April 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Typographic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's almost strange how evident this is not a black when you put it next to a black eyeliner. It is most definitely an extremely dark grey, but if that is what you are looking for, here you go.

I do interchange use between this and carbon unless I am really looking for a pitch black look, however the pigmentation of the matte2 can not be wronged.

It is a joy to smoke out looks with.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

I LOVE this eyeshadow as well! It so velvety and smooth in texture and blends like a dream! I like to use it for my outer corner and smoking out my bottom lash line. It pairs perfectly with satin taupe (my other fav mac eyeshadow) as duo. Color pigmentation is amazing and color is VERY buildable! A must have in my mac collection. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Typographic is a very deep matte gray, almost but not black shade.

A simple straightforward true charcoal that works as a substitute for black. The pigmentation is superb and awesome lasting power...

Just one catch...this eyeshadow is the KING of FALLOUT. It is the one and only MAC e/s I own that generously offers plenty of fallout no matter what I do. Tapping off the excess and patting the color on never works. You MUST apply your eye makeup first before any concealer or foundation, then you'll actually need to clean up your under eye area before applying the rest of your makeup. Even the tiniest bit of this can make your under eye area greyish if you don't clean it up first. Clean it, don't just fan brush it!

Won't repurchase, very dupeable. The fallout doesn't justify the purchase. Will use it while it lasts though.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A few months ago I took a family member to have a makeover at MAC and became friendly with the makeup artist who is unbelievable at her job ..... I finally met with her myself a few days ago and had her try out a few looks on me. My coloring is cool-toned ...... my skintone is NW10, my haircolor is a cool blonde with lowlights but I have brown eyes (which are boring.) I was surprised at her color choices as they are not ones I would normally use ....... in my one look, she used Vex all over the eye and then to my surprise she used Typographic (which I freaked out over because it is such a dark gray/black) and lightly used it in the crease and then to lightly line my upper outer corner and I could not believe that it worked ....... with a very gentle hand, she was able to create a light smoky eye and it worked perfectly not only with my cool coloring but also with my brown eyes. Typographic is a beautiful dark gray and if you use a light hand can certainly be used as a crease color and not only used to line your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is my HG black shade. I have light features and blue eyes, so a harsh black like Carbon is "too much" on garish on me.

I love wearing this color with Vex in the inner corner and Knight Divine blended in between. My favorite smokey eye look. Truely beautiful. Recommend all 3 of these colors. I finally found the perfect black and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by stls

Typographic is excellent! Really dark gray, almost black only easier to control. Like all matte2 buttery smooth, extremely pigmented, very blendable and long lasting. Great as a liner or at the outer v, recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Probably my favourite black eyeshadow. It has a great texture & blends really well. I like that it's dark enough to be black, but not HOLYSHITTHAT'SDARK black. You can build it up gently to deepen it without regretting what you're doing. This is one of my go-to shadows for adding some definition to the crease with just about any look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a versatile eyeshadow. I'm not someone who wears black eyeshadow often, so I never considered buying this one. However, one day I went to the MAC counter looking for a grey eyeshadow that could be used as an eyeliner and outer c olour and this was the colour that the MA came up with. I love the fact that it's a dark grey that can show up as either an almost black and a dark grey, depending on how much you apply. It is beautiful as an eyeliner (I use a 266 to apply), and it can be smoked out really well, but it also works great as an outer v colour, especially because its blendability is amazing. It blends so well, without disappearing. Would repurchase, but doubt that will ever be necessary, as the pigmentation is amazing, so you don't need much to get the desired effect.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Typographic is amazing! It's a deep charcoal that's soooo easy to work with. Many matte dark colours can be hard to blend and go on uneven, but Typographic is such a joy to work with. It's just perfect for an all-out smoky eye, or just to add a bit of darkness into the crease for any look. IMO this is a must-have for anyone building a MAC eye shadow collection. It may not look like a true black like Carbon, but this will do exactly what you want Carbon to do, and it will do it better!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect. Dark charcoal brown, super blendy, super pigmented, a complete dream to work with. Two thumbs up.