February 28, 2015 | 1941 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2015 10:57:00 AM More reviews by dylanVoDkAwifey0911

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up while I was in Paris. I have very dry skin so the lady recommended this stuff in shade C2. I would not recommend putting this on your body because it covers nothing and also transfers like crazy. So if you care about your clothes, don't use this anywhere other than your face. The consistency is very runny, watery...it still has a slightly chalky feeling to it though. Once it is applied, it is extremely tacky, quite cloying and makes me look like an oil slick. The coverage is minimum but evens out my complexion very nicely. It gives my normally ruddy coloring a nice warm Kimmy K style glow.

But you need to put powder over this foundation. Because it is just way too wet looking to go without. Only thing is: once you add powder, it makes this foundation separate and look very gunky + unsightly. Even though this foundation is very runny and light, it feels incredibly heavy on my skin. Much heavier than my Studio Fix Fluid.

In simple terms, I use this foundation to thin out my heavier foundations so they become runnier and easier to blend, instead of using moisturiser, so that the foundation doesn't lose too much coverage or get watered down in terms of color. Because this is so wet and Studio Fix Fluid is so dry and matte, what I do is mix the two together and I come up with the perfect consistency and coverage for my skin. On it's own however, it doesn't hold up well. Another overly hyped product from MAC unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2015 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Leialilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good everyday sheer foundation for dry skin. I dug this out and have remembered how gorgeous it is on super dry skin, it is thin, watery and moisturising and goes on best with fingers to give a sheer bit of colour.

Coverage is light, medium at best after a couple of layers. I find that you must let it dry between layers and before powdering too to get the best finish. It can be tacky when first applied but dries to a dewy finish. Concealer applied after its dried can give extra coverage.

I don't see how this foundation would work on oily skin at all, it is far too dewy, but maybe normal skin with powder?
Packaging is great, price is good for the amount of product you get, 50 ml is more than most standard foundations and the 120 ml is fantastic value.
Only thing is would say is it isn't the most long lasting foundations on me, is does say long wearing on Mac website but this does start to wear off on me by late afternoon. How I've got around this is by mixing it with other foundations if I need longevity.
Mac studio sculpt mixes wonderfully with this!

Last thing is this foundation photographs so so well! No flashback ever, I can see why it's such a makeup artist favourite.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2015 7:51:00 AM More reviews by implorer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

hm. not too sure how i feel about this one!

basically: do not bother unless you're prepared to invest in a powder as well.

i spent $AU50 on this foundation with the expectation that it would be fabulous considering mac's reputation and unfortunately, i feel like it doesn't quite stack up.

my skin is fairly unproblematic but i do get some oil around the nose area, so i was hoping for sheer coverage that didn't leave me looking shiny. i was pretty unimpressed immediately after application as i looked like an oily mess! the foundation itself is super liquidy. it was only after i let the foundation dry for quite a few minutes that the shine started to reside, and even then it still felt very wet. it wasn't until i added a cheap pharmacy brand powder that i actually started liking the result.

so basically, this foundation + a powder (+ concealer) will give you a lovely result, but when i'm paying this much for a product i sort of wish i didn't need any extras in order for it to actually work, especially considering i've never required powder for a foundation before!

also, beware! this foundation DOES oxidise and slightly change colour if you don't use it pretty much every day. i've heard that leaving the bottle in the fridge stops it oxidising but i haven't tried it myself. and don't bother using a foundation brush! it'll just eat up all the product and take ages to clean because of how liquidy it is.

pros:
– the eventual end result was nice
– bottle makes application simple enough
– buying mac products makes me feel like an adult

cons:
– i am really fair-skinned and even the lightest shade makes me slightly orange
– it may turn you into an oil machine
– hefty price for something that doesn't totally deliver

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2015 8:44:00 PM More reviews by sgnewbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm ok with this foundation, but definitely not repurchasing - I even gave away my current 120ml bottle.

I really like the packaging and that's why it's 3 lippies instead of 2.

Product: Very liquid, watery like texture.

Application: TACKY. No kidding this is the tackiest foundation I've ever used. Even thicker foundation like the ELF acne fighting foundation is not as tacky as this. U can feel it sticking to ur skin - making it feel heavy. Not lightweight at all.

Finish: Gives a nice healthy glow, which I'm not fond of as I'm oily.

Coverage: Very very sheer, don't expect this to cover your scars / hyper pigmentation.

Also, it broke me out just after a usage. Rarely do I break out but I guess mac foundations just have the same formula all round, I'll just stick to my beloved pro longwear concealer as a quick foundation fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2015 1:24:00 PM More reviews by adeleme

My favorite foundation! Very natural looking, makes me look polished, but still makes me feel like it's my skin I'm presenting to e world and not a layer of cake. Sheer coverage. On days when I need more, I use a concealer for help with hormone ravaged war zones. Also love the packaging, no waste. I squeeze a bit on the back of my hand and then use a stippling brush or a thick, flat top liquid/cream use brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2015 2:46:00 PM More reviews by viciousvices

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those girls who embraces her oily t-zone and likes a fresh, sheer, dewy look for daily wear. I don't have great skin - although I rarely break out, I do get really red blemishes sometimes, and I have a lot of redness around my nose - but I don't like full coverage or a heavy foundation for a day to day basis. For a while I was trying out bb creams and not finding that they were what I was looking for, so I splurged and tried this out.

*Price: It is expensive, and I use it 3-4 times a week, but I find that I'm going through the 120mL bottle a lot slower than I imagined I would be.
*Packaging: A nice plastic bottle where you can see how much you have left, I like that you can squirt the product out to your preference.
*Product: Very running and liquidy, feels slippery when applied and stays really wet until it's set with powder. It's very sheer. It's water based so it doesn't do too well on top of most of my primers, which are silicone based. For daily wear, I don't really use primer anyway. Lightly fragranced.
*Positives: Evens my skin tone, cancels some (not all) of my redness, is water-resistant and luminous. It also lasts really well and is truly light coverage (almost no coverage, to be honest) but is buildable to a medium. This will be amazing during the summer when used over an SPF (as it has none).
*Negatives: To me, there are no negatives. I wanted a sheer, luminous, lightweight product to wear to school that lasts and evens my skintone, and it does just that. But if you are looking for more coverage, you'll need to layer this, or use a concealer over top. Some concealers don't blend well onto this, given the texture of the foundation, and it's sticky if you don't set it with a powder.

I apply this with a RT Buffing Brush, put my Mac prolongwear concealer over top for my undereyes, my nose, and any other spots I want to cover, set everything with a powder, lock it in place with a setting spray, and my face will look the same from 9AM to 6PM. If the price makes you hesitant, trust me when I say a little goes a long way, so you won't have to worry about using this up too fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2015 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JANINE1989X

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Ive read a lot of mixed reviews on this foundation but decided to take the risk and try it myself.

The foundation itself is light but build able, if you have blemishes you will need to hide these with concealer. Plenty of product in the bottle but you will need to use more than your average sized foundation depending on the look you are wanting to achieve.

Overall i really like this foundation for a natural daytime wear. would i buy again? - yes but i do like to experiment with different foundations so wouldn't necessarily repurchase as soon as the product has gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2015 9:35:00 AM More reviews by blandest813

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is absolutely wonderful, but you need to know what to expect from it. It is great if you are looking to just even out your skin tone, not if you need to cover anything major, that's what concealer is for anyway, right? It also leaves the most beautiful dewy finish, which is great for dry to normal skin types, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend if your skin is on the oiler side. I also love the color match! I'm about an NC25-35 and C3 is perfect on me. It is a tiny bit too dark when I am my palest, but it's so sheer that it just adds a beautiful kinda bronzy glow instead of looking like my face and neck are two different colors. C3 is also a lovely color if you have an olive skin tone, because it slightly has a green tint to it, which is soooo hard to find. Overall, this foundation is a great buy if you need sheer coverage and your skin is on the drier side. Just make sure to clean your skin really well afterwards, because it can cause a few pimples here and there if you're not careful! Other than that though I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2015 1:40:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Mac Face and Body foundation is a lightweight and for me light to medium buildable coverage foundation.

Although it’s a foundation which will separate and therefore requires shaking, it is very much still a traditional foundation, just a lot runnier. It is water not alcohol based.

The shade range is great, catering for warm and neutral undertones. The C shades are more yellow based skin. As it is sheer and very blendable you can go slightly darker with this and get the same look on the skin when it blends. NC15 studiofix can try C1 or C2. NC 20 will be C2.

Dry skin? Yes it doesn’t accentuate dry patches.

Oily skin? Will slip off with oil even though it is water proof it is not oil proof! Works well with a setting powder but again it is not very long lasting (even with primer). Make sure you remove it with an oil based cleanser.

Large pores/pitting? It won’t hide them as after a few hours it will settle into pores.

Finish? Gorgeous slightly dewy healthy looking skin. However, I can feel it on it stays wet-ish feeling so will transfer a lot especially if you have oily skin.

Value for money – great value! This is a 50ml size for just over twenty pounds, it comes also in 120ml.

see my picture for comparison to fusion ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2015 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. I have extremely dry skin and it makes my skin look so glowy and pretty. It doesn't emphasize dry patches too badly, and really, that is all I ask. It offers sheer to medium coverage, depending on how many layers you apply. I apply it with my fingers because it offers a more dewy finish than if I apply it with a brush. The texture is creamy, smooth, quite runny, and lasts all day on me. I wear the shade C2 and it matches me very well. I think there's a shade for everyone. I don't think oily skinned people will do well with this foundation. I think it's more for very dry to combination skinned people but even if you're on the oilier side, you will have to blot. I don't need to because I'm very dry but I can see oilier people needing to. I do have one qualm about the packaging because it tends to get quite messy. But I really recommend this foundation.