Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 3/15/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awesome Primer!!! A little dab will do ya!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm like the other reviewers and saw a youtube lady raving about this stuff as a primer, and since I have dry patches I thought it would be perfect. Well it is as a primer! It's way better than any actual "primer" I've used too. It doesn't break me out either, and it really gives my skin a pore-free look when it's under powder foundation. I love this stuff. I either use this or Alba green tea and aloe for under my make-up. Safe, effective, & cost efficient!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works wonders as a primer, same effect as the smashbox photo primer. One tube will last a long time, even for someone who wears makeup almost everyday, like me

on 2/3/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I have been using this as a primer for about 3 years i saw a YouTube beauty guru raving about this product amd at first I thought it was weird and that it would brake me out or that I might get an allergic reaction to it since my skin is extremely dry and sensetive but I decided to try it anyway and I havent stopped using it ever since i have bought other primers but i always go back to this i feel this blurs my pores a bit cause of the silicone and its soft and silky and doesnt make my skin dry or cause irritation wich is always my main problem with other primers. The packaging is perfect you get a great amount of pruduct for the price !!! I will repurchase this until it gets discontinued

on 1/21/2015 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Around this time last year, I happened upon a make-up thread where I saw the topic of discussion was issues people were having with their foundation and such. I read many posts by different women describing how they had a problem with how their foundation was affected by their dry skin but that it was rectified when they introduced a face primer into their routine. I then read how Monistat Chafing Powder Gel was very similar to the ingredients found in high end face primers.

I talked to my sister who is much more knowledgable in these things than I and she gave me a small dollop of her Smash Box face primer to try. She was generous enough that I had about a week's worth to experiment with. It made ALL the difference in the world. I regretted I had not discovered this years ago instead of struggling with foundation issues caused by dry skin. The day I used up the last of the primer she had given me, I took the recommendation of countless posters to try the Monistat. I could tell NO difference when I replaced the former with this. None. It integrated smoothly into my makeup routine flawlessly. After beginning my usage of this gel last year, I am now currently on my third tube. And when it runs out, I will repurchase again. There is nothing that could be improved with my Monistat Gel and foundation tag team for they are perfect together.

However I had read multiple times that a silicone primer should always be used with a silicone based foundation and never with an oil based foundation. I learned first hand that fact. Due to my forgetting my foundation on an overnight trip, I used my mother's foundation one morning; on top of the gel/primer. Whoa mama I did not know what was going on but things were wild. The two did not get along with each other at all. Ended up wearing powder only that day. Then I recalled the mixing issue and have avoided it ever since. Not that I have any urge to change my foundation. After years of using various different ones, my face took a perfect liking to th Mac studio Fix liquid. Those two, Monistat and Studio Fix, work perfectly together for me and have given me the best looking result I have ever had.

The two main things I notice when I use this:
1. My foundation goes on so smoothly and blends in very well. VERY smoothly.

2. My face stays how it looked after I freshly applied my foundation and powder basically all day long. The life of my foundation and powder increased by hours.

Forgive me, I have never used this product for its intended purpose so I cannot say anything to that matter. But as far as using it as a face primer dupe, as long as your foundation is silicone based, this is the perfect addition to make everything go on and stay just right. And you cannot beat the cost! Definitely cannot beat the cost for the result you get from this.

Edit: I wanted to add that I have had no problems with this causing any kind of clogged pores or acne issues. As everyone reacts differently, that is merely my experience with it.

I had been using this for my thighs when I worked out. I noticed it seemed to be the same stuff as expensive face priming gels. I checked the ingredients. It is the same stuff.

Monistat works great as an anti-chafing gel and even better as a primer because the price is so much better! I continue to use this.

on 1/20/2015 8:55:00 AM

I have extremely oily skin. I use this after applying milk of magnesia and keeps my face matte and oil free for at least five hours when usually Im super oily within an hour or so. Also makes my face feel poreless and soft creating a perfect base for my foundation. Wouldnt use it without M.O.M. first tho because I get super oily.

on 1/19/2015 11:41:00 PM

I am on my third tube of this and I have 4 backups under my sink should they run out any time soon

I love this stuff as a primer
I typically use this alone all over my face concentrating on the T zone where I need most smoothing and priming

Lately Iv been mixing this with the green smashbox photofinish primer just to combat the redness I have on my T zone as well and seriously they blend together great (almost as though they are the same freaking thing....hmmm?)

I will continue to use this as my primer for life since you cant beat the price or availability

on 1/15/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this just how the instructions on the back of the box says to. Nothing else. I wouldn't put this on my face risking clogged pores and just that icky feeling. The things people do for beauty are insane. What will they think of next?

on 1/15/2015 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Eh. Cheap compared some other primers. Creates a nice smooth surface for my foundation. Makes me a lil oily but nothing horrid. Good amount of product a lil goes a long way. Easily accessible found in many drug stores. Will b repurchasing

Popular Primer/ Correctors