Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Me too red itchy breakouts whenever I use this oil. I just slathered pure slow all over my face followed by rosehip oil mixed with lavender essential oil to calm my skin down. I've become so sensitive to products as I get older. Here's a great article I found on the proper oils for face. Great webpage too. All natural organic oils for face. She teaches about the allergy scale for certain oils too. Argan didn't make the list. Enjoy her site. http://bodyunburdened.com/5-face-oils-for-naturally-clear-flawless-skin/

PRO:
Last Long
The more you use it, the less overwhelming the smell is

CON:
The smell is very similar to fried food to me... until I got use to it

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This argan oil is a bonafide ripoff. It's pure argan oil , which is available everywhere now. I recently purchased a 4 ounce bottle of pure argan oil on Amazon for $10, and yes, it comes in a dark bottle which doesn't allow light to penetrate. There is absolutely no reason to buy this expensive ($45) Josie Maran product. While it's true that not all argan oils are created equal, as long as you buy the cold pressed, organic pure oil, there's no difference between them and this Josie Maran oil. She may have created much of the argan oil buzz, but there's absolutely no benefit to this oil over other similar quality argan oils which are much more reasonably priced. I did buy this oil years ago and eventually used it up. When I thought about shelling out nearly $50 for another small bottle, it gave me the shivers. So I did some research and searched Amazon and found a great brand (Radha) and a 4 ounce bottle for about $10. It will take me a long time to use that much oil but because it's so reasonably priced, I will use a lot more of it. The Josie Maran oil is incredibly expensive so I was hell bent on conserving it so I didn't use a lot of it. However, now that I've found a comparable product and a large bottle, I will use it for everything. My main purpose with argan oil is to use it in my hair color mixture. I mix in two teaspoons and it leaves my hair soft and shiny and very conditioned. When the color chemicals penetrate the hair shaft, the oil goes in too. At no other time is this possible and it makes for excellent conditioning. I learned this trick from my stylist about a decade ago and have used it ever since. Argan is the perfect oil for this purpose. It isn't greasy and because it's a "dry" oil, it penetrates quickly without leaving any oily residue behind. Now that I have a large bottle on hand, I will use it on the ends of my hair before shampooing as well as adding it to my hair mask, which I use every two weeks. I will certainly find myriad uses for the large bottle and can't wait to use it as a body moisturizer. My skin is too sensitive to use it on my face but it will be great for moisturizing really dry areas such as my feet, knees and elbows. I will also use it on my hands at night. Now that I have no restrictions (price of course being the main one) I will use it for absolutely everything. Don't waste your money on this Josie Maran oil. There are far better choices out there for much less $$$. This Josie Maran oil is no different and I'm so glad I did some research and didn't buy another bottle for $45!!

After all the hype around this product, I decided to get a Josie Maran gift set before the holidays to try out a few of her products. Over all I am happy with the product. I use it on my arms and legs after I shower and shave. It really helps my skin retain moisture. It is a nice luxury item, I look forward to treating my skin with this.. leaves my skin feeling nice and soft for a very long time.

A con, for me, is that this is very greasy. I understand that this is an oil, but it doesn't soak in for awhile. I have to wash my hands after using this product, otherwise I am getting everything oily or things are slipping out of my hands.

JM's Argan Oil is a great product, but I don't feel it is as versatile as she claim's it is on QVC. I tried using a little on the ends of my hair but this just left my hair looking ridiculously greasy. I tried using different amounts and it was always greasy.. even after blowing out my hair. Also, I don't feel it is practical to use on your cuticles because of how greasy your hands are after. I would only use this on my cuticles if I was planning to sit around and do nothing for awhile to let it soak in.. and that doesn't happen very often.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Really loving this oil for dry patches on the sides of my face and as a finishing product for my hair. I am acne prone, and usually don't tolerate oils on my skin, but so far this one is not clogging me. I haven't tried it in my most acne prone areas, but plan to test drive it there as well.

I just use 1-2 drops for the sides of my face and around my eyes and it moisturizes quite well, but doesn't leave my face greasy. I use it over my antioxidant serum and hydrating gel, and all three products seem to play well together.

I use a couple of drops on my hair after blow drying and it smooths my hair and helps prevent frizzies.

It is pricey, but a little bit goes a long way. I'd definitely repurchase.

So argan oil had a huge hype for the longest time. I got Josie Maran's argan oil sample from Sephora to try it out. I loved the way it made my face feel in the morning. I swear, if I had a blemish and I put the oil on at night, the next day it was gone! However, I feel that I have used other 100% argan oil and it works just the same so why pay more for the name brand? I would purchase once to try it out but this would not be a repeat purchase

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS!
I mix a bit of it with my Nars moisturizer... I have rosacea and pale sensitive skin.. The combo is perfect for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have been using this oil every night. I layer it over my AHA serum at night and in the morning, my face feels wonderfully smooth and soft.

However, one week in, and I am now starting to get some itchy red patches on my face from this oil. Bummer! My sensitive skin doesn't seem to like argan oil in any form. I first tried Josie Maran's Argan Oil Light because I thought that would be better for my sensitive skin, but I was wrong. That clogged my skin up (no itchy reaction though like this one).

For anyone wondering, this original version is definitely oilier than the light version - the light version would soak in immediately, but this takes a little longer. After a minute or two though, my skin drinks it up. However, take note that I am on the drier side, so obviously YMMV.

So yep... argan oil is a no go for me. Back to the drawing board!

The dark glass bottle keeps it safer from breaking down from sunlight

The dropper is handy, never get too much out at once

I had a BAAAD break out on my smile lines when I started going back to the gym 2 weeks ago, used persagel to dry the crap out of it (my skin felt scaly and extremely flakey but it cleared up the acne, yay persagel!)

Used the argan oil 3 times a day, gently rubbed it into my dry spots and was snowboarding on those days too so extra dry air on my face (also applied it if I had to get up and tinkle in the night ;) )

Acne is still gone, and my skin has returned to pretty much normal within days. I feel like it's more of a spot treatment for super dry skin.

I use it every day/night under my eye cream and under eye concealer. I feel like it keeps my concealer from drying out.

Will repurchase :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This caused Acne. I ready SO many articles, blogs, etc. about how Argan oil can change your skin, change your life, clear your acne, etc. It took me a while to buy because I couldn't imagine putting oil on my face and having it cure acne, however I did use the cleansing oil previously which I liked. None the less, went and bought the cleansing oil and the argan oil from Josie Maran. Two days later, tiny white heads and a few deep cysts all over my face and fore head. I looked like a teenager again.
Stopped using and everything dried up immediately. I am a non believer. This stuff caused break out almost INSTANTLY.

Video Reviews & Tutorials