Lise Watier Portfolio

3.9

Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Candelilla Cera (Cire de Candelilla/Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Cera Carnauba (Cire de Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina (Cire microcristalline/Microcrystalline Wax), Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. +/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet).

on 7/31/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have a weird relationship with this product. Half of it's awesome, and the other half is untouched by me. I have the compact with the purple/green correctors and three beige/brown shades. I want to go through them one by one as they really are 5 separate products in my eyes:

1. Green corrector - YES. This is the green corrector I have searched for. After trying the NYX version (too green, not great coverage) and a bevy of 'green' primers that did nothing (cough cough, Smashbox), this is the perfect pale shade of green for me and has full coverage on my red spots and acne scars. Obviously one is supposed to wear this UNDER foundation, as I can only assume you'd look pretty alien-like trying to layer it over anything.

2. Lilac highlighter - YES YES. Ohhhh this highlighter makes me happy. The only product in the history of the world that brightens my under eye circles and actually highlights/illuminates my super pale skin. I apply this in a triangle under my eyes up to my cheekbones, Kardashian-style, under my foundation. Blends super great. A must have for me.

3. Lightest beige 'concealer' - Sadly, no. I'm just too pale to use this as a concealer. It's too yellow-y for me to use as anything else (contouring, etc).

4. Medium-orange-y pigment - I think this is supposed to counteract blues/purples in the undereye. It does shit all for me and when used on my undereye under foundation makes me look even more sallow. I prefer using the lilac to boost my undereye shadows (which I realize doesn't really make sense in colour theory, but hey, it works for me).

5. Dark brown 'contour' pigment - Just no. If you're one of those lucky people with mid-toned olive skin, this would probably be awesome on you as a subtle contour. If you're as cool/porcelain as me this isn't gonna cut it. I feel like I want to give this another go as a nose-bridge/even eye crease contour, but when I initially tried it on the hollows of my cheeks it was NOT cute.

The quality of the purple and green correctors make this a must for me. I feel stupid wasting 3/5 colours, and wish you could buy the correctors separately to avoid this. However, I'm yet to find any other correctors that measure up to this, and am still on my first compact nearly 4 months after purchasing it (a little goes a long way!). I'm sure I'll buy another when I run out.

Overall: wish I could use all 5 pigments, the 2 I do use are beyond worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Reviews for this product are quite mixed so I was hesitant. Anyways, it has been 5 months of (almost) daily usage now.

1) It needs to be under foundation!
I have the Portfolio with the green and purple. The green hides red blemishes, the purple is like a highlighter (I use purple on T-zone). Using this, I cannot show my face to my roommate until I have foundation to cover it. I love that green, it's light and chalky (i.e. not creamy), but it applies smoothly. It hides blemishes very well. I tried putting green around my nose and cover with a stick concealer (too lazy for foundation), but the effects weren't so good. My concealer just mixed the green and it looks odd. Acceptable on me because I'm pretty "whatever." But foundation on top works better* (see #4)

2) Some are chalky, some are creamy
I find the light beige and the dark brown extremely creamy. So creamy it's like melted lip balm. It's weird... but it doesn't perform worse than the others. The others are all chalky texture, including the medium brown. I was afraid the medium brown will make my under-eye circles dry and gross, but even though it feels chalky it blends well on skin. With foundation on top, the Portfolio (surprisingly) doesn't make any areas look dry. If you're afraid about its chalkiness, apply sunscreen first THEN portfolio THEN foundation.

3) The dark brown is gross
Ew, what is it. Bronzer or contour? Because it's red/orange undertones, this brown looks like a fake tan and it looks so stupid as contour. I try using it as bronzer but I really don't like it. I am have light Chinese skin (C3 with Face & Body Foundation), this brown is not usable!

*4) okay it's not perfect
The green hides blemishes well. The dark brown is disgusting. The other colours work well as concealer. Makes my face perfect with foundation on top. It does! However..... my foundation is quite watery and I use the beautyblender. So my sponge tends to dab off the Portfolio's colours, especially the green. To keep the green from disappearing, I dab the light beige on top of the green. My sponge then goes over this with foundation, the green doesn't disappear, and the angels will sing.

The purple is "okay." I apply it on my nose and forehead. It lightly enhances my face without being noticeable, which is what I like anyways.

5) The value is worth it.
It's 4 stars because it's really cheap for this kind of product. And I have a lot left even after 5 months of (almost) daily usage (think of this like eyebrow powder, I use it every day but I don't use a lot). My room gets pretty warm, the two creamy colours are getting creamier as time passes.... But still usable.

I'm not 100% sure I will purchase again, but I definitely don't regret buying this Portfolio. I brought this with me on my 17-day vacation in Spain (I travelled alone!!) and it served me well. Particularly enjoyed that it's compact, has a lot of colours, easy to apply (with fingers), and lasts all day because I set it with powder (well, to be precise, I set my foundation with powder). I'm going to conclude that.... I am NOT in the search for a new concealer as of now because I have this (and so much left). By the time I run low, the chance of me trying a different concealer is 80%. I'm assuming that will be years from now, and something new and awesome will be in market :)

on 9/29/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I use it every day for concealing and contouring. It is also my " go to " for when I do wedding makeup. It is easier to apply warmed a bit between fingers .Covers anything.. also comes in a darker palette and color correction palette as well:)

on 8/18/2014 2:08:00 PM

Just purchased this product the other day, as I was looking for a contour palette. It's odd how very few contour palettes are available. I purchased the one with all concealer, not the one with the green and purple hues. So far I am very pleased with the product. It covers extremely well, and you do not need to use a lot. My only worry is the packaging, and that the concealer may dry easily. Also, I do not believe these colors would work well with those that have a darker complexion, as all of them are extremely light except one.

on 6/30/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE THIS STUFF. This is my HG makeup product. It is seriously magic. It covers anything and everything. I use this underneath my foundation, and when I am done my makeup, it looks absolutely flawless. I highly recommend this product for anyone who wants beautiful looking skin :)

I bought this primarily because I've been meaning to try a cream contour product as opposed to a powder. My makeup artist used this on me for my wedding and I really liked how it looked, so:

I've only tried it once so far, and will update if my opinions change. I tried all the shades. The lilac shade is a very nice brightener, the green counteracts red well, the salmon colour covered my dark circles well, and the dark contour colour is nice. I didn't use much of the ivory shade as I didn't have much use for it, but it's a good flesh tone if I were to want more overall coverage.

I know a lot of people have complained about it not being creamy / not blending well...i'm not sure why as I haven't had either of those problems. And no, I didn't heat it up with a blow drier or anything else for that matter. I found they applied very nicely, were very creamy, and blended beautifully.

A little bit of product does go a long way. My only complaint is the contour colour. I have pretty pale skin and it doesn't show up very much on me, so I don't see it working as a contour for a lot of people. If you want a very subtle contour, you'll like it.

I'll probably repurchase as it photographed beautifully / I really like the green, lilac, and salmon, and the contour shade does give a nice natural / subtle chiselled effect.

on 6/18/2014 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was a little intimidated by this product due to all the different shades. It covers my bluish/green veins under my eyes using the yellow beige. I also use the lavender corrector down the bridge of my nose and dark shade along the sides. There is so much you can do with this palette as far as contouring and highlighting goes. After applying the corrector I apply foundation over top and it looks flawless. It does not crease through out the day either. The only word of advice is blend, blend, blend.

on 5/29/2014 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

If I were on a deserted island and could only bring one piece of makeup with me, this would hands-down be the one I'd choose! I had bought my first Portfolio corrector when I was a complete newbie with makeup (it was in one of Michelle Phanís first tutorials) and I had since fallen in love. I think Iím on my second or third one now, despite daily use, and itís only because these things last for ever! Although fairly pricey (about $32CAD), the amount of product is definitely worth it.

I would *highly* recommend this for people with very dark circles, which I have, and trust me, Iíve tried them all (Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Mac, La Prairie, MUFE, etc.). What I do is I put the lavender colour under my eyes and form an inverted right-angle triangle, and then highlight my nose by putting a line straight down, and then some on my forehead. I then take the darkest colour and put it under my eyes as well, and when this blends with the lavender, it completely hides the darkness, no matter how puffy my eyebags might be that day. This was an absolute god-send during exam seasons! It also highlights seamlessly, just stipple or lightly apply your foundation/BB cream over it and voila! For special events I do the opposite and put the lavender over the foundation, and then powder it off.

I also use the green to combat the red on my chin and around the lower sides of my nose. The slightly thicker consistency is also great for fully covering those blemishes, and it doesnít budge throughout the day! I just put a little green first and then use one of the 3 skin shades on top.

Iíve heard some people say they find it drying. Since I have combination skin, I donít find it as too much of a problem. I would recommend putting some moisturizer under your eyes, and if you need something more, put a very light amount of primer. Then use your fingers to apply the concealer instead of a concealer brush to allow the product to warm up and itíll apply with more ease.

Sidenote: If the cover ever gets stuck, use some dishwashing gloves to twist it open (with the possible help of your dad/boyfriend)! This only ever happened to me twice, but I was very close to giving up and getting a new one.

on 4/19/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It took me a while to finally buy this product. I was worried it would not work for me because it seems complicated... After watching a few videos on youtube on how to apply it, I went to SDM and bought it. Wow! I should have bought it sooner! My skintone is NW13 and I can use all the colors! At $32 it is not expensive for 5 different colors! I do not recommend heating up the product, instead I use stiffer concealer brushes and it works very well. I apply all 5 colors (sometimes just 4 because I don't always use the darker shade for contour) and then I blend it with a flat top brush. On top I apply my foundation and my loose powder to seal it. I will definitely repurchase!

on 3/3/2014 3:52:00 PM

I really like this product. Great for covering up blemishes and imperfections and for contouring and highlighting.The product is super pigmented, a little bit goes a long way and it lasts most of the day. I find that the lid is annoying to screw on, and it's pricey, so that's why I only gave it 4 lippies.

Popular Primer/ Correctors