February 27, 2015 | 1025 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2015 1:23:00 PM More reviews by MUAsAlbino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this to cleanse my face before using a real (soap) cleanser. I was using Grapeseed Oil for a long time but I prefer the mineral oil as it is thinner in consistency. I honestly believe that based off my experience, all oils are created equal when it comes to cleansing abilities. However, it is up to your skintype to determine which plays well with your face.

Some oils will break me out really horribly if left on my skin too long. Although I follow up with a soap cleanser, mineral oil hasn't made any negative impact on my acne. In fact, at night I like to leave a little bit on my eye area to protect against wrinkles. There has been no new millia since adding this to my routine, & whatever amount migrates to the rest of my face overnight hasn't caused any new pimples.

Definitely check the ingredients before purchasing. I chose this formulation because the ingredients were really simple & mild. The formulation with Vitamin e/Aloe Vera might work well for some, but I know my face would errupt like a volcano if I tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2015 11:48:00 PM More reviews by MsMolko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A period of unemployment this year meant it was belt tightening time product-wise. I found myself returning to this ...the old "apply to damp skin and pat with a towel" routine. Well, I'm back in the land of the employed but I'm still using this as a body moisturiser because, Lubriderm (which you can't buy in the UK) aside, nothing else does the job so well plus your skin feels moisturised until the next time you have a shower. It's great, it's cheap, it works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2015 10:46:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I used this a lot as a body moisturizer in the winter and it works quite well. I am pleased with the results of this, although I am not a fan of mineral oil it works just fine on the body. I like how this is simple and only has two ingredients without a bunch of extra crap. I would not repurchase because I have since found other excellent products that do not contain mineral oil but it was good while it lasted.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2015 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AutumnGMurray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to take off my mascara and keep my lashes soft without any residue. I seem to have a hard time getting my mascara off when washing my face in and out of the shower. All my makeup will come off, except my mascara. My lashes will still feel slightly stiff and I can feel the product clinging for its life. It's so frustrating! I have the same problem when I don't take a shower and just wash my face at night. I apply my mascara the next morning and my lashes start clumping from the leftover residue! It ruins the whole look of my makeup and it looks horrible! I've used expensive products that claim to take waterproof mascara off but nothing ever worked. My friend recommended baby oil and it was a life saver! I use an old mascara wand that I saved, an old travel size lotion bottle and fill the bottle with baby oil. Then I dip the wand in and coat my lashes with it. This helps get all my mascara off in the shower better than anything I've ever use and doesn't irritate my eyes. It's so cheap and easy to find. No more clumpy lashes! I will never spend my money on expensive makeup removers again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2015 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use as a moisturizer -- WORST mistake ever! After using this for about a week, it broke me out in hives, which when healed, left me with eczema all over my legs! Just horrible! If you have sensitive skin (like I do), I wouldn't even recommend trying it because you might be allergic to it like I am.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2015 8:47:00 PM More reviews by deniserocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this as an eye makeup remover (which it worked well for) because it is cheap and works. I assumed it was healthy and natural because it was for babies, and then I found out mineral oil is a PETROLEUM byproduct! So it's like leftover when they make gasoline and stuff. EW! Never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2015 12:41:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Review is for mineral oil unscented not J&J one. It's fine for a pinch. It's included in most high end cleansers, and I understand why, but it just doesn't work as well as olive, coconut or even avocado oil, for me, to break down m.u (esp mascara). It's okay. I wouldn't exactly discourage anyone from using it, but for everything people have mentioned here, I found that other oils do a better job. For hands, olive oil + Vaseline or plain vaseline, on damp skin, works better than the liquid baby oil.

Still good to have, and good for any budget. Good for highly sensitive skin. Might keep as only a sealant or occasional use, not daily.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2015 1:34:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

This was a staple in my Mom's dresser while I was growing up. Then again, raising 4 children would most probably warrant its place. :)
I remember using this to clean my belly button (I soak a cotton bud in it. TMI, sorry!) & maybe to tame minor flyaways as a kid, but aside from that, I really have no use for it. I do occasionally see a small bottle on my older sister's dresser & I've to admit I sniff it every once in a while because the scent reminds me of my childhood.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

So far it is the best makeup remover I have found. However, I do find that the store brands do not work as well for me but since it is not expensive and last forever I just buy the name brand.
I use this on a regular cotton ball. I just pull it apart a little to losen it then pour some oil on the cotton ball to moisten it and then place on my eyes for about 2-3 seconds and start wiping, that's it. It removes ALL my eye makeup including waterproof extremely easy. It never irritates my eyes and I never have to scrub them. I barely glide it over my lashes and under my eyes and I am done.
Occasionally I will pour some in my hand and rub all over my face to break down my makeup if I wore heavy makeup or a full face of makeup that day. Then I will tissue off and wash my face as usual.
Or if I am not getting ready for bed just yet and just want to remove my makeup at the end of the day I will do the above and tissue off from my whole face until nothing comes off and not wash with cleanser until bedtime. (I do not do this often as I do have oily skin and it produces even more oil when ever I moisturize too much)
Leaves my face super soft and I love the smell.
I also use this to shave with but be very careful as it can make the shower very slippery.
I keep a small travel sized bottle in my shower and pour just a small amount and rub it onto my legs and shave. It helps get a really close shave and makes my skin extremely soft and smooth better than any other product I have used to shave with.
I will sometimes add to my skin while still damp from my shower by pouring a small amount in my hand and quickly rubbing it onto my whole body. It actually absorbs pretty quickly which is shocking. Then I towel dry my body immediately and remove whatever excess is left. It moisturizes very well, not greasy at all and keeps my skin supple and smelling lovely.
This works so well I will NEVER purchase another makeup remover or cold cream again.
Also I use regular cotton balls instead of the pads because I get a ton for about a buck and they work just as well. I just loosen them up a bit to cover my whole eye and it's perfect. No need to spend a little more on cotton rounds especially when you get so much less.

UPDATE
I now only use this for shaving sometimes as moisturizer and still use as makeup remover only for very stubburn mascara etc. otherwise I use Noxzema to cleanse my whole face. See my review for Noxzema for my routine using that product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Exhaustibility

Overall great product, applied after shower and made my skin super smooth and soft:)