October 23, 2014 | 1614 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by newkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to help smooth out my skin before my wedding. I have some fine lines in the forehead and hyperpigmentation that I wanted to address, but sadly after using it for three months I did not see any improvement or positive change in my skin. Even worse was that it caused cystic acne and acne has never been an issue for me. I followed the directions on the box and nothing. Would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried these pads based on the lovely comments my MUA friends posted. These pads are packaged in a little pot with a screw off lid. They are pre-soaked in the solution. I'm not a big fan of digging one out of there but I guess that's the best way to package them. The pad itself has a nubby side and a smoother side. The clear solution does not have any fragrance, just the kinda-chemical-y odor. Not awful. How I use them: (stop reading here, PTR execs, since you won't like this) Under the suggestion of other MUA users, I cut these pads in half. I just cut a few at a time and leave them in the jar. After I wash my face in the a.m (with another PTR product, but I don't think it matters) I swipe my half-a-pad over my face thoroughly. Then just swipe the tiny bit of leftovers, if any, on my decollette (chest, haha) then on the backs of my hands. Pretty sure the hands aren't gettin' much in the way of treatment. I leave the treatment on about 3-5 minutes. The directions say 3 mins max, but I think nothing really bad happens if you go longer. Then its rinse and go. When you rinse...be prepared for awesomely softer skin. ITs amazing. But get this: I have had nice, soft skin after treatments, masks, exfolient many times in the past, but NEVER have I had the long-lasting feel of smooth skin these pads provide. The next few times you wash your face you still feel the smooth. I have been using these pads since August 4th, that;s over a month (I keep a sharpie with my makeup and skin care so I can date when I have started a new product or to keep track how long stuff lasts. It's a trait I inherited from my mom who dates everything from rolls of tape to deodorant. Heh.)
Now, let's cut to the chase: soft skin is nice, yes, but do these pads "un-wrinkle" your skin? The short answer: not in a months time. Maybe after a few more weeks my miracle will happen. Do these pads provide a soft feel and a more luminous look to your skin? YES AND YES! Although I have not been lucky enough for anyone to comment, "wow, your skin looks so nice!" I have noticed it myself, and I am my owh biggest critic. So there's that. I really like these pads and between Paula's Choice and PTR, I could be my best ever! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by conniemaks5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this 5 lipsticks mainly due to the fact it is awesome at evening out my skin tone. It totally took away all my old dark acne marks which helps my skin look so much better even without makeup. It has also helped to lessen my wrinkles. I really like this product a lot and will buy it again and will recommend it to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, the reviewer below me DID NOT read the instructions correctly, but it stated that you must leave the pads on for approximately for 60 seconds or for up to 3 minutes. Then, rinse off with water. Please, ignore her review because she did not follow instructions carefully. I cannot even IMAGINE leaving this on for more than 5 minutes! With that being said, these pads are a godsend! I'm a 36 yr. old woman suffering from hormonal acne with oily skin in the summer, combination during winter. I do have some rough texture, dark spots and scars on my skin from all the yrs. of hormonal acne and abrasive products. Upon using these pads, my skin did suffer from tingling sensation and somewhat redness, but that's normal because it is a peel, you know? But, after I rinse my face off with water, my face felt so soft, smooth, and glowy. It lifted 10 yrs. off my face! I have been using these pads for 2 months and noticed some major improvements on my skin. I no longer suffer from rough texture and acne. What acne?! NONE! Also, the dark spots I have are lightening. I'm so happy with this product! I was a skeptic at first, but, now, I'm a believer. My face feels like someone from their early 20's. These pads are somewhat pricey, but I've read that some people are cutting them in half to save money. Good idea! If you have never tried these pads, I suggest going to Sephora and try a sample. TIP: I found that this product rinses off better when you take a shower. So, before I take a shower, I wash my face over the sink and apply this product and step into the shower after 1-3 minutes to wash off the product.. Btw, I use this product 3 times a week in the evening. It also has helped soak in the serum & moisturizer I use during day & night. I will keep buying these forever! HIGHLY recommend!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Grace5673

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried this wrinkle peel for a few weeks did nothing for my wrinkles, after a month I applied it daily in the morning and left it on my face for 30 minutes, sometimes longer even 45 minutes to an hour and then washed off, and didn't see or feel my skin getting tighter or firming out the my lines. Compared to what I'm using now biocorrex, I don't think this product does much for my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by deborahmh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin and this product does not irritate it. The pads help exfoliate and brighten up my skin and leave me with a nice glow. I don't use everyday but basically use when my skin starts looking dull and dry. I will use for two or three days then I'm good to go for a couple of weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by aibkrm

I used these pads a year ago and stopped along with all my pricey skincare. I literally went from using PTR, Murad, Skinceuticals and Yonka to Olay and Neutrogena. I was trying to save cost and figured what's the hype it's all the same. Well, let me tell you something, it's not all the same! I'm not sure what happened but I felt as though my skin was dull and aged looking. Although I look very young for 38 I saw signs of aging on my skin that I did not like. So the other day I bought all my old products again and a few new ones. I forgot how great these pads were, one use and my skin felt so much better. I can't wait to keep using them. They don't irriate me at all, as I don't have sensitive skin. I do have combo skin and my skin turns super dry in the winter time. I love these and would receommend them!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by strangeandweird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only used it twice but I'm extremely excited about this product. Why? My hands look like I put them in a vat of lotion for a week!! I keep staring at how non-leathery they look.

I'll admit I made a mistake when I first applied the peels. I waited three minutes and washed it off. Unfortunately I didn't do a great job of cleaning everything off and my face was very irritated. It was only after the second face washing that the irritation died down. The second time I applied the pads before a shower. That was way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I am on my second tub of these great pads!!! I have oily/combo skin and they work great. I use them in the morning and leave it on about 15-20 and wash off. My skin glows and I have noticed since using these that my skin is clearer, tighter and it has evened out my skin tone. Love these!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

These pads made my face sting a little especially when applied over a couple of pimples, but also showed me that my makeup wasn't being removed properly as loads of it came off on the pad!

The pads are quite thin and dimpled on one side (the other side is smooth). I have no idea which side you are supposed to use, so I use both (I wipe this over my face, neck and chest with the dimpled side then go over it again with the smooth side). I read the instructions and initially left this on for 1 minute before rinsing off. Now I leave this for almost 3 minutes before rinsing.

My skin is dry on my cheeks and undereye area, very oily on my nose and chin, and normal on my forehead. I am prone to breakouts around my mouth and on my nose. Even though the packaging said that you should use this up to three times a week (for dry skin) I have been using this once every day with no ill effects. It didn't cause dryness or flakiness but didn't feel like it did much of anything. It did remove/dissolve some sebaceous filaments on my nose and chin, and has so far prevented them from coming back, and I haven't broken out at all from using this which is always a benefit.

After using all 60 pads in the container I can say that I won't be buying again. It just didn't seem to do anything for my skin so it would be a waste of money to repurchase.