August 21, 2014 | 1108 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Just purchased this product the other day, as I was looking for a contour palette. It's odd how very few contour palettes are available. I purchased the one with all concealer, not the one with the green and purple hues. So far I am very pleased with the product. It covers extremely well, and you do not need to use a lot. My only worry is the packaging, and that the concealer may dry easily. Also, I do not believe these colors would work well with those that have a darker complexion, as all of them are extremely light except one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS STUFF. This is my HG makeup product. It is seriously magic. It covers anything and everything. I use this underneath my foundation, and when I am done my makeup, it looks absolutely flawless. I highly recommend this product for anyone who wants beautiful looking skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I bought this primarily because I've been meaning to try a cream contour product as opposed to a powder. My makeup artist used this on me for my wedding and I really liked how it looked, so:

I've only tried it once so far, and will update if my opinions change. I tried all the shades. The lilac shade is a very nice brightener, the green counteracts red well, the salmon colour covered my dark circles well, and the dark contour colour is nice. I didn't use much of the ivory shade as I didn't have much use for it, but it's a good flesh tone if I were to want more overall coverage.

I know a lot of people have complained about it not being creamy / not blending well...i'm not sure why as I haven't had either of those problems. And no, I didn't heat it up with a blow drier or anything else for that matter. I found they applied very nicely, were very creamy, and blended beautifully.

A little bit of product does go a long way. My only complaint is the contour colour. I have pretty pale skin and it doesn't show up very much on me, so I don't see it working as a contour for a lot of people. If you want a very subtle contour, you'll like it.

I'll probably repurchase as it photographed beautifully / I really like the green, lilac, and salmon, and the contour shade does give a nice natural / subtle chiselled effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Krissy0913

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a little intimidated by this product due to all the different shades. It covers my bluish/green veins under my eyes using the yellow beige. I also use the lavender corrector down the bridge of my nose and dark shade along the sides. There is so much you can do with this palette as far as contouring and highlighting goes. After applying the corrector I apply foundation over top and it looks flawless. It does not crease through out the day either. The only word of advice is blend, blend, blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by thereafter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

If I were on a deserted island and could only bring one piece of makeup with me, this would hands-down be the one I'd choose! I had bought my first Portfolio corrector when I was a complete newbie with makeup (it was in one of Michelle Phanís first tutorials) and I had since fallen in love. I think Iím on my second or third one now, despite daily use, and itís only because these things last for ever! Although fairly pricey (about $32CAD), the amount of product is definitely worth it.

I would *highly* recommend this for people with very dark circles, which I have, and trust me, Iíve tried them all (Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Mac, La Prairie, MUFE, etc.). What I do is I put the lavender colour under my eyes and form an inverted right-angle triangle, and then highlight my nose by putting a line straight down, and then some on my forehead. I then take the darkest colour and put it under my eyes as well, and when this blends with the lavender, it completely hides the darkness, no matter how puffy my eyebags might be that day. This was an absolute god-send during exam seasons! It also highlights seamlessly, just stipple or lightly apply your foundation/BB cream over it and voila! For special events I do the opposite and put the lavender over the foundation, and then powder it off.

I also use the green to combat the red on my chin and around the lower sides of my nose. The slightly thicker consistency is also great for fully covering those blemishes, and it doesnít budge throughout the day! I just put a little green first and then use one of the 3 skin shades on top.

Iíve heard some people say they find it drying. Since I have combination skin, I donít find it as too much of a problem. I would recommend putting some moisturizer under your eyes, and if you need something more, put a very light amount of primer. Then use your fingers to apply the concealer instead of a concealer brush to allow the product to warm up and itíll apply with more ease.

Sidenote: If the cover ever gets stuck, use some dishwashing gloves to twist it open (with the possible help of your dad/boyfriend)! This only ever happened to me twice, but I was very close to giving up and getting a new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by kittycat31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It took me a while to finally buy this product. I was worried it would not work for me because it seems complicated... After watching a few videos on youtube on how to apply it, I went to SDM and bought it. Wow! I should have bought it sooner! My skintone is NW13 and I can use all the colors! At $32 it is not expensive for 5 different colors! I do not recommend heating up the product, instead I use stiffer concealer brushes and it works very well. I apply all 5 colors (sometimes just 4 because I don't always use the darker shade for contour) and then I blend it with a flat top brush. On top I apply my foundation and my loose powder to seal it. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by carlyalicia

I really like this product. Great for covering up blemishes and imperfections and for contouring and highlighting.The product is super pigmented, a little bit goes a long way and it lasts most of the day. I find that the lid is annoying to screw on, and it's pricey, so that's why I only gave it 4 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

I like this product. Personally though, I rarely use it. I have it in the beige tones, and I was so excited because even after reading the reviews it sounded perfect for me. It's one of those concealers that you have to warm up with your fingers in order to apply, which I'm not really a fan of because I'd rather use brushes. I would never use it for undereyes because I feel like it would be too much pulling on the skin; it's more solid than the Mac Studio Finish concealer for example. Maybe in the summer time when it's a little more warm out and the product has a slightly creamier consistency I'll give it a go again.

**Once you get the product on, it is good at covering blemishes and things like that, and it IS a good concealer. I just use the Mac one instead because it's creamier. I'm also fair so I haven't really figured out what to do with the rest of the colors on wheel that are darker...maybe contouring, but again I'd rather use something a little creamier for things like that. I kind of wish I had bought the other shade instead, so that I could use the green and purple as correctors.........

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shygirl7

I love this set of concealers! The one that I don't use is the lilac, its used for highlighting, but when I want to do that, I just use the lightest shade for that. The green does cover my blemishes and redness, then I use the second lightest shade to make it look like my skin color. The greatest thing about this is its a palette that you can custom match your skin color! And its the only thing I've used that can really cancel out my green/bluish undereye veins. These concealers are thick and heavy, and they offer full coverage. They don't cake, crease or settle into fine lines, however if you don't blend well or use a bad setting powder it can cake, or crease very easily! I also find that since these are full coverage, the consistancy is so thick it can be hard to move around and blend, so be sure to warm the product with your finger. It goes from stiff to creamy. My preferred tool for blending this product is a damp BeautyBlender. It gets rid or the cake and the finish is beautiful and natural! Youre left with a beautiful complexion. The staying power is also great! Just set with powder and you're good for the whole day through night. I will always repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ChynellShade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The first time I have used this product, I didn't like it, but only because I was using the directions! This is definitely one of those products that you have to play around with. Now that I have, I love it! It conceals my bluish/green under eye veins. For this, I use the darkest color on the wheel because I'm not extremely fair.
I know what some of the other reviewers are talking about with the cakeyness but I use a beautyblender and it looks so natural! Also, be sure to moisturize and prime skin before applying. Oh, and heat the product up with a hair dryer or this will be really hard to work with! Seems like a lot of work, but totally worth it. When I don't want to wear foundation over this, I mix and blend a lighter color on the wheel with the darker color to get my perfect match. I set with powder and it really lasts me 12 hours (12 hours in the sun, super hot summer weather).
Overall, I would buy this again (got mine at Shopper's for $31 CAD), but I don't see myself ever running out!