August 29, 2014 | 1695 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

This isn't my HG mascara, even though plenty of YouTubers rave about it, but it definitely is something I grab for frequently. I purchased this mascara at CVS when I got a coupon for $4 off a $12 purchase of L'Oreal mascara. OF COURSE this was $8.99, so I was forced to get another mascara in order to qualify for the $4 off. So I picked this up with the Voluminous Butterfly mascara.

More about this mascara... I like the formula, wet and very black. I like a more wet formula because I think it's easier to manipulate if you need to separate or maneuver your lashes before they dry. I like the brush, but be very careful! I pushed mine in without really paying attention and I almost snapped the brush head off! It's kind of flimsy in that respect (which is why I took off a lipstick). I use this mainly on my lower lashes now just to darken them. I don't like them covered in mascara because I think it looks to twiggy and cartoonish. But it gives me a good look and what I'm looking for. Still not overly sure if I will repurchase, but possibly since it's cheaper than the BareMinerals mascara and I seem to like it better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was just typical to me. Not bad but not good either. I do not notice anything great about the length it built just average.
It smudged onto my lower and upper lids as the day went on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Giggles13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this mascara like seriously it gives you loads of length and makes your lashes suppppper dark what can I say it's amazing :) pair it up with the voluminous carbon black and you will have the perfect lashes:) but I have to say the formula is wet and it takes a long time to dry but that's not really a problem for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by selince

I've tried a bunch of mascaras until today and this is the mascara which gives you length, volume and depth. Ok, I need a lot of coats until I have the lashes which I'm looking for but with this mascara you can't go wrong. it's not clumpy at all, it seperates the lashes and the colour is perfect. I have already long lashes and one coat makes them really natural looking. I like the fidery lash effect so I go with multiple coats and they look awesome. most people think I wear fake lashes..so, I would give a try to it if you didn't do it. The packaging is ok, here in Europe it's silvery and sleek. What surprised me though was the mascara itself, it is longer and thinner as the regular mascara wands.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by SpinnKitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing. My new HG mascara. I like very dramatic mascara that gives me long, full, black lashes. Sadly I was born with blonde, straight, invisible lashes. Without mascara you can't tell I have any. My old HG was the red lash stiletto, which no one ever tried so it was discontinued. I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen with this mascara. I'd cry! This stuff makes my eyelashes look fake in the best kind of way. They're also not crispy, flaky, or smudgey. I just bought it and I've already been complimented twice on my eyelashes! I will never buy anything else as long as they keep making this! In the picture, my right eye (left side of the pic) is the Telescopic Carbon Black, my left is Great Lash Tiny Little Lashes. Huge difference!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by abr94

Just bought this yesterday and I love it! Wanted to try out a new mascara and wasn't 100% sure on it but tried it and I love it. No clumps at all it's amazing. Makes my lashes thick and long which is exactly what I'm looking for. Price was $26 here in Australia which I reckon is pretty good since it does it's job. Packaging is alright. Shaped as a telescope which is pretty cute I guess but just pain colours which is alright doesn't really matter. Definitely recommend trying this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tazz222003

Wow! This stuff is good stuff. I've been searching for a drugstore mascara for what feels like years. I'm on my second tube of this and it has really impressed me. The packaging is fantastic; it is slim and inoffensive (I'm looking at you, Maybelline!)... the formula is lovely. It adds length and fullness yet never clumps. The best part is that it doesn't smudge, even after a long day, which is an issue for me, yet amazingly it washes off with a little warm water between the fingertips. Hello vixen eyes for half the price! xx

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my daily mascara for a long time. It's clean looking but dramatic and easy to apply for daily wear. Definitely makes your eyelashes POP and be very defined without making them look spidery. Noticeable increase in length and good volume as well. Very build-able although after a certain amount you will not gain anymore length. Easy to remove as well.

All in all, one of my favorite mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Great value, great mascara. Make sure to comb lashes because it can be clumpy if you don't. Super dark & pigmented, very lengthening I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love false looking lashes, but I hate applying falsies. I do layer different mascaras on top of each other to achieve that look though. I have bought this before, except, not in Carbon Black. I loved the mascara itself, but I also love to try new products after I run out (or even before) because, well, I have a shopping problem. So anyway...

There was multiple versions of the "L'Oreal Telescopic" mascara. I couldn't choose one. But, I finally decided on the carbon black, because I absolutely adore all L'Oreal mascaras in carbon black. From time to time, Rite Aid will have a 40% L'Oreal cosmetics, which is when I picked up this mascara and the Miss Manga mascara.

So, when I don't layer the mascara, it gives a beautiful length to my normal lashes. Not that I need the length, because I already have longer lashes anyway, but it gives them a little oomph. When I layer this mascara, I start off with L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black, this mascara second, Miss Manga third, and Rimmel Volume Accelerator to top it off as my final, and last mascara. It looks as if I'm wearing falsies, but I'm not. Best part, this mascara can be used as a bottom lash mascara as well. These mascaras that I use, never flake, or smudge or get clumpy.. They have a perfect formulation and work well with other mascaras, or by itself.

I will definitely be re purchasing!