January 26, 2015 | 1476 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Gotbug12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer is amazing. It makes my face feel like silk. It's a gel like formula with no smell to it that I can detect. A small sized amount goes a very long way. I 100% notice my foundation lasting longer, going on smoother and overall just looking better when I use this. Well worth the price in my opinion. Both my mother and myself were never big fans of primers until we found this one. I recommend to anyone looking for a primer that prolongs the wear time and look of foundation. I don't find the price to bad because one tube lasts me over 6 months. Have repurchased, will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:16:00 PM More reviews by palebarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years. Its so perfectly amazing. I also use Tarte's pore primer for the t-zone, but this one finishes off the skin before foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 6:30:00 PM More reviews by mistressKC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle, but I usually buy the travel sizes since it lasts me such a long time. It's a pretty decent primer. A little goes a long way on your face. It does help the foundation last longer on my skin and apply better vs not using a primer. When I lived in San Jose I thought this product was amazing at keeping my bb cream and mineral foundations on my face. Now that I live in Sacramento and I'm using a Covergirl liquid foundation it seems ok - better than nothing but not amazing. So I guess your experience will vary on what foundation and face products you use on top of it and what moisturizers and sunscreens you use prior. I haven't done extensive testing but just had different experiences from the same product. It does not seem hide your pores that much for me. It does help hold off the oiliness longer than without using a primer, but your oil will still shine through eventually. Overall, I found my makeup works better with it than without it but it hasn't blown my mind yet.

Maybe by the time I purchase this primer for the 3rd time using different face products I'll have decided how I really feel about it. I know the full size products are so expensive so if you want to try it out first, buy the travel size and try it out with different face products. See how you really feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:46:00 PM More reviews by PriscillaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this after reading all of the good reviews and it was just ok in my opinion. It does have a silky feel to it once applied and a little goes a long way. However, I didn't notice it making my foundation last any longer than without it. I seen on Pinterest that you could use the monistat chaffing gel as a dupe and I tried it and it's the exact same thing. So I would rather buy the gel for cheaper and get the same exact effect and quality

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Makeup8910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer is a decent 'all-rounder'. You literally need a tiny amount to use it as a little goes a long way with this product! It has a pleasant smell to it and is really easy to apply and almost silky smooth.

Does it make a difference to how long my makeup lasts? The jury is out on this one for me. My makeup does last a long time but I am currently back using Estée Lauder DW which is renowned for its lasting power, so not sure if it's the foundation or the primer that's doing the job.

Anyway, due to how nice it feels on I'll keep using it for now. I should add, I'm an acne sufferer and this doesn't make me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did not make my makeup last longer. Accentuated my pores instead of concealing them. Any powder, blush or bronzer looked bad on top of this. Not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the worst oily, acne prone skin. I've tried all of the oil free primers, the silicone free primers, but always come back to this one. I think it's the best at holding foundation in place without making my skin oiler or causing breakouts. The ingredients in this one are safe and simple for skin like mine. I highly recommend this primer for oily skinned gals!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Pukkalicious

I've never been a big primer gal, I thought that it would block my pores and cause more spots/ blackheads (you know the fun stuff).

Anyway, my friend have me hers to try as she is a makeup guru and she said this would be perfect for my combination/ hormonal spot prone skin. I use it with my Bareminerals powder foundation and it really helps to keep everything in place, without causing any reactions.

I don't know which ingredients are good, bad or downright poisonous for your skin but if you're looking for a lightweight primer and have combination skin, give this a go, I'm a convert!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by awdorkable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this primer for awhile now, I made the switch from the smasbox regular primer to the light version..since it is supposed to control oil better. Overall, I am impressed with how it works. It goes on nice and smooth, and has no smell to it. I use such a tiny amount (a tiny dab) so the tube lasts me at least 6 months. This fills in my pores and fine lines so that my foundation goes on smoothly overtop. It does help a lot with controlling oil, but I think a lot of it has to do with choosing a foundation that is good at controlling oil as well. I personally use MAC pro longwear and they work amazing together. My makeup lasts all day, through the summer heat and working without budging.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Savytt

I was SO disappointed after using this product. I had read such hype on this primer and could not wait to experience the miracles of longer lasting make up myself. The very first time I used this product it mixed terribly into my skin creating an almost grainy texture. I also believe this product to be the culprit to my constant chin out breaks grr. Just completely disappointed will not purchase again. I prefer the POREfessional by Benefit, it provided the results I wanted to see!