October 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lady Like

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my go-to polishes! It is a fantastic neutral that goes with everything. No shimmer, but if I want a shimmer I put one coat of Sinful Colors' glass pink or social ladder over top two coats of this polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This is your standard I have no idea what I want to put on but need something polishes. This pink/plum toned mauve is so subtle but goes with everything you are wearing . A perfect neutral . I call it my interview color. It's not loud and will work with a suit or pants and a sweater and take you through a night out too. It's a cream shade so no frost or shimmer. Essie polishes for me have always been good for being on the higher price side of a drug store polish. I work for a manufacturer so I'm not only on a keyboard in the office but in the warehouse as well. Normal wear for me is about 2-3 days. with Essie a base and a top coat I have pushed this to 4 days and even taken it though to my part time job at a medical spa without looking dull and chipped. So if you are looking for a neutral long lasting polish that will look perfect on any length of nail try this one! This is a standard in my polishes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by rosebud222

This is an original, pretty neutral shade. It's a perfect blend of light purple and gray, and maybe just a touch a beige in their too. In darker lighting it looks almost completely soft grey but in daylight (direct or indirect) it shows a lovely soft purple with slight facets of light grey. It's very work appropriate btw. I know that this is going to be one of my new favorite shades, especially when I want a break from red or light pinks. This shade is elegant but not stuffy or boring. It applies extremely easily, not bubbles, streaks, and bald spots. Seems to be lasting rather well, although not quite as well as other essie polishes I own due to a slight retracting of the polish at the tip of the nails, but it's not that noticeable. a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Haleys18

When I first saw this on the shelf I knew I had to have it. When I wore it for the first time I was not very fond of it at all however. But I kept it on and started seeing how it was a gorgeous blend of purple, gray and occasionally a pale blue/pink. With noticing this, I appreciated how polished and tidy it made my nails look. I got many compliments on it also! :) It counts to me as a "neutral". Definitely my must have color out of my collection. Will buy again if need be.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by arinya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This colour can be a pretty nude colour for some people. For me, I'm still looking for my perfect nude colour. For those who love this colour, Dior's incognito can be a good dupe. It is a slightly pinker version of lady like. I was trying it on at sephora the other day, and I happened to be wearing lady like that day, they look almost identical.

will i buy it again: maybe. i'm also willing to try other brands. a lot of them have similar colours as lady like as well

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SHEMP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this shade in the bottle but once I applied it I thought it was too muted for me...too much of a mauve shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by charcharr13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Essie's Lady Like was my first polish I purchased from Essie. This is honestly the polish that got me started on my obsessive collection--haha. This polish is a super gorgeous mauve color that leans a little less nude on my skintone and more like a muted purple. The application is flawless though! 2 coats are all you need for a perfect opacity and I started using it when I was still getting the hang of painting my nails and it looked good--there's a lot of forgiveness in this polish. I believe this color could work for essentially every skin tone and I've worn it in all seasons- the best part of a neutral/nude is that it is flexible in that sense. Definitely worth the $8 it is a unique color to have in your collection!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Liliaceae2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have always wanted to have a nail polish in this color, so when I saw the pictures online I was really amazed and knew I just HAD to have it. But when I finally got my bottle, it didn't seem to look so nice.
Finally the day came when I was to wear it. I usually paint my nails while sitting by the window, so that I have lots of natural light, which helps me seeing if there's an imperfection or something. And then I was SO disappointed! It looked like a rather ugly grey-ish nude, when I was actually expecting a very light mauve.
I decided to go on and give it a chance. Good I did. Once I went back to my room, I could see a very nice light shade of lilac, which seriously reminded me of blueberry yoghurt, just lighter. And somehow I never went back to seeing that ugly greige again, even when I was outdoors.
It's not exactly what I had in mind, but I really love love the color. It's so cute somehow, and looks very soft and classy.
As for the application and drying time, they were both very good. Essie's brush is by far my favorite. It also seems to last quite long.
I just really wish they'd take off those ugly stickers from the bottles.
I won't think twice before buying it when I run out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by PeachRainDrops

Absolutely love this polish. Perfect nude color! I usually get manicures with gel on top, and the polish always looks so dry which only gets worse after a week. This polish has a jelly finish and it isn't streaky. I loved the way it looked under the gel even after a week!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my top 5 nail polishes from Essie! It goes on absolutely smooth on the first coat. The color is flattering and is just a tad bit warmer and than Tickle My Francey from OPI.