January 31, 2015 | 971 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Toasted

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2015 1:41:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this color from the original naked palette. I think is the ideal fall/ winter color for the eyes. Like others have mentioned it is a hard color to describe. It's sort of a coppery mauve shimmer color. I love it all over the lid, orb in the crease and copperplate to deepen the outer corner or loreal hip playful the darker color. My favorite of the moment.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 1:29:00 PM More reviews by AlexGBeauty

Such a beautiful color!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by gorkt

Great shadow - color is hard to describe - brownish coppery nude with a slight tinge of purple. It looks better on than in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by LEBrewer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is way overdue but i'm happy to share. Toasted was my very first Urban Decay purchase in a foray to update a tired makeup look (and a tired soul as well) and also my fabulous coworker gave me a jiffy office makeover using the Naked palette.
Long story short i bolted to Sephora and nabbed Toasted. i don't think i've ever loved a shadow like i do this one.
Highly pigmented, lasts a very long time, very minimal fallout.
i have large chestnut brown eyes w lots of lid real estate to work with, hilited brown/blonde hair, olive skin color; i feel like this color was made for **me** only. Yay this is what makeup is all about! Love

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Toasted has well earned it's great reputation. It's just purple enough to be interesting while also retaining a brownish base for a natural finish. The iridescence also has a really lovely effect on the eyes. I find the color unique among the many I considered before purchasing Toasted. My favorite color combinations right now include MAC Bare Study and Naked Lunch on lid, Makeup Geek Unexpected in outer corner and through crease, and Toasted to deepen the crease. I find I keep reaching for this one lately even over old favorites for crease colors.

Pros:
* very creamy
* pigmented
* silky application
* very blendable
* long-lasting
* complementary for hazel eyes
* fits well in many palettes (I depotted the pan)

Cons:
* original package is bulky
* ridiculous amount of effort needed to depot

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by pink3rbellx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! This eyeshadow has great reviews for a reason.
On *me* - and I didn't expect it to look this way - it *kind of* looks like UD Chopper without all the glitter and not as metallic. It's a coppery, rosy brown sort of shade with a hint of purple (it doesn't necessarily look purple, but the rosiness has a purple hint... hard to explain). It is quite warm, and the warmth plus the slight rosy purpleyness is great for brown eyes. I never thought I'd like a coppery, rosy color like this, but it really is unique and pretty.
It's shimmery, but not too much for day time. I was nervous that this was going to be a nasty frosty finish (some swatches can make it look like that) but it's not. It's gorg.

Also, I once read this is a dupe for Nutty by Wet and Wild. Not a dupe at all. They have similar finishes, I guess though. I regularly use both and Toasted is significantly rosier, warmer and just a touch lighter whereas Nutty is more purpley, brown and taupe.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Please don't collectively throw your beloved UD "Toasted" at me in blind fury - but here comes a lonely voice of dissent.

Toasted doesn't work for me ( green/blue eues, medium complexion, gold medium brown hair). At all.

I have tried this eyeshadow in the summer with a tan, I've tried it in the depth of winter with pale skin and anytime in between. I've tried it with different brushes, in the crease and on the lid. I've tried applying it with different brushes. The result was always the same = a VERY shimmery ( albeit not sparkly) peachy/bronzey colour which does absolutely nothing for my eyes. Or face.

I fully concur that the texture is gorgeous, that there is no fallout, that it wears beautifully throughout the day. But that level of shimmer/frost and this particular colour just aren't flattering or enhancing on me.

The ONLY way that I can make at least some use of it, is to use it as a highlighter above the iris, pairing it with either UD's Naked or Buck or MAC's Cork. But other than that it's an abyssmal fail for me. I'm rather bummed and stunned about it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of 3 Holy grail eyeshadows <3

PROS:

1. texture is lovely:
crazy pigmented, super blendable, no fallout, glowy with shimmer but never frosty or glitter-y

2. versatility:
great shadow to pat on the lid, smudge under the eyes and blend into the crease=beautiful rosy smokeyness
or smudge on outercorners of lashline for subtle glow
works beautiful with neutrals, blacks, purples, pinks, golds.

3. color:
a midtone rosey golden taupe, looks different but wonderful on every skin tone.

CONS:
if you dont like beautiful eyeshadows, pass on this one:)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jojoS34

This isn't a shock for me i'm a lover of all things Urban Decay.

This shadow is amazing! The way the eye shadows just glide onto your eye lid so smooth and the color just pops doesn't matter which skin tone you are. No primer needed.

It stays on all day and at the end of the day all i use is a makeup towelette and it comes right off. This color in particular is one of my everyday wears!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Toasted is a pink, taupe, brown with a touch of bronze....haha...it is hard to describe but it is an amazing color that I wear every day on my lid with UD Roach (awful name but a beautiful chocolate, plum, bronze) with Zephyr (perfect pearly opal white with a touch of shimmer but not much) on the inner corner and as a highlight and at night I add in Busted (very dark brown...i don't like the harshness of black and I find this color easy to use and I can wear this during the day and darken it for the evening) in the outer V. Sometimes, I just do toasted on my lid with zephyr on my brow bone. I do also use UD Naked (almost exactly the same as MAC Cork) to blend out my crease. By the way, I am Korean and medium skin tone--I use Dior Skin in 040 Honey Beige or LM Tinted Moisturizer in Sand or Beige in BB foundation or Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick Bisque

I have used Chanel, Dior, Smashbox, LM, BB, Dior, Stila, Make Up Forever, Tom Ford, MAC, Nars, Chantecaille...and I find that UD has great texture, pigment and is easy to use. The new packaging is cute and easy to travel with and if you want you can pop them out to make a palette (but I think that is $10). There is no fall-out and it stays on all day and all night without reapplication. I do use UDPP, OR LM Eye Basics OR Benefit Stay don't Stray every day.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No