Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have tried several shadow primers over the years. I typically get tinted ones as I have discolored lids, but Ulta was out of Smashbox 24 hour lid primer so I opted for this. The consistency isn't as thick as other primers, but that is really a matter of preference. I have also previously used UDPP in Eden while it had a good tint I found to drying. Smashbox but was also a bit drying but not as bad as UD. This is very smooth and soft, not at all drying. My eyeshadow holds up quite well with this and looks good even after 8 to 10 hours. Too Faced Shadow Insurance also seems to do better with shimmery shadows compared to other primers I have tried. This is available in a squeeze tube, which I prefer over doe foot applicators. Currently runs $20USD for .35oz which is about the same as UDPP. Smashbox lid primer, is $21 for .08oz which makes this a much better value. I prefer this over both UDPP and Smashbox, and will probably opt for the tinted version next time.

NOPE. I'd rather stick to Urban Decay's primer potion.

I bought a tube of this stuff from Sephora a long time ago and every time I reach for this product, the only thing that squirts out is oil. I guess the formula separated in the tube? My UDPP stays intact no matter what.

I used to lament the "fact" that I could never wear *any* eyeliner because it always ran, and I thought it was because I had funny eyes (by that I mean I have Asian eyes but with small folded lids), but NEVERMORE! I will never even consider wearing eyeliner without this baby anymore. A little goes a long way.

This is pretty good eye primer. I have no oily or dry problems on my eyes. Pros -Nice & easy to apply -Keeps shadow on all day -Shadows Blend well on top Cons -I don't like the packaging -Really thin consistency -Pretty expensive considering I have more affordable options that work just as well, if not better. I am not terribly impressed with this.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This did nothing for me. I received it as a sample with my chocolate bar palette and it didn't help my eyeshadow stay on at all. I prefer my Wet n Wild Fergie primer.

I got a deluxe sample of this in a favorites kits from Sephora. I find it has a weird texture to it - feels very slippery and kinda greasy. I didn't like it. It does an OK job in preventing creasing, but not as well as the UD primer potions. I don't have greasy lids either. Wouldn't be purchasing the full size.

This best for oily eyelids. It will make sure your eyeliner stays in place! I literally swear by this!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh. I got a sample of this when I purchased an eyeshadow pallet. I had ran out of my beloved Milani eyeshadow primer and gave Too Faced a shot. A let down. It caused my eyeshadow to crease. I won't purchased the full size. There are better drugstore alternatives.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite shadow primer. Keeps shadows on all day and does not crease. I used to use the Urban Decay primer but I tended to find that my shadows would end up looking muddled together after a few hours, with the Too Faced primer my shadow looks the same at the end of the day as it did when I put it on. Absolutely the best. If you don't want to shell out the money for this one though the Milani shadow primer is almost as good.

This is the 3rd time I am buying it. It is the only eyeshadow primer I've used, but I don't need to try another one because it does it job perfectly.