Urban Decay Toasted

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77400 (Bronze Powder), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)

Ok. So at first I was not charmed by this shade. I received it in a palette that was really uncoordinated. None of the colors suited each other and I was trying to make them work together. Discouraged, I put the palette and the color on hold for a long time.

Inspired by a fall makeup look tutorial - I came back to the palette and tried Toasted all over the lid one day and fell in love. I don't see this color as simply coppery bronze. It's like this magical morphing shade. As reviewer Thaxter said perfectly down below it's "a wonderful mix of mink brown, dusky lavender, and a hint of dark gold". This shadow is so flattering on my hazel eyes and olive skin. I could see it being flattering on all skin tones.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Urban Decay "Toasted" eye shadow is the perfect eye contour/liner for this 50+ hazel-eyed gal. I have neutral fair skin and brown hair (pro-colored). Doing "50+" skin is quite a challenge when one has had everything fit for so many years. I believe that quality products (doesn't have to be expensive) are key to my recent successes.

I don't use dark colors on my eyes anymore, nor do I use mascara on the lower lashes. I do use more "product," possibly, than in my youth--but my husband swears it looks like less. Natural color on the eyes; inner eye and brow highlighter; skin-tone water line; lighter liners and less of them on eyelid and partial under eye.

Toasted is an easy go-to for anytime of day or night; wears well over an eye primer; and seems the perfect color for my hazel eyes. And I don't look like an old raccoon!

*Note: Urban Decay "Toasted" is also a great option for my 20-year-old daughter, who changes up her makeup daily but seems to go back to "Toasted" again and again. She is a gorgeous, dark-eyed and deeper skinned Asian.

Neither of us can find fault with it. ("Toasted" cannot possibly be this good on EVERYBODY, can it?)

I can not believe I haven't reviewed this shade. I was building a UD quad and looking for a neutral shade for the quad...an easy wash for the lid to go with my fall looks. Somewhere along the way, this caught my attention either from here, a friend or the Sephora staff. I tried it and at first swatch wasn't that impressed but I am pretty sure the source encouraging me was very adamant about the awesomeness of this shade. So I grabbed it, not believing this "universally flattering" thing, but having faith in my source. How could THIS coppery bronze shade be any different than all the other uber popular but epic fails from the past? Once I wore this with my fall look (NAR Sin blush, UD Rapture, NYX LaLa or a deep berry lippie) I was sold. I couldn't even put my finger on the coloring after getting it on, I just knew that my whole makeup look was just pulled together with a gorgeous little bow called Toasted. Now it is my no brainer eye shadow. It just always works. I think for me the difference in this shimmery antique copper penny type of shade is that this one almost has a pink undertone rather than the dreaded orange undertone. I think this is what makes this shade so universal and legendary. If there is one non matte eye shadow I would recommend to anyone it would be Toasted.

I am nw20, deep winter, almost black hair, brown eyes.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Yes yes yessss. Such a gorgeous and amazing eyeshadow. I have this in my Naked 1 and hit pan long ago. I may repurchase if it finished, maybe not since i have a boatload of eyeshadow already. But it's a great product, and UD shadows are the most longwearing and blendable your money can buy. recommended.

I've had the Naked palette for over 2 year now and most of the colors have been left untouched. I tend to stick to the first 7 and leave the last 4 alone. However, today I was not feeling my eye look using Virgin, Sin, Naked and Halfbaked. It just seemed too much. And then I was debating why I really got the palette as I don't use four of them. Then I decided to swipe a finger threw Toasted and it was like, Woah.

On me this shade becomes a reddish, purple brown. It glows in the light. So, I wiped off my eyes with some of my HG eye make up remover: Vaseline, and dusted this beauty on. It made my look a little edgier then I need to run to Tjmaxx and CVS but I love it! I lined my lower lash line with some byTerry Ombre Black Star in Brown Perfection, smudged it out with a pointed brush that had some of CT Norma Jean still on it, and Wow. New look for me.

I experienced no fallout or anything bad at all. I usually don't use powder, this is why I've had this sitting around for two years, but this is really great stuff. Will buy the single when I use it up in the palette.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

When I told the sales clerk at Sephora that I wanted something new in an eyeshadow from Urban Decay, but not a brown or a neutral, I was dismayed when she immediately chose Toasted, as it looked like any other neutral brown. But on my lids, it morphed into a wonderful mix of mink brown, dusky lavender, and a hint of dark gold. There is something magical about this shade and I would always hope to have it in my line up. It's a great everyday shade, but also a no-brainer for special occasions, as it just always looks right.

If you love Toasted but are on a budget, NYX Baked Eyeshadow in Vesper is a very close color. The formula is not as smooth and saturated as UD, but it's a good everyday substitute if you tap out the excess and apply over primer.

This is a nice eyeshadow but I'm not seeing what all the hype is about. Have bought similar color from CoverGirl that didnt fall as I applied it.

A versatile shade, can be used for night or day, when it's less or more built up. Goes with my skin tone so well. Love the shade, the texture (powder) everything about it. If you wear a primer it'll last all day with barely any fading.

Toasted has become a staple in my make-up bag. It's a wonderful and versatile light brown shade I use as a wash all over or in the crease.

I did not buy the whole Naked palette, but Toasted seemed like an outstanding color from all 12 eyeshadows in it.

It is a nice muted copper color with slight dusted pink hue through it. They also call it a "copper penny" color. It has no glitter in it, but is a warm shimmery color. Absolutely lovely.

I love using it on its own or in my crease to blend deeper brown eyeshadows for a very smoky look. You can't go wrong with Toasted, it looks equally lovely on different skin tones.

If you want to see it in action, when applied - there is a blog post on it below. Hope it helps.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products