July 30, 2014 | 1834 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a toner after I wash off all my makeup, or a setting spray before I apply my makeup. It feels so soothing and refreshing, and the smell is amazing and relaxing. The best part is, it's all natural. It can be found at most health food stores such as Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. I picked mine up for about $7-$8. My bottle is more than half used up, and I can see myself repurchasing sometime in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by NSuojhayer

I have been using rose water as a facial toner for as long as I can remember! I purchase it in glass bottles (250mL) from mediterranean/arabic shops (there are so many in London, Ontario!) for around $2-3 a bottle. One bottle can last me about one to two months (longer in the winter).

It comes in a clear glass bottle so I have to empty it into an atomizer. I keep my rose water in the fridge so that it is nice and cool and refreshing. It's amazing to spray on during a hot or humid day when you need a little bit of a cooling sensation, and it doesn't budge my makeup! It's never made my mascara or eyeliner run and I SOAK my face with 10-15 good spritzes when it's really hot.

I have tried some brands of rose water that are specifically for use as a "toner" but they never really were the same quality as the rose water I purchase from these little shops here and there, plus they were usually coloured pink and had a fake smell to them. The rose water I buy is crystal clear and smells just like a fresh bed of roses (leaves me smelling like one too!) which is why I love using it over not-so-good smelling foundations.

Overall, rose water seems to be the best ultra-gentle facial toner and I think it's great for use on all skin types (my sister, my mom and I all use it and we all have different skin types). It has a beautiful scent, and it's very affordable! 5/5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the Heritage Rose Petals Rosewater, which comes in a 8 oz plastic spray bottle for about $7.00 dollars at many health food stores. Personally, I don't think rosewater, by itself, is astringent enough to be used as a toner. However, it's lovely to use after witch hazel as a sort or very light weight moisturizer. It's also good to lightly mist over makeup if it looks too powdery. I also like to use this as a natural room spray.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

Smells nice, refreshing if kept in the fridge.. but makes my face break out in small bumps all over, even where I normally do not get pimples. :( Have a Sudocrem mask on right now so my skin will calm the f*** down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by megumiforyou

Absolutely changed my skin! I have drier-normal skin, and very rosy, blotchy cheeks. Totally changed my routine to a gentle rose cream cleanser, this toner, and 100 % jojoba oil. Made a huge difference to go natural and gentle.

I buy this brand, but the Rosewater & Glycerin formula, because the Glycerin is a humectant and helps trap moisture in.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ziastarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

My holy grail toner. I have sensitive/combo skin, and I've tried many toners, Clinique, Seabreeze (yes, I'm afraid haha) witch hazel, etc. Directly after using most toners, my skin would feel dry tight, and would be an oil slick within the hour. Not cool. I heard rave reviews of rosewater and wasn't sure if it was hype, but got it off Amazon on a whim.

Rose water--where to begin. Okay, first, it smells amazing. Not a gross packaged-plastic-musty-doilies rose, but the smell of airy ~fresh~ roses. +1 points. Sprayed it on, and my skin felt fantastic, but a smidgen tight. So I heard of glycerin being good for drier skin types, and squeezed a smidgen in. All was good and fine, but I (stupidly) dumped in more glycerin in a 'more is better' mindset. Be careful with glycerin, it can be sticky when too much is added. However, rosewater+glycerin is seriously the best combo.

Rosewater (+a *little* glycerin) gives my skin this GLOW. Not as in oily, but a kind of luminescent dewy shimmer. I just got chills typing that as my skin in the past was the complete antithesis of dewiness. And also, I'm not as self-conscious about zits anymore. The rosewater is helping great for my skin, but when I do have an occasional breakout, it doesn't really matter as much to me because my skin looks so glowing and alive. It's been boosting my confidence incredibly, and I don't feel like I need to pile on tons of makeup whenever I go out. My T-zone is not greasy by the end of the day, and my cheeks are drinking up the glycerin moisturizing/protectant properties.

I bought Heritage brand, and it did everything it was supposed to, but I think I'll shop around Indian groceries or distill some myself next time. It wasn't expensive, maybe ~6.00, but I went through it pretty it pretty fast (4oz), and would like to have it more convieniently and economically on hand in the future.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought the heritage brand at local health food used after cleansing my face before moisturizer and wasn't impressed it didn't do much of anything for me. I get better results using a mix of water and Epsom salt. This smells nice and relaxing but not worth the purchase price better to invest in essential oil and make a nice body spray for years with a tiny bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Ccwhateva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought some of the heritage rose water from whole foods for about $3. It was totally worth the price considering ive never tried it before. The smell does seem a little "cheap" but the ingredients listed are literally 2 things: (in layman's terms) rose oil and water (that has been vortexed-whatever that means--I've added the picture) but it doesn't contain any extra ingredients or added perfumes. I have acne that's slowly clearing up and have been using this for only 4 days now. Any marks I've had have significantly lightened and nothing new has popped up whatsoever.im very impressed by something so cheap and simple! I don't see how it could even make your skin worse. I spray it on my face in the morning, lunch and before bed. Spraying each cheek with two pumps and the forehead with two pumps. Nothing to complain about yet! I like what it's doing! I really think it helps fade and reduce redness/inflammation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JessieAnneH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my favorite product. It soothes my skin while giving it a nice glow! It also helps with my skin when ever it gets irritated, dry, or even a blemish. When i am stressed, or tired through out the day i just mist it over my face, and i feel cooled and calm. It is good for refreshing, and hydrating the skin! I have oily based skin and it doesn't make it more oily.

Overall, i recommend this product. It is perfectly healthy for the skin, while being rejuvenating! Love it!

For over a year now i have been starting to use more healthy, non-fragrance, and non-toxic facial routine. And this mist is a big part of it.

Remember your skin soaks in 60% of what you put on it, make sure that ingredients are good for you!

I wish every one the best for their skin!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Calciium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm happy to say that my search for the perfect toner has finally come to an end.

I have quite oily skin, and this seems to help control it, but also adds moisture which is much needed! It smells lovely, it's very affordable, and can be used around the eye area without any issues.

One of the main reasons why I like it, is that it is technically a food item, so I feel fine rubbing it all over my face, especially in the eye area. In the morning if my eyes are very tired feeling I soak 2 cotton pads in rosewater and place them on top of my eyes for a few minutes. It's incredibly soothing, and seems to calm down any puffiness in that area.