November 24, 2014 | 1883 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SHADE SELECTION: C4 (NC37 for reference)

PROS

- natural, dewy finish
- long wearing, waterproof
- does not cling to dry spots
- amount of product
- coverage can be built to medium
- lightweight
- photographs well

CONS

- price

COMMENTS: This foundation is lovely. It's a very "my skin but better" type of product. The consistency is incredibly thin, making it easier to mix this with other foundations if desired. It does thicken as you blend it into the skin, giving you slightly more coverage. I like applying this with a flat top kabuki brush the best, but fingers will do just fine. Do not bother using a sponge...you'll get zero coverage if you do. I have combination skin and found this works just fine for me, but do see this more as a winter foundation. I get oily after 4 hours, however that is pretty normal for me with any foundation. What I love most about this is, it is very forgiving on dry spots and never looks cakey. Once I touch up, this foundation looks beautiful all over again. It never looks blotchy or cakey, which is an issue I've always had with matte foundations.

EDIT: This stuff is amazing when used as a base under other foundations. Holy mother of pearl - it transforms any foundation into something magical. Apply F&B to entire face first, then your regular foundation after. It adds the perfect amount of hydration and really makes the face look flawless. Most foundations will cling onto my dry patches, but if I apply this all over first I don't have that issue at all. It just transforms other foundations creating the perfect canvas and making it waterproof, as well. I can now see why this is a staple for a lot of MUAs.

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by zbilxo

This product is great for combination/normal/dry skin. It gives you SUCH amazing hydration and glow. It feels super light on the skin, the coverage is extremely sheer to buildable medium coverage if you layer it on a couple times. You won't be able to get more than a medium coverage from this. It almost reminds me of a tinted moisturizer with just one layer. It just makes you look super healthy and glowy, like you've been eating your vegetables. This product has been extremely popular backstage at fashion shoes for that natural, dewy skin look on the models. I've been seeing a lot of hype on sheer, glowy foundation, this is definitely a must try in my opinion. Throw away that heavy, full coverage cakey foundation, use this instead with a more full coverage concealer on problematic areas. Love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry skin. Not the, "oh, my skin feels dry, I think I'll moisturize today" dry, but the I have worn heavy duty moisturizer every single day of my life...since the day I was born kind of dry skin. Now, at 48, my skin is in decent shape (see my mention of daily moisturizer), but I like a little bit of evening out and extra color that foundation provides. When I hear/read that a foundation is "sheer" or "glowy"...well, let's just say I'm a sucker for good marketing. Enter Face and Body. I bought it at a MAC store in Prague on vacation. I was color matched at N1, which does seem pretty accurate. I don't care much for the bottle as some always runs down the sides of the bottle or gets trapped under the cap (making for a mess when you next remove it). I like the silicones in F&B as it makes for smooth application. I really only use one dot to spread it around my face. I do get a more even complexion, but that's it. This leaves a terribly sticky finish, but strangely leaves my face looking dry and cakey at the same time!! Strange! I also don't like the occlusive feeling I get after a bit...as though my face were suffocating. I stuck this in a drawer and forgot about it. A few weeks ago, in an attempt to use up some products, I added two drops of F&B to my moisturiser along with one pump of the clinique Uplighting in Natural. WOW! The perfect combo! You cannot tell I have on foundation. My skin looks clear, healthy, dewey and well nourished. I have finally found a method that works well for me. May be something others like as well! Definitely worth a shot!! Makes my routine that much qucker too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by littlelushaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this foundation in C1 and hands down this is my favourite foundation, light enough that it can be used on a day to day basis or on days when you don't want to wear much makeup, but you can also build up the coverage to make it perfect for nights out too. I love the glow it gives me it's like my skin but nicer. The product even smells nice like tangerines, and the packaging makes it super easy to use. And for 120mls of product the price is amazing! I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Rawrceo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation! If you have combination/normal/dry/very dry skin like I do, then this is perfect for you. It is sheer yet can be easily buildable to a medium coverage foundation. Don't apply this with a brush or a sponge because since it is very water based and runny, your preferred tool will just eat it up. The best way is to first apply to the palm of your hands, then rub rub rub rub as if you were putting gel in them. What this will do is thicken to product to a higher consistency. After this has thicken, apply direct to face and neck and blend with your hands. Because it is now thick, you can fix the evenness with a brush of choice (i use my RT buffing brush) or a beauty blender. The finish is this beautiful, natural, dewey finish that makes you look like you have nice skin. Your face doesn't fall flat in color due to the sheerness. Therefor, your natural contours are still visible as well as any natural features. This product will last you ages. Just make sure to give it a good shake because it has a tendency to separate a teensy bit in the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree completely with HolyShiet;a perfect review for this product! : ) I am also very fair and wear N1. Only con for me is that the bottle is just so big (great value for money); but I'll get bored of it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by holyshiet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I hadn't used foundation in years because I hate the 'foundation look'.
Then someone convinced me to try the F&B and I'm very happy i did!

I'm quite pale so I use C1, blends perfectly with my own skincolor.
It looks super natural like your own skin with an extra healthy glow + it evens out your skintone. Light coverage, but for me that's fine because I don't like it when you can tell you're wearing foundation. When i want to cover up red spots i use the Lancome Effacernes concealer.

Pro's
- Super natural
- Dewy healthy glow
- Evens out skintone
- Blends with your skin.
- If you use a finishing powder, it stays on all day.
- No irritation or breakouts!

Con's
- After applying, I have to use a powder on my T-zone because i don't like a shiny nose, forehead and chin.
- Does get oily after a few hours, need to blot.
- I don't really like the packaging, the product is very runny because it's waterbased which makes it hard to get the right amount out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ProductReviewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Most of the colors were hideous, like clown colors. Forget about every other color but C-1 or N-1, if you have light skin. The rest of the colors are too dark. C-2 & N-2 are too dark for light skin because they have too much yellow & pink in them. NC-1, NC-2, NW-1 & NW-2 are all over run with hideous amounts of pink, orange & beige (see the photo above of the woman in the blue T-shirt..yellow forehead, this is how most MAC foundations look in real life, yellow, orange, pink or just weird).

C-1 & N-1 are those hard to come by, highly coveted, super pale colors that light skinned women search high & low for - and are the ONLY colors for truly light skins from MAC brand foundations.

The finish is glittery. The texture is sticky & greasy, and it's full of comedogenic, skin damaging ingredients. Skin felt dirty immediately upon applying. Had to wash it off. And it stinks too. It is supposed to give skin a healthy glow. It does, but my skin looks like that naturally, so I can't justify putting this awful stuff on my skin for a little bit of polish.

The all zinc oxide sunblock I use gives my skin a little white glow, and I don't have to damage my skin by wearing this product, with it's myriad of sticky, pore clogging ingredients.

If the skin is flat & dull, then this will give the illusion of life. If skin is already good - AVOID.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ZayLiz

I always had trouble finding the right foundation until this one came along! I asked for a sample at MAC & .. OMG! I was IN LOVEEE! its the best foundation for people who doesn't need a whole lot of coverage & have dry skin *Also who likes a veryyy natural look && feel!* I will definitely get this product! and it will laat you for a LONG TIME!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

Mac face and body is an amazing foundation is you're looking for something that has a light to moderate coverage and gives your face a dewy complexion. This foundation is more for evening out skintone and giving it a natural "no foundation" foundation look and is really good for summer, as it's very light. I've been using mine since this past spring and I like it, but for my skin I think I prefer more coverage and something with a thicker consistency, because the consistency of this is a little on the runner side. The packaging is fantastic though and I like to use this sometimes when I get bruises/sunspots on my body as well. Good product for the right person, not exactly what I'm looking for but I still would recommend it.