December 21, 2014 | 1838 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by mkr7654321

it works so well and is so inexpensive. i didn't have any sensitivity while using it. the trick is to leave it on longer than 5 minutes, because it STARTS working in 5 minutes. I've found that 8 minutes is ideal. the best way to do it is to get one of those mouth guards, boil it, mold it to your teeth and use it as a tray.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by clemingway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have purchased expensive whitening gel from my dentist and this product worked just as well- in fact, I liked it better!

Pros:
-I experienced absolutely no sensitivity when using this, and I have very sensitive teeth. I stopped using the expensive, professional gel because it made my teeth ache and gave me shooting pain. I don't have that problem here at all.
-The PRICE. I may be a college student with no money, but I still don't want my teeth to be a highlighter-shade of yellow, so thank goodness for cheap and effective products like this.
-Tastes fine.

Cons:
-The package I bought didn't come with a mouth tray, but I already had one. The package says you can apply it directly to your teeth with a cotton swab but trust me, it's better to spare yourself the mess and pick up a 99 cent athletic mouth guard or one of the moldable night guards the drug store sells. Otherwise you'll probably end up swallowing a lot and it won't stay on your teeth super well.
-You'd have to have teeth that are already pretty white to be able to get away with just using it for 5 minutes. The package suggests leaving it on for 15 for the first few uses before cutting the time to 5 minutes for maintenance, which seems to work though.

Bottom line: This is the only whitening product I'll ever need! Definitely give it a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Affordable, effective, quick teeth whitening!

:) or rather :D

I really only use this when I have a big event. A week's use and I have that winning white smile. I've used it for about a year. I was a little surprised with how well this worked at first seeing it's way cheaper than most similar products. I just spread the paste on my teeth with clean index finger or q-tip (never found the tray or pre-rinse useful), avoid gums and keep on for about 6-10 minutes. I saw results extremely quickly, like, within 2 days and best part was NO SENSITIVITY! I used to use Crest whitestrips but omg I did not know the pain of teeth sensitivity till I used those dreadful beasts. Never going back!

My only gripe is that the last two tubes I bought with a 'new improved' formula were a goopy gel that was hard to apply and stay in place. Now the website shows another new look. Hoping the goopy one isn't here to stay. I used to pick these up at Walmart or Rexall's in Canada but now only find them at Target. If teeth whitening is at all in your radar, you gotta get your hands on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

I will start off by saying I am a total coffee and tea addict. I can barely make it through the day with a couple cups of one or both! Unfortunately, this addiction was leaving its mark on my teeth. My first thought were the Crest 3D white strips, as those were by far the most expensive in the drugstore so I figured they must be effective. They did the job ok, but they caused SERIOUS sensitivity in my teeth to the point where I felt like crying every time I drank something above or below room temp. So, as I'm sure many of you have, I turned to my fave YouTube gurus for a solution. A couple of them raved about this product, so I figured why not give it a go since it was a fraction of the price of Crest. Not only did this cause zero sensitivity, but it actually gave me results in the first use. No bad aftertaste either! My fave method of application is by far using homemade mouth trays I made from $1 mouthguards from walmart. Do yourself a favor and buy this already, I will keep buying forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing for tooth whitening! See, I live in Canada, and the alternative we have here is not so great. When I was in America a few weeks ago, I remembered to go searching for this and I'm so glad I did. I really noticed a difference in one use. The tray on the other hand, is useless for me. It didn't feel like it was up against my teeth at all. I really noticed a difference in whitening was when I used the tray that came with my other whitening kit: Natural White 5 Minute. If only I stocked up on the gel as well! I'll have to go get some next time I'm in the states because this stuff is my HG for teeth whitening.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Paulahart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd used Crest Whitestrips in the past which worked okay but left my teeth so sensitive I could only use them every third day. Plus they weren't exactly cheap. I read the reviews for Plus White but I tend to be very cynical when people rave about a product. It usually works well once or twice but eventually runs out of steam. I'm happy to say that this stuff is freaking amazing!

I bought the kit which has the mouth tray, the gel and the after-rinse. It was about $7.97 at Walmart. It is super easy to use and works quickly. The best part is that there is absolutely NO sensitivity. I started seeing a difference after using the product about 3 times (I left the tray in 20 minutes each time) and my teeth look really white now, even better than with the Crest Whitestrips. To maintain the whiteness, I use the product once a week for about 5 minutes.

I would buy this product again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by jocelynlb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is AMAZING!! This product really does make a difference, you can see a huge change of whiteness in a matter of weeks. It is incredibly cheap, cost about $15 for the entire kit, which comes with the gel, mouth tray and pre whitening rinse.
I recommending leave the gel for about 15 minutes, since the whitening starts after 5 minutes. My only complaint is that it is easy to use too much gel in the tray, I recommend putting a few dots in, then spreading it out, or just putting it directly on your teeth. Also, don't use it too soon before or after brushing your teeth or else it could hurt!
Other than that, incredible teeth whitening system that I would recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG HG HG, I cannot sing it's praises enough!

I have tried quite a few different tooth whiteners - Crest white strips, Blanx whitening pen, Pearl Drops, countless whitening toothpastes, I've even had my teeth professionally whitened once - and none, NONE have been as effective as the Plus White. Yes, it was even better than getting them professionally done.

Plus White is simply fantastic. You can easily get it in drugstores, and stores like Walmart and Target... I'm in the UK now and can only find it on ebay - if anyone knows where I can get it here, please let me know!
It's SO cheap, $10.99 for the full kit of a tray, bleach, and a pre-whitening rinse - I think they even do a bleach for sensitive teeth now too! The tray is a "jelly-like" soft plastic which makes it quite comfortable, and will fit nearly all mouths - mine is really small, and the tray is not at all uncomfortable for me. It is also double sided, so you do your top and bottom teeth at the same time which is certainly more efficient. I don't often use the pre-whitening rinse as I found no difference wether I used it or not. The bleach is in a clear gel form from a squeeze tube - it can be difficult to get the right amount in the trays sometimes - often too much comes out and you don't need a whole lot of bleach as when you bite down on the tray, the bleach distributes somewhat. The bleach itself is not particularly pleasant, but it's not horrible either, and I've had no problems with sensitivity, etc., but like I said, I'm pretty sure I've seen that Plus White makes a bleach for sensitive teeth now too. For those worried about the state of your teeth's enamel - I have extremely weak teeth and Plus White hasn't damaged them at all - I have used it consistently on and off for years and my dentists haven't found any problems or warned me off it.

I found with consistent use, the colour of my teeth changed dramatically. My preferred method was to use it every other day whilst I took a shower - just popped it in my mouth beforehand, took a 10-20 minute shower, took it out afterward and brushed my teeth as normal. I'm desperate to get my hands on it again as my teeth are getting a bit more ivory lately.

Bottom line: I can say I love this product 100%. I have re-purchased and will re-purchase time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by zoestryker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I randomly bought this and then after using I saw Leighannsays and KandeeJohnsons review on youtube! I was so excited and it actually works! For all the reviews saying it doesnt work, on the box it does say "Starts WORKING after 5 minutes." SO It doesnt work until 5 minutes, then I leav eit on for 15 minutes. Sfter just one application my teeth are so much whiter. I use this 2x a week and when my shade looks good I stop and use only every week or every other week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

This product is AMAZING. I've tried a few different whitening products and this takes the cake. This works better than anything I've used before including crest white strips. I bough just the gel for $4, but at walmart to get the whole kit was $7! It was such a deal. I can't believe how well it worked. My teeth were not tell but not white either.... Too many sodas... This got them a really pretty white!! So worth it. Plus a tube will last a LONG time. Pick this product up for sure if you need whitening!' Don't waste your money on ore expensive kits that don't work !