Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 8/27/2015 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

In an attempt to save money on expensive eye makeup remover, I did some research and discovered that many people use this as an affordable and effective makeup remover. Unfortunately, this did not work for me. Firstly, it is extremely greasy; not oily, but GREASY. It made an absolute mess and was very unpleasant to work with in terms of removing mascara from my eye area. While it did remove the mascara with some effort, I found this a lot less effective than the gel-based eye makeup removers I typically use. I really had to work this in to get the mascara to come off and I don't even wear waterproof mascara! The smell was also a bit overwhelming as it is highly fragranced with some unidentified baby type scent. Lastly, on top of this being extremely gross in texture, it made me eyes feel very irritated and slightly swollen for the remainder of the evening before I went to bed.

I was really hoping to save some money using this product, but I think it's awful as a makeup remover and would not recommend it for that purpose.

on 7/30/2015 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This is the only thing I will use to remove makeup. I find that most actual makeup removers are harsh, drying and hurt my eyes but not baby oil. Super easy to use and it doesn't break me out. I buy a big container for very cheap and it lasts for ages. HG product.

on 7/30/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this oil after shaving my legs. It keeps them moisturized due to the water proof feature oil has. Also prevents my leg skin from scaling off and makes them shine beautifully. I use the bedtime oil - cute and calming scent as well!

on 7/24/2015 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was using this on my face for oil cleansing method and then double cleansing with Cerave foaming cleanser. Baby oil is very effective at removing makeup (including waterproof mascara); however, it caused me to break out.

The Skincare Addiction subreddit recommended using Snow River mineral oil from Bed Bath and Beyond as an alternative, because it's pure mineral oil. (It costed $5.99 and is next to the cutting boards.) I am still using it to shave and hydrate my legs afterwards, so it's not a total loss. The packaging is really great and controls how much product is dispensed.

on 7/20/2015 10:17:00 PM

I use this to remove my eye makeup. It's super gentle on my eyes. Although getting a lot of oil directly on contacts is a bad idea. I ruined a few pairs by doing this. It removes waterproof mascara very well. Which is a difficult task removing. I love the one with vitamin E in it, I think it has improved my lashes, and helped grow them back after I lost a lot of them from a certain mascara. Of course it's greasy, but not that much if you use a little on the skin. But I'd recommend washing your face after using it around the eyes. Which even after washing my face, my lashes are still super soft from it. It works just as well as a makeup remover. Not sure if it works better than a makeup remover. But I'd rather pay the low price of a giant bottle of this product than double the price for a tiny 1-2 ounch bottle of over priced makeup remover.

on 6/28/2015 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely HG product for me, my mum told me a long time ago, to remove waterproof mascara using this, after that I've never looked back. It removes everything from foundation, brow, even long lasting lipstick! It's also really cheap, I will run to buy this if I run out Johnson's Baby Oil.

I've never got acne using this, a long time ago I put this a lot as moisturiser in my face, when I woke up I didn't saw any acne, it worked well even though I have normal rather oily skin and I live in hot country. I freaked out because all mineral oil story in internet (even I get positive result) and didn't used it again as moisturiser. But recently, out of nowhere, my skin was really dry and flaky, I really surprised because I rarely have dry cheeks, because of emergency I use baby oil to moisturised my dry cheeks and slowly in three days, my dry cheeks and redness disappeared, there's still a little bit dryness that will completely vanished.

I checked beautypedia and it turned out okay to use baby oil in your skin unless you have allergy.

I will continue to use this, it's the most effective and cheapest makeup remover out there. I try baby lotion because of some review in MUA, but I don't feel really clean unless I use this baby oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

In my teens, and twenties, used Johnson Baby Oil as an eye makeup remover, but stopped because it suddenly irritated my eyes. Fast forward many years later, and this oil is now part of my winter skin care. Good stuff.

During the winter, my skin always needs an extra boost of hydration. A couple of times a week, I applied a thin layer to my face before heading to bed. It didn't feel heavy and thick on my skin, nor make my skin itch. Another pro is it has a pleasant scent. In the morning, my skin felt so smooth, soft and hydrated.

If I need an emergency treatment for dry skin during other seasons, glad I have this on standby.

on 5/17/2015 6:19:00 PM

I never used it on my son and I don't think I will. There are much better kids products/baby oils. But I did used it on myself in the past - my skin tolerates paraffinum liquidum ok, but if I can avoid it, I do.
This is a really effective make up remover, it will remove everything fast. I would wash my face afterwards though. As far as moisturiser goes - if I was to use it daily, it would actually dry my skin out. This is what happens to me. I can use it every so often, but not as a part of a daily routine (the smell is amazing). But to be honest, I don't buy it anymore.

on 5/17/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using this to remove eye makeup. It removes literally everything, even tough waterproof mascara. The smell is nostalgic of my childhood days and I love how it moisturizes while it takes off my makeup. I also like how the baby oil dispenses because it really controls how much you use. I also sometimes use this as a night moisturizer because of how soft and gentle it is. This is a very affordable and versatile product.

on 4/14/2015 4:54:00 PM

I actually get the generic of the Johnson & Johnson baby oil, but same thing. I know a lot of people like this for a moisturizer, but I love using this to take off my makeup. I don't feel worried putting this one my eyes, as opposed to the extremely drying makeup removing wipes that I used to use. Every time I used makeup wipes my skin felt so dried out. The baby oil effectively removes powders, concealers, and primers in one go. I just use a cotton ball and light rub it around to pick up all my excess makeup.
I wash my face after and voila, makeup gone with zero irritation. Love my mom for showing me this.

Popular Body Skincare Products