Urban Decay Toasted

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77400 (Bronze Powder), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)

on 3/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

When I told the sales clerk at Sephora that I wanted something new in an eyeshadow from Urban Decay, but not a brown or a neutral, I was dismayed when she immediately chose Toasted, as it looked like any other neutral brown. But on my lids, it morphed into a wonderful mix of mink brown, dusky lavender, and a hint of dark gold. There is something magical about this shade and I would always hope to have it in my line up. It's a great everyday shade, but also a no-brainer for special occasions, as it just always looks right.

If you love Toasted but are on a budget, NYX Baked Eyeshadow in Vesper is a very close color. The formula is not as smooth and saturated as UD, but it's a good everyday workhouse if you make sure to tap out the excess and apply over primer.

on 3/9/2015 1:55:00 PM

This is a nice eyeshadow but I'm not seeing what all the hype is about. Have bought similar color from CoverGirl that didnt fall as I applied it.

on 2/4/2015 6:14:00 PM

A versatile shade, can be used for night or day, when it's less or more built up. Goes with my skin tone so well. Love the shade, the texture (powder) everything about it. If you wear a primer it'll last all day with barely any fading.

on 2/4/2015 11:45:00 AM

Toasted has become a staple in my make-up bag. It's a wonderful and versatile light brown shade I use as a wash all over or in the crease.

on 2/4/2015 10:34:00 AM

I did not buy the whole Naked palette, but Toasted seemed like an outstanding color from all 12 eyeshadows in it.

It is a nice muted copper color with slight dusted pink hue through it. They also call it a "copper penny" color. It has no glitter in it, but is a warm shimmery color. Absolutely lovely.

I love using it on its own or in my crease to blend deeper brown eyeshadows for a very smoky look. You can't go wrong with Toasted, it looks equally lovely on different skin tones.

If you want to see it in action, when applied - there is a blog post on it below. Hope it helps.

on 1/20/2015 1:41:00 PM

Love this color from the original naked palette. I think is the ideal fall/ winter color for the eyes. Like others have mentioned it is a hard color to describe. It's sort of a coppery mauve shimmer color. I love it all over the lid, orb in the crease and copperplate to deepen the outer corner or loreal hip playful the darker color. My favorite of the moment.

on 12/17/2014 3:13:00 PM

Great shadow - color is hard to describe - brownish coppery nude with a slight tinge of purple. It looks better on than in the pan.

on 11/10/2014 8:52:00 PM

This review is way overdue but i'm happy to share. Toasted was my very first Urban Decay purchase in a foray to update a tired makeup look (and a tired soul as well) and also my fabulous coworker gave me a jiffy office makeover using the Naked palette.
Long story short i bolted to Sephora and nabbed Toasted. i don't think i've ever loved a shadow like i do this one.
Highly pigmented, lasts a very long time, very minimal fallout.
i have large chestnut brown eyes w lots of lid real estate to work with, hilited brown/blonde hair, olive skin color; i feel like this color was made for **me** only. Yay this is what makeup is all about! Love

on 11/1/2014 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Toasted has well earned it's great reputation. It's just purple enough to be interesting while also retaining a brownish base for a natural finish. The iridescence also has a really lovely effect on the eyes. I find the color unique among the many I considered before purchasing Toasted. My favorite color combinations right now include MAC Bare Study and Naked Lunch on lid, Makeup Geek Unexpected in outer corner and through crease, and Toasted to deepen the crease. I find I keep reaching for this one lately even over old favorites for crease colors.

Pros:
* very creamy
* pigmented
* silky application
* very blendable
* long-lasting
* complementary for hazel eyes
* fits well in many palettes (I depotted the pan)

Cons:
* original package is bulky
* ridiculous amount of effort needed to depot

on 9/12/2014 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow! This eyeshadow has great reviews for a reason.
On *me* - and I didn't expect it to look this way - it *kind of* looks like UD Chopper without all the glitter and not as metallic. It's a coppery, rosy brown sort of shade with a hint of purple (it doesn't necessarily look purple, but the rosiness has a purple hint... hard to explain). It is quite warm, and the warmth plus the slight rosy purpleyness is great for brown eyes. I never thought I'd like a coppery, rosy color like this, but it really is unique and pretty.
It's shimmery, but not too much for day time. I was nervous that this was going to be a nasty frosty finish (some swatches can make it look like that) but it's not. It's gorg.

Also, I once read this is a dupe for Nutty by Wet and Wild. Not a dupe at all. They have similar finishes, I guess though. I regularly use both and Toasted is significantly rosier, warmer and just a touch lighter whereas Nutty is more purpley, brown and taupe.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products