October 2, 2014 | 1788 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

Mac face and body is an amazing foundation is you're looking for something that has a light to moderate coverage and gives your face a dewy complexion. This foundation is more for evening out skintone and giving it a natural "no foundation" foundation look and is really good for summer, as it's very light. I've been using mine since this past spring and I like it, but for my skin I think I prefer more coverage and something with a thicker consistency, because the consistency of this is a little on the runner side. The packaging is fantastic though and I like to use this sometimes when I get bruises/sunspots on my body as well. Good product for the right person, not exactly what I'm looking for but I still would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Linneaus

This is a water-based silicone foundation for combination/normal to dry and very dry skin, not generally for oily skins. Coverage is sheer to medium. Finish is natural to dewy depending on your how dry your skin was to begin with. Contains film-forming agent/polymer so lasting is power is very, very long, unless you have oily skin where the facial oils dissolve the film-forming polymer. Shine/dewiness varies inversely to dryness and dryness varies proportionally to lasting power. Water and transfer resistant NOT water and transfer proof. Highly refined pigment that makes foundation difficult to detect. Very, very layerable. No SPF, no white flashback, photographs beautifully in any lighting.

I have dryish acne prone skin that has been made very dry by tretinoin cream and salicylic acid. Up to now without mineral oil and petroleum based moisturisers, most foundations are inapplicable to my face. It took two years for me to go down to the mac counter and try get a sample of the foundation.

I hesitated as it was touted to be a sheer foundation and other sheer foundations did nothing for my pigmentation. I tried this as was quietly amazed.

Two things:

The more you mechanically work the foundation the more coverage you get. With normal to combination skin keep working vigorously on the face until it thickens and sets, with dry skin, use clean hands to rub vigorously until it thickens and pat onto the face. Brushes are a waste of time as it takes much longer to thicken the product and it leaves film polymer on the brushes.

Apply like this:

One layer of the product is enough to give a light coverage to the face (so long as you rubbed it so it thickened). So the second thing- you will realise that you actually don't need the medium or full coverage foundation that you normally bought. Why? Because too often, if you are anything like me, you've purchased a medium/fuller coverage foundation just to even out my skin, knock out redness and blur imperfections- to some success, but you could always tell there was some light makeup, sometime you got complete cakeorama. This foundation rubbed in till it thickens does all of that whilst giving a light undetectable no makeup look. Why bother with the previous heavy cakiness? The difference is that this is a really high quality foundation with very refined pigments, even though it's a light amount of pigment, they are so small that you can't see it. Blended out it's a haze of colour to fix uneven skin tone.

Now what to do if you still want to cover pigmentation? Mix in a high coverage foundation- a tiny amount. Vichy Dermablend, Cover FX, Estee Lauder DoubleWear Maximum Coverage, Laura Mericer Secret Camouflage even Revlon ColorStay if you have nothing else.

It'll be better than any concealer you try- because you get the pigmentation of the high coverage foundation but the lasting power of the filmforming agent in F&B. Additionally you also have the benefit of lack of cakiness, no dry flakes and no settling in fine lines. Just a note: if you do need high coverage and have all the dryness and all the fine lines, use a high coverage foundation and not a medium one, this way you will need a tiny amount of the heavy foundation and mixed product with mainly be F&B- hence it retains all the staying power, lack of settling into lines and lack of creating dry flakes.

And voila! For the first time in my life theory from comestics textbooks are true, use the lightest foundation to even out skin tone- then apply a good coverage concealer to the places where you need and only the places you need! You will look so natural- even your dear mum and grandma won't notice the amount of makeup you are actually wearing!

If you do have really have dry skin and have tried everything from thickest emollients to petroleum jelly and still have dry caking and FLAKY foundation that looks liked a dried desert earth, consider this foundation and at least get a sample of it. I find that this foundation wears even more beautifully as the hours clock by- more dewy and luminous. No flakes, not a bit of fading.

In fact, for anybody pretty much, just get a sample of this foundation- you may just be surprised and get on the stairwell to foundation enlightenment and perhaps foundation nirvana :P It can't hurt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always hated cream and liquid foundations because I hadn't been able to find one that looked natural, didn't feel masky and heavy, and didn't clog my pores. I tried this one on a whim because the formula looked so thin in the store, and i figured it may not provide much coverage but at least it'l be buildable. I was wrong, it provides excellent light to medium coverage as well as being buildable and the color match is perfect. It gives a dewey natural finish too and looks flawless when I apply one of my hourglass ambient powders as a finishing touch. It doesn't get shiny or break my skin out, will definitely continue to buy. Another great product from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by xsupersophx44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Literally LOVE this. It's so beautiful and it traces your skin looking lovely and healthy. If you're one of those people who are in love with dewy and glowing finishes I really think you should get this. It's not too expensive either depending on how much you are willing to spend. I have normal/ combination skin but I do get flaky around my nose and this is honestly p.e.r.f.e.c.t! It doesn't cling to flakes and it doesn't look greasy on more combination/oily skin although I think if you have oily skin that you should set it with a powder to maintain the glow but stop it from looking shiny. I would definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by millbluebell

I have been using this product for 9 months and use the shade "C1". The bottle contains alot, and with almost everyday use it has lasted me for 9 months, so well worth the value on that front. I would recommend only using a little, as a little goes a long way and it spreads and blends well. However, it is a very thin coverage foundation, and I have a red undertone and this always shows through even if I double layer it. It is not a thick coverage so I would not recommend for acne coverage, however does not cause breakouts when used with a primer, so using a thick coverage concealer, if you feel you need it, would be the only way to cover imperfections with this foundation. I have oily skin in my T-zone, and it always looks oily here, however on the rest of my face looks dewy. It doesn't last long and you will get max. 4-5 hours wear before it deteriorates completely and re-application is required. I would recommend for natural looks if you have almost flawless skin however any other skin type would not really benefit from using this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

I adore the packaging on this foundation, nice light plastic bottle, tired of carrying around heavy glass bottles that weigh more then the foundation inside of them.

I wear this as my everyday foundation, nice light texture, feels more like a moisturizer then a foundation. I also love how this is water based, I break out from EVERYTHING that touches my face. First foundation I've been using for months and have yet to have a breakout or dry blotchy patch on my face.

You get ALOT of production in that tiny bottle, a bottle lasts me roughly 3-4 months which is amazing since I use it every day and I could blow through a drugstore product in a single month. I find I barely use any but I still get a decent coverage. I have acne and oily skin, this doesn't make me oily but it also doesn't hide my acne very well, you can build it but again it won't build up to heavy coverage, I'd say its more a light coverage. Nothing a little concealer can't fix!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the generic-ness of this foundation. Its no frills packaging, no SPF, no bells and whistles. I got it originally to literally use on my body as my neck and chest are SO red and blotchy. It blends that w/o looking fake. But don't wear w white. On my face it's filled a spot in my foundation arsenal for a light night time almost tinted moisturizer type thing id put on my face say after a shower but before I wana go makeup free, or for a natural look during the day over my CC in neutralize, it's very versatile. Coverage is light w a sheen. But a very chic dewy-type sheen not a grease pit. I do set this *very* lightly w MSFN in medium (I took a C1 in the foundation as I wanted to neutralize some redness). Shades though are probably pretty forgiving as it's so light. Don't over-powder or will ruin the finish. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently, and this is my new favourite everyday foundation. Lasts all day, minimal transfer, and easy to apply. Sheer coverage that you can build in thin layers.

Love the natural light dewy finish, and it really does even out the skin tone! It doesn't completely cover scars and spots, so you'll still need a concealer.

Throughout the day, I touch up shiny spots with Benefit's Zero Shine powder, and looks like I had just done my makeup versus other foundations where they start to look cakey after a couple of touch ups throughout the day

It's well worth the price for the amount of product you get!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acne-prone skin that sometimes gets dry, flaky spots. For my skin, the biggest risk factor is what I put on it. I decided to give MAC Face and Body a shot, since it seems texturally thin. It looks a bit oily upon application, but dries down to an acceptable matte within about half an hour. Sadly, though, every time I wear it, I end up with one very large blemish somewhere on my face. It's possible I'm allergic to an ingredient; I break out with multiple similar blemishes if I eat anything with soy protein in it. I have much better results with L'Oreal Magic Nude (very liquid, light coverage, but enough to tone down discolorations) and my new favorite, which isn't really a foundation, Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (looks airbrushed on my skin, no breakouts, and I'm totally amazed by it).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I love this!

A little bit about my skin. My skin is normal combination. Normal on the cheeks and a bit oily on the tzone. Its also dehydrated but not dry. i have a few breakouts a month which leave discolaration. I got Chronic Fatique Syndrom so my skin always looks quite tired, non glowy and i got dark under eye cirkles.
I use the shade C1 and C2 in summer.
my other shades:
Ysl le teint touche eclat in B30
Chanel Vitalumiere in B20
Nars Sheer Glow in Ceylan.

So this foundation dubbles for a light coverage foundation and a medium coverage foundation as Its very buildable.
When I have a bad skin day or a party i can layer this to a medium coverage which makes the slight acne scarring on my cheeks almost dissapear..

On a normal day i can use it as a light coverage on my forhead and nose so my freckles will still show. My skin on my forhead and nose is good so i dont feel like i need much coverage there. Just a bit evening out maybe. (Plus heavy coverage on my nose makes it always look very cakey) On my cheeks and chin i build this up to cover my discolarations.

On a non makeup day when you dont really want to wear anything on your face but need a bit of a glow you can just put this on very sheer.

So thats 1 foundation for my 3 most used looks!!!!!!!

The finish is natural. Not too dewy not matte either. Just normal healthy skin.
I powder my t zone lightly so it wont look flat but still keeps shine in check.

So ladies... if you like a light natural look but also a medium coverage look which is still natural... GET THIS.