Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 2/5/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

These have great color payoff, even on the waterline, and apply so smoothly and easily. I love the fine tip, which makes lining at the base of the lashline, much easier. I have Espresso and Black, but usually stick to the brown because black is harsher for daytime wear. The only con is that because the formula is so soft, it does tend to smudge, but most liners I have tried smudge, so maybe I have oily eyelids or something. I have gone through so many of these over the years, and I will probably continue to repurchase!

on 1/9/2015 1:24:00 AM

I have been using this as a staple liner since 2005. It is the only one that would go on smoothly and last all day. EXCEPT RECENTLY. I don't know what is going on, but every one I purchase now breaks so easily! Not only the actual product, but also the tube it is dispensed from. It is incredibly disappointing because this is such a great eyeliner! :(

on 12/1/2014 1:59:00 AM

This was my HG eyeliner for 10 years (I used black onyx). Even when it smudged and faded a bit, it still looked decent, it was a good price, and the application tip was the best I'd ever used-so easy and precise! Unfortunately, the last 2 sticks I've had have been very different. It seems much softer and gloppier and almost immediately runs all over my face. It doesn't stay in place at all and feels so goopy. Even just putting a little between my top lashes to fill them in makes it transfer down to my lower lid and under my eyes. I don't know if I just got a bad batch, or if the ingredients/formula has changed. I don't even like using it as a backup. I may try one more stick, but I'm hesitant. So disappointed, I loved this stuff!

on 11/9/2014 1:45:00 PM

I have been using the espresso color for years, and I always, always, always go back to this liner for every day use. I also use Benefit liner, Urban Decay, and Bobbi Brown, so before you snub your nose up at me and say I don't know what real liner is like...think again. This isn't the best eyeliner in the world. Yes, it wears off. If you rub your eyes or sweat, then yeah, it's going to smudge. But I put it on in the morning, go to work, do my thing, go out to eat, and then come home, and have absolutely no issues with the smudging. It obviously isn't as thick or vibrant as it was in the morning, but it's still there and I don't look like a panda. It's easy to apply, cheap, and I think the pigment is really pretty good for a drugstore eyeliner. It is literally like $6, give it a shot!

on 8/15/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

To be honest this makes a terrible eyeliner but works wonders for my brows. The darkest shade is not very pigmented at all and it is also not creamy so it pokes and stabs at my eye during application. But for my eyebrows it is great because the color is more of a natural black rather than the jet black i was hoping for so my eyebrows wont look too harsh. The pencil is very pointed and precise so I personally use it just to flick out the tail of my brows a bit since I'm not big on completely filling them in. When used for my brows it is surprisingly comparable to the Anastasia Brow Whiz but for a much cheaper price. When I run out i will repurchase but ONLY for my brows, definitely NOT as an eyeliner!

on 6/13/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After applying this eye liner, I was impressed with the smoothness and easy application. Within two hours, it was nearly gone and all that could be found was the fine line by my eyelashes. Such a bummer.... FYI, I have the "espresso"

on 3/6/2014 8:16:00 PM

Baaaad! I used this for a couple of years because I didn't know any better...smears, wears off, and color isn't pigmented. Will not buy again now that I know better!

on 2/5/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

As many people have pointed out, this eyeliner WILL smudge. So I would not recommend this for people with monolids or people with hooded lids

I have this eyeliner in brown, and I've noticed that the color payoff is not very good - the color looking like eyeliner that you've smudged out alot.

There are tons of better eyeliners out ther so stay away!

on 12/30/2013 8:17:00 PM

It smears very much. I only line my top lids, and still ended up with raccoon eyes! Not good

on 12/2/2013 12:37:00 AM

It's like any other liner...smudgy and it's not durable when using. The tip broke off twice on me. Waist of product.