December 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would repurchase it.....in 10 years minimum if I finish it by then.

Truly THE BEST highlighter on the market, and I have tried EVERYTHING, from low-end to the highest high.

The effect is spectacular....I always wondered what they used in movies, on TV, to make the faces of the actresses get that baby-like glow, the plumpness of the skin, without stripper sparkles....don't get me wrong, I like the 'stripper sparkle' look at times, but it doesn't even begin to compare with the natural and absolutely gorgeous effect of HB. It DOES make a huge difference in skin, texture, glow, both on camera and in real life.

I like the packaging, maybe it isn't that sanitary but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with this germophobia. If you gently barely touch your skin/fingertips with the tip of the brush there shouldn't be any problem. It's way more sanitary than a powder case or the MAC cream foundations/concealers/paint pots, imo.

For the ladies and gents experiencing trouble with it, i.e. transparency or cakiness of foundation, loss of coverage, etc- let the foundation dry. Apply the tiniest amount of powder on those areas, just enough to absorb any oiliness and give it a clean matte finish. Let it SETTLE, I cannot stress this enough.

Dab the tip of the brush on the spot or on your fingertip to control the amount, a tiny bit goes a very very long way. Gently pat it WITH THAT EXACT SPOT where the product is, don't pat it with the overall fingertip (for example, ring finger) as you would with a concealer, it'll go everywhere and mix up with the other stuff on the skin. Just pit-pit-pit, teeeeeny tiny movements until you have 'spread it' on the desired area. It IS NOT meant to be blended like a concealer, but SPREAD AROUND.

The effect is incredible, a natural luminous glow, Alicia Keys cheekbones, baby skin, something of the sort. I truly adore it.

The quantity is huge for the needed purpose, I've had mine for a year now and it doesn't even look like it's going down. Use it only where you want it, cheekbones, shoulders, etc., it'll give amazing effect on tanned skin in particular.

It doesn't cake up foundation and it doesn't change its color, IF used accordingly. Best investment in the highlighter/illuminator department.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by luvhydration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have it in a deluxe sample. The color is fine with my neutral-undertoned skin, but the "dewy" formula is too shiny for me. It's not a natural-looking highlight imo. Also, it really irritates my skin sometimes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mkr7654321

get elf shimmering facial whip in the color lilac pedal- it looks exactly the same, and the elf one is $1 i've had my little elf highlighter for months. it is really pretty and the packaging is more hygienic than high beam.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this about a year ago as a christmas present. I didn't really have that much knowledge about makeup back then, I just wanted a highlighter and didn't do enough research. You may notice that I'm not really loving this highlighter.
Don't get me wrong, it's a nice, rosy colour, doesn't have shimmer or anything but the one problem I'm having is: it sheers out my foundation that I apply underneath like nothing else. My natural redness starts showing (which obviously looks pretty strange).
If it didn't do that, I'd probably love this thing but since it does what it does I'm not really loving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

Got this in sample size in a kit and just purchased it in full size, here in canada its 36$ but 44 with taxes but its really worth it, the best thing about it is that its not glitery but not overly shimmery

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by SDnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great highlighter! When I apply it above me cheekbones, above my eyebrows and in my cupids bow, it definitely makes my face glow in a very nice way. When I stand under a light or in the sunlight, it really compliments my face. The best thing about it, is that it doesn't have loads of sparkle in it, much like the other highlighters I've tried. It doesn't make my face look like a unicorn threw up on it, which is great. It's also very easy to blend out, and just overall amazing. I got the sample along with posie tint (which I don't really use much) at ulta for $10, and it's lasted me a while so far. When I do run out, I'm not sure if I'll purchase the full size since it's so expensive, but I probably will since it's such a nice product. I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a mini duo set that included baby sizes of High Beam and PosieTint, and High Beam has become my absolute favorite, go-to highlighter.

I like to dab the smallest bit down the bridge of my nose, on the center of my chin, across my cupid's bow, between my eyebrows and on my brow bones (I use under-eye concealer so I usually don't bother with my cheekbones). The effect is so natural I can get away with it every day. You can wear this with or without contouring with a matte-finish bronzer. Even if I am going minimal on makeup, I still wear a tiny bit of this to make my skin look healthy and dewy.

Will repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by babydoll777

FOR REFERENCE: I'm a brunette with dark chocolate eyes and fair skin.

I will admit, High Beam IS beautiful - it's like applying liquefied pearls to your skin! I wore this to work and on my wedding day a month ago to add a touch of glow over my semi-matte makeup. This is easier to blend (pat to blend, don't rub) and looks more natural when applied over or mixed with liquid foundation. If you apply this over powder foundation, it takes a bit more effort; you have to warm-up the liquid between your fingers first and then lightly dab it on where you want a dewy highlight. But sometimes it's easy to make a mistake and it can be hard to blend and it ends up looking unnatural and streaky. I noticed if you blend too much, it disappears somehow and tends to rub off my base makeup (i.e. foundation). The satin pink color doesn't show up. This is a very pretty white, slightly opalescent shimmer/sheen on my fair skin. A little goes a long way, just a dime-sized amount is all you need. If you put too much on, it leaves a white, bright streak that looks...well...very unnatural and oily lol. While this liquid luminizer is very beautiful (especially when this is dabbed on your cheekbones and tearducts lightly), I feel this is more suitable for those who have normal to dry skintypes. I have combination-oily skin with a very oily nose so while I do like this product, I don't feel a strong need for it. Personally, I can easily achieve the same glowing effect by patting a physical sunscreen onto my bare skin or over my makeup. Finish it off with a few coats of mascara and I'm good to go.

I bought this at Sephora and paid $30 for it (retail price is $26, pretty pricey). The nail polish packaging is cute but it's NOT travel-friendly; I hate how the liquid gets dried-up and cakes around the bottle's mouth and I have to clean that everytime, wasting the product.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again but for those of you who have normal to very dry skintypes (or just dull complexions), give this a try! =)

UPDATE (9-17-2014): I'm putting this up for swap if anyone is interested. I've also noticed that if I wear any foundations that give a satin/luminous finish, I get the same glowing skin result that High Beam gave me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by lilacmakeupartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Benefit needs to repackage the product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The very 1st highlighter i've ever owned and i'm in love with it. It gives a very nice glow, not too shiny or glittery and doesn't fade thruout the day.