July 24, 2014 | 1945 users online

Masks - Pangea Organics - Facial Mask - Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Wheatgrass

HG face mask, I love this mask! I use this mask after I take a shower to ensure my pores are open and I get the maximum detoxifying and clarifying benefits from it. I leave in on for two minutes and then rinse off with warm water and I swear my skin is glowing, soft, clean, and refreshed. This mask is great to use year round and lasts a while. I recommend this product immensely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I may buy this again. When I first started using it, I noticed a really glowy effect that I liked, similar to when I used Caudalie's Vinoperfect serum ($80). After continued use, I didn't notice it as much. I really like Pangea as a brand. I used to use this a lot before an event that I knew a lot of photos would be taken at. I think that it made a difference.

Pros: circulates blood for a glowy effect, excellent ingredients
Cons: smells/looks odd, isn't a purifying mask, expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by AlxB

Best facial mask I've ever used, hands down! Soothing, calming, brighten and soften basically everything I look for in a facial mask. The texture looks and feels very homemade and it also has quite a bit of tea leaves in it which can be kinda hard to spread compare to other cream masks. But when you wash it off, the leaves also act as a gentle scrub and again because of the leaves it's kinda hard to wash off. Be patient and it really pays off. As for the smell, it smells green but that's what I expect because it's green tea after all but nothing too overwhelming.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

So, apparently this facial mask is one of Pangea Organics best selling product winning over 6 beauty awards. Being the easily persuaded girl, I knew I had to get this mask.

It is packaged in a plastic squeeze bottle with a built in nozzle. I have no complains on its simplistic packaging. Texture wise, this mask comes in greenish paste, with soft granules/fibres in it. It is unscented, and smells natural (eg; herb).Therefore, this mask does provide very gentle exfoliation to the skin. You are supposed to massage this in upward circular motion.

I leave this mask on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with tepid water. Well, yes, like other masks, it does provide my skin with some hydration and does leave it softer and smoother. However, there are also plenty of other products that give my skin the same result-at a fraction of what I was paying for. I paid approximately USD50 for this.

Overall, this is an OK mask. It is unscented, packed with natural antioxidant goodies. But, it didn't leave my skin remarkable nor is it a mask that I would shout about.

I'm 50/50 on whether I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by nicola00

Received a sample of this in the discovery kit and have only used it twice. I like it, it doesn't irritate my skin. I do notice my skin to be soothed, softer, brighter and just overall nice. I'm prone to break outs and redness in my cheeks and this tones it all down, makes it less apparently/reduces. The smell and texture is so weird. It smells horrible (yet it's tolerable for me) and the texture is kind of chunky and doesn't go on thick. If you apply a thick layer, the full size won't last long but I don't imagine you'd need a thick layer. I'm considering the full size, but haven't decided yet. $40 is a bit steep BUT as a once a week/every other week mask it could be worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by heyimsabrinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I enjoy the smell and texture of this product, but I would like it better if it worked faster. Sometimes I just don't have the time to apply this and let it sit on my face for 10-20 minutes. After taking off the mask, I can easily tell it makes my skin feel refreshed, cleansed, and soft. But other then that it doesn't do much else for me, maybe because I have some acne? I wouldn't re-purchase because its nothing too special and the price tag is pretty high. But others might like this mask very much because it is a nice treat for your skin (:

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mask, it really soothes my skin and makes my complexion look fantastic even without makeup. I use it about once a week and/or before going out at night, and my whole face just looks more awake. I bought it from ebeauty.ca for $44 - not cheap, but a little goes a long way and it really works for my combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by tinytim113

I LOVE this mask and so far, it's my favorite out of any that I've tried. It is not your typical clay mask. It smells like herbs (which I really love, but can see why some might be turned off by it) and it forms more of a sparse paste on your face when you apply it on. Once I let it dry and wash it off, I immediately see the differences in my face- incredibly smooth and supple skin with pores that are almost non-existent! So awesome to use after a long day at work for a pick-me-up or prior to going out for special occasions! Please not that the effects last for only a day or so, as most masks that I know of do. It is an expensive product, but a little goes a long way. I'd most definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

I was so pleasantly surprised by how well this mask works! At first glance, it's kind of unappealing -- I was taken aback by the consistency, which is gritty and not mask-like at all. It didn't spread easily and looked like a greenish-brown, chunky scrub -- like tree bark and dirt on my face. At least it smells fresh and outdoorsy...I left it on for the suggested 20 minutes, rubbing it in circular motions (as suggested) before rinsing, and WOW -- I could tell a difference immediately. My skin looked brighter, smooth and radiant. I bought the full size (I had tried a sample), and it continues to produce the same results (I use it every few weeks). Nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Clairabell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As some other reviewers have noted - the "feelgood" factor may outweigh the results, but it does feel pretty good and I look forward to using it as a weekly facial treat.

I bought this mask in Sephora based on the rave reviews on this site. I wasn't expecting any earth shattering improvements in wrinkles etc - but I do find it calms redness, reduces pore size & gives me a subtle glow after using it. (While using it I look like some sort of "mud monster from the deep" lol)

The smell is quite herbal/muddy - which I find quite relaxing, but if you're more into fresh or floral scents it might not be for you.

I have the tube style packaging and definitely prefer that over a jar for hygiene and ease of application. With the tube you can neatly squeeze a little blob into your palm or onto your fingertips and then spread over your face without getting gritty bits under your fingernails. It's a pretty pricey product but a little bit goes a long way.

A wet face makes for easier application - seems to thin the base of the product out and allows coverage of your whole face with less product. Applying the mask thinly also makes it less messy to wash off at the end. You do need lots of warm water to get the last traces off and if you have white towels (like I do) beware. On a couple of occasions I've left dark green streaks behind after missing a few spots under my chin or getting a little bit into my hairline. It comes out fine in the wash - just a bit annoying if you've used a freshly washed towel.

Despite the price - I will probably repurchase when my current tube runs out.