December 19, 2014 | 1683 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Glamour Ultra Black

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this mascara but I don't think it's any thing special. It's a mascara I use when I can't find anything better. It does make your lashes defined and doesn't clump (though if you do more than two coats it will) but doesn't add to length or curl, though I don't think it claims to. In my mind this is a basic mascara, theres nothing really bad about it, there are just many better options.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Meh. That's my one adjective to describe this mascara.
Does it give volume glamour as the name says? Not really, at least not by my definition.
It does give reasonable length and you can layer the mascara for volume but it's not worth the trouble. I will say that I like nice, voluminous lashes and this one took several coats for that.
I think if you're blessed with decent lashes to begin with, this would be a good mascara for added dimension.

The formula is creamy and I think it would dry out faster than other mascaras.
It has a tendency to flake a bit too and removal is easy.

It's not worth the $18 CAD price tag as there are other mascaras for less money that perform better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by littlem0tel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Have been using this product and the curling version for over a year now, I used to use the Bourjois clubbing mascara but found it too thick and hard to remove at the end of the day. This product is really lightweight but can be built up for nights out to create the thick false lash effect. I love how dark this product is especially for those days I don't want to bother with eyeshadow or eyeliner. The mascara doesn't do much for length however I have fairly long lashes anyway so this doesn't bother me. The product never clumps or smudges, my lashes look thick without looking sticky or overloaded. Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by monochromex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

After my Red Earth mascara has started to dry out and I wanted something different for a change, I went on a hunt for the perfect mascara for me: one that lengthens lashes naturally and is light-weight and perfect for everyday use. So I was watching one of Lisa Eldridge's videos with a guest makeup artist Mary Greenwell (Video title: Cate Blanchett Make up Look with Guest Artist Mary Greenwell) who have done a lovely and effortless makeup look. I've noticed that she has used a rather cheap drugstore mascara (the one which I'm currently reviewing) Coming from a respected artist like Mary or Lisa, I thought that this can't go wrong.
So I bought it and gave it a try, and my wasn't I stunned with the result! Exactly what I wanted! On the first coat, I had dark longer lashes that were perfectly separated, there was no need for a lash comb to separate. After wearing it during the day, I didn't notice any creasing or lashes being weighed down, keeping in mind that it's over 40 degrees Celsius where I live. I even continue wearing it till evening and it's still the same! I can also achieve a more dramatic and thicker lash look with another coat or two for an evening look.
The only down side about this mascara is that I noticed my lashes falling after removing the mascara, I barely have lashes and they are short, so I can't afford losing them. I don't know if it's me and my body being fragile or the mascara. But all in all, it's a great mascara and excellent for the price! MY HG MASCARA!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG of mascaras - perfect every time. No clumping or smudging. Texture is perfect - not too thick or runny. Nice and black with good volume. The curling version doesn't seem much different either. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Tip is to not apply too many coats - one or two is enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

I have pretty short but full lashes, so i was really curious about this mascara..
I bought this 5 days ago and i gotta tell ya that this has both good and bad qualities...

Goods:

Price is to expensive
Applying more than 2 coats will be very clumpy
Bad smell
Too much=Spidery eyelashes
Does not do the right amount of volume its says it should

I feel like this mascara is NOT bad...but the reason i wont repurchase it is because im pretty experimental when it comes to mascaras plus it is pretty expensive for its quality...i dont feel like im IN LOVE with it, but i will keep on using it until the very end.....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Aydamrh

I read a lot of mixed reviews online about this mascara so I decided to buy it n find out for myself, I have to say its the worst mascara I've ever used. I had to apply 3 coats and after all this time it made my lashes really clumpy and spidery :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

I like this mascara but it didn't blow me away. It's very black and adds some volume but its not in the false lash effect category at all, and not dramatic enough for nighttime.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by morninglorya

Like others said, gives lashes very pretty soft look. However, the reason I love this mascara is not the volume, but length (very surprisingly). I prefer to use another volumizing mascara for the bottom coat (Maybelline VolumeExpress is shockingly good when paired with this!) and use this to perfect the lashes.

All in all, great purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I regret buying this because it cost about $20 CAD. The product goes on lovely, nice black color, fringy, separated, soft looking lashes. BUT before the end of the day, the mascara is mostly worn off (I've never had a mascara fade noticeably before) and there is definite grey smudge below the lower lash (I dont even apply on the lower lash line). If this looked all day like it looks in the morning, I would probably purchase this again, although it is NOT dramatic at all.