December 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An insult to the mineral cosmetic genre. This product left my face with an orange cast (What is with Maybelline concealers,foundations and powders and their tendency to oxidize therefore turning a orange tint?) The finish is not flattering,making my complexion look dull and lifeless,which is not what a mineral cosmetic product should do or look like. Glad to see this product has been discontinued in stores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder foundation had been sitting in my makeup drawer untouched for quite awhile.
Pulled it out recently because I wanted a powder that would provide a little coverage to wear over my more sheer foundations. Like it a lot for that purpose. I've been applying it with my Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush. Adds the little extra coverage I've been wanting and I like the finish. Its nice and matte but not dead. It sets my makeup nicely and I think it also controls oil since I don't notice any oil showing through during the day when I'm wearing this. The packaging is fine. Sturdy. A product I would consider repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by SLeal13

Love this! It works well and really helps my face look healthier and its an amazing foundation at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry and pretty sensitive skin. I don't have any major problem areas except redness around the nose and I have a faithful and trusted skin care routine. Even though my skin is dry I was finding all liquid foundation to look gross on my skin. I thought it was a particular kind I was using or perhaps my skin just got even more dry and I required something new.

I was getting bad break outs and so for about 3 weeks I didn't wear any foundation. Someone told me that mineral powder foundation works great because it's not as heavy and has more velvet feel. (Referring to this Maybelline foundation) I decided that after a nice break I gave my skin that I'd buy this. The reviews on here, while some are helpful, proved useless because it's a love or hate product and you just have to try it for yourself.

Firstly, just huck the brush away. It's completely useless and sharp. Ouch!

I applied without primer the first time and I liked the effect. It started very matte. (Classic ivory) buy after a few hours looked like normal even skin. I applied this with my primer and I got a great finish, velvety and even. It stayed this way the entire day. Both applications didn't set in my lines or move around on my face. It didn't oxidize or change color, it just looked nice and natural not emphasizing dryness.

It's not full coverage, although it's build able. I agree with the reviews that say if you have nice skin it's perfect. I really think no one product will work for all so you just have to try it. I was surprised that a very dry skinned girl like myself enjoyed this. I paid $15Cad and I'd pay it again. I don't load this stuff on so it will last me a long time.

The other thing worth mentioning to is that the only other powder I've used is Mac mineralized skin finish natural, applied wet with fix plus. I love it too but actually, this Maybelline foundation for me stayed on better and required no touch up :) so I love this :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by kmjvkmp

Hello All ,

First and foremost I would again like to thank all those who write reviews, I would be lost with out them !

AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO SAY PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW AND TAKE IT INTO STRONG CONSIDERATION .

When I first unsuspectingly tried this product I liked it , probably because I believed it was doing my skin some good after all its' a natural "mineral" powder , WRONG !
This is by far one of the worst things I put on my face , I was originally using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse which is also terrible for your skin it was the initial root of changing my skin to normally clear to mild / moderate acne ( READ MY REVIEW ). So I decided to switch to something that wouldn't be so heavy and give the mysterious breakouts I had on my face the ability to breath more when covering them up ( ironic I know ).
So I obliviously used the product for about 2 months because I thought the coverage was good, and during this time every time I was in the sun I started to itch, silly me I though it was my natural skin methods of moisturizing that were causing me to itch, but needless to say the itching persisted as did my increase in acne, so much so that I went back to using the Dream Matte Mousse as a concealer to my scars and the Mineral Powder for full coverage. WHAT A SKIN DISASTER !

My skin was at it's worse, between that terrible combo and the insane heat of the summer sweat seeping this crap deeper into my skin. So finally I came across some informative info, I started of by reading reviews on here then doing further research and discovered that the root of my inexplicable acne was this crap make up the whole time !

As stated in my review on Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse this product too also contains those destructive silicones which are horrible for your skin after continued use causing irritation and acne.

Ingredients to avoid in this product are :

Active: Dimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Bismuth Oxychloride

Anything with a "cone" at the end is a silicone and I have included BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE because to make things so much worse this chemical can cause CYCTIC ACNE.

Since then I have changed my make-up to Physicians Formula Mineral Wear lifting and firming effect as my only cover up.

It is Hypoallergenic, Fragrance Free, Gluten Free, Paraben Free, Dermatologist Approved, Non-Comedogenic

Needless to say my skin is healing so much faster and the itching is gone !

READ THE REVIEWS AND REVIEWS FOR ALL PRODUCTS YOU PUT ON YOUR SKIN.
READ AND KNOW THE INGREDIENTS AND DON"T BE FOOLED BY SOME NATURAL INGREDIENTS OR NATURAL CLAIMS DO YOUR RESEARCH :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought I hated this foundation until I discovered a few tricks to using it, and now I really like it. The most important thing is to use this with a primer. When I used it without a primer, it would go on very thick and patchy, no matter how little I loaded onto the brush. It always looked chalky, but with a primer, problem solved. It seems as if this foundation needs something to adhere to, other than skin or a moisturizer. The other thing I did was to replace the brush with a proper kabuki brush. I feel like the brush it comes with is a bit stiff and deposits the powder in clumps. I bought a proper kabuki brush which was bigger and softer, and I found that it distributes the powder much more evenly. When used with a light touch, this gives a matte look with light coverage to the skin without a heavy made up look. I like this for quick and easy application, although it can be bit messy. I think these colors do run a bit dark, and there are not a lot of color choices either, so girls with coloring outside of this very narrow range will probably not find a color match with this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

One of the worst mineral products I have used. This accentuated pored bad, looked fake and obvious. Clearly all the reasons you want to use mineral makeup in the first place is not to look made up. This was a fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by willow1992

I bought this in 'classic ivory', which appeared to the lightest shade available (but I could be wrong). Once I opened the packaging and applied the product, there was only one thing I could think - orange! I am sure this product could work fine on those of you who have tanned skin, but if you have a fair complexion I would not recommend.

The brush is very stiff, and I can only describe it as useless. In my opinion this kind of powder really needs a good powder brush to distribute it evenly - and there is no way this brush can do that. However, it is nice of them to include the brush.

The packaging is only OK. It is very messy and you will get powder on yourself or your bench top. It's also hard to assume how much you will need to shake the container to actually get the correct amount of product.

I think the powder in itself would be OK for people with tanned skin, and dark skin. The product did set my liquid foundation (but I did oil up), and is also usable as a foundation alone (which I can't because of obvious pimples - so this is a no if you want to use it singularly as a powder if you have acne prone skin). The powder does have a nice finish, as I said before, my issue with the product is the poor colour availability.

The product is cheap however, you can buy this in AUS for less than $20. Would not buy again, there are better products.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by tams32386

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ehh-I used this for years along side the liquid version (which is now discontinued) and I thought i liked it so much I'd still order the liquid version from Ebay. The liquid didn't cover much, more like a tinted moisturizer, but with the mineral powder over it-it would give me an amazing coverage and look. So, somewhere along the way, I'm not sure if they changed the ingredients or what (I know a lot changed because there was less color options, and the liquid was discontinued), but this started to feel and look and BE horrible for my skin. It became cakey, flakey, and broke me out like crazy. I stopped use at that time which was about 10 months ago and my skin got better. I recently tried it again like a month ago thinking maybe it was something else causing my skin to get that way, but def broke out again and got the same bad results. HATE IT. Acne prone, oily, sensitive skinned girls-STAY AWAY.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Coantoinette

The first foundation I ever used, and such success! It applied evenly and well, matched my skin tone, and it lasted throughout the day with decent coverage. I did find that occasionally my face would get itchy within an hour of wearing, but otherwise, I enjoyed this product while I used it. I have yet to purchase again, but if I find it in my area, I will.