Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 6/28/2015 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely HG product for me, my mum told me a long time ago, to remove waterproof mascara using this, after that I've never looked back. It removes everything from foundation, brow, even long lasting lipstick! It's also really cheap, I will run to buy this if I run out Johnson's Baby Oil.

I've never got acne using this, a long time ago I put this a lot as moisturiser in my face, when I woke up I didn't saw any acne, it worked well even though I have normal rather oily skin and I live in hot country. I freaked out because all mineral oil story in internet (even I get positive result) and didn't used it again as moisturiser. But recently, out of nowhere, my skin was really dry and flaky, I really surprised because I rarely have dry cheeks, because of emergency I use baby oil to moisturised my dry cheeks and slowly in three days, my dry cheeks and redness disappeared, there's still a little bit dryness that will completely vanished.

I checked beautypedia and it turned out okay to use baby oil in your skin unless you have allergy.

I will continue to use this, it's the most effective and cheapest makeup remover out there. I try baby lotion because of some review in MUA, but I don't feel really clean unless I use this baby oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

In my teens, and twenties, used Johnson Baby Oil as an eye makeup remover, but stopped because it suddenly irritated my eyes. Fast forward many years later, and this oil is now part of my winter skin care. Good stuff.

During the winter, my skin always needs an extra boost of hydration. A couple of times a week, I applied a thin layer to my face before heading to bed. It didn't feel heavy and thick on my skin, nor make my skin itch. Another pro is it has a pleasant scent. In the morning, my skin felt so smooth, soft and hydrated.

If I need an emergency treatment for dry skin during other seasons, glad I have this on standby.

on 5/17/2015 6:19:00 PM

I never used it on my son and I don't think I will. There are much better kids products/baby oils. But I did used it on myself in the past - my skin tolerates paraffinum liquidum ok, but if I can avoid it, I do.
This is a really effective make up remover, it will remove everything fast. I would wash my face afterwards though. As far as moisturiser goes - if I was to use it daily, it would actually dry my skin out. This is what happens to me. I can use it every so often, but not as a part of a daily routine (the smell is amazing). But to be honest, I don't buy it anymore.

on 5/17/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using this to remove eye makeup. It removes literally everything, even tough waterproof mascara. The smell is nostalgic of my childhood days and I love how it moisturizes while it takes off my makeup. I also like how the baby oil dispenses because it really controls how much you use. I also sometimes use this as a night moisturizer because of how soft and gentle it is. This is a very affordable and versatile product.

on 4/14/2015 4:54:00 PM

I actually get the generic of the Johnson & Johnson baby oil, but same thing. I know a lot of people like this for a moisturizer, but I love using this to take off my makeup. I don't feel worried putting this one my eyes, as opposed to the extremely drying makeup removing wipes that I used to use. Every time I used makeup wipes my skin felt so dried out. The baby oil effectively removes powders, concealers, and primers in one go. I just use a cotton ball and light rub it around to pick up all my excess makeup.
I wash my face after and voila, makeup gone with zero irritation. Love my mom for showing me this.

on 4/13/2015 2:27:00 PM

Love this stuff!

Some people use it as a moisturizer instead of lotion, I don't BUT if do sometimes mix some in to my body lotion to get that extra boost. :) I find that works best at night time under PJs so it soaks in overnight and you wake up smooth.

Great after the shower or in bath water. Good for shaving, but it clogs razors up super fast so be aware of that.

Also, apparently this is a staple product with a lot of strippers to give them silky smooth skin. The more you know!

on 4/3/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

If you want to save money or even space you definitely need to try this. This thing has so many uses! One of it it's as make-up remover. I massage this into my lashes and face and wipe with a cotton ball. Then I rinse my face with just water. Usually when I rinse my face I feel the need to apply a moisturizer immediately but not with baby oil, it leaves my skin nice and soft so I will only apply moisturizer at night and before putting on make-up not immediately after I remove my makeup.
Another use is as body lotion. I don't usually use body lotion because after a shower I like to feel clean and not put any potentially sticky gunk on my skin . But a tiny amount of this spreads nicely and just as it claims it locks the moisture.
Yet one more thing I use this for is my hair. Yes you heard me right my hair. I am actively growing my hair to waist (or hips) and I keep it braided or in a bun 90 % of the time. I use a tiny amount of this to soften my ends so they won't tangle and break when I brush it.
You could also use this as cuticle oil. Or shaving cream. Or personal lubricant (but not internally if you know what I mean).

I like being a minimalist about skin care and splurge on lots of make-up! Let's be honest all makeup removers and moisturizers pretty much work the same no matter the price. (in case you don't have particular problems like acne with your skin )

on 3/31/2015 10:53:00 AM

One of the best facial oils I use to cleanse my face from dirt and makeup. Removes anything. I buy a big 500 ml tube of unscented baby oil for 2 dollars!! Since I'm in college I can't invest in anything really expensive so this is a godsend for me.

Usage:I wet my hands with water and damp my face just enough to not make my face runny. I wipe my hands dry quick and eyeball the amount of oil I find sufficient and apply it to my face and start my facial massage. After I'm done I wet a baby paper towel and GENTLY wipe off the mineral oil. After everything is wiped off I use my other foam cleanser to cleanse my face one more time.

Pro:

*Cheap
*Effective at removing dirt and makeup
*Doesn't clog pores

Cons:

*The packaging (bottle?) you buy this in doesn't usually have pumps. You will have to find a way to solve this yourself if you want to use this on your face.

on 2/24/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I use this or jojoba oil to cleanse my face before using a real (soap) cleanser. Mineral oil is much cheaper than jojoba. I was using Grapeseed Oil for a long time but I prefer the mineral oil as it is thinner in consistency. I honestly believe that based off my experience, all oils are created equal when it comes to cleansing abilities. However, it is up to your skintype to determine which plays well with your face.

I personally can only leave jojoba oil on my skin without it breaking out. I love mineral oil, and the break out wouldnt be as bad as if i left coconut oil on, but it's just not worth the risk. I left some on my eye area for a few nights and got a stye + 3 pimples on my upper cheeks. Thus, this is strictly a cheap MU remover & nothing more.

Definitely check the ingredients before purchasing. I chose this formulation because the ingredients were really simple & mild. The formulation with Vitamin e/Aloe Vera might work well for some, but I know my face would errupt like a volcano if I tried it.

on 2/2/2015 11:48:00 PM

A period of unemployment this year meant it was belt tightening time product-wise. I found myself returning to this ...the old "apply to damp skin and pat with a towel" routine. Well, I'm back in the land of the employed but I'm still using this as a body moisturiser because, Lubriderm (which you can't buy in the UK) aside, nothing else does the job so well plus your skin feels moisturised until the next time you have a shower. It's great, it's cheap, it works.

Popular Body Skincare Products