eyelids aren't even oily.

Top Rated Eye Shadow