December 21, 2014 | 1233 users online

Liquid - Dior - DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This certainly is a great foundation. I am a MAC NW20 and I use 10 even though I would probably wear 20 in summer. The texture is awesome, it reminds me of my other HG liquid fdtn Biotherm Light!, only Forever stays flawless all day long and looks even more natural and is super liquid (which makes it sooo easy to blend). You CANNOT detect that you are wearing fdtn and neither can anybody else. I have oily but dehydrated skin and while this keeps me matte all day long (with my HG setting powder) it also keeps me nicely hydrated. Coverage is GREAT with NO trace (not even a tiny little one) of visible MU on your fave (even those telltale dry patches look great). Definitely recommend this

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by eponine121

Pros: Goes on lovely, easy to apply, easy to blend, feels smooth.

Cons: changes colour a little while after you apply it - darkens.
Caused terrible breakout.

Would Not buy again - sales assistant said it was non-comedogenic, oil-free etc, contacted Dior after breaking out terribly from it and they confirmed it is NOT non-comedogenic, and it is NOT oil-free!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by onyxlioness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was given a sample of this by a lovely SA when I was looking at Shiseido's Dual Balancing Foundation in Very Light Ivory. As I have trouble finding anything pale enough I was grateful and glad to give it a go.

My first impressions were that you need to be quick with this one as it dries on your face VERY quickly and cements so there's no blending this one.

Secondly the fragrance of it hit me in the face quite strongly. I don't normally have a problem with this sort of thing but it was over powering beyond belief.

Just as I'd almost finished I felt a tingling which quickly escalated into an itching on my face, my bad I didn't patch test it first, so I very quickly moved to take this one off.

Make up remover, cleanser and a face washer later I was still struggling to strip this stuff off my face, my boyfriend joked that they must have mixed it with flour to generate the clag-like residue I could NOT get off my face.

Make up wipes later I've never been so glad to go back to my Shiseido, I'm sure my face breathed a sigh of relief too.

In short:
- Cement coverage, which some may like, personally I didn't.
- Over powering fragrance which may have sparked an irritation.
- Seemingly patchy coverage regardless of application.
- Incredibly hard to remove!

Glad it was a sample is all I can say, will absolutely stick to Shiseido from now on

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by shinkirux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a hard time finding my shade only because I went to sephora at my local mall and the lady wasnt interested in finding me the right color for some reason, she just kept swatching obviously wrong ones in my face but I ended up getting color number 021 without her help and the consistency was a bit different for some reason with the new one I bought. At sephora it was thicker, but with the new one it was really runny and a bit messy. When I put it on my face, however, it went on really smooth, and it almost felt like a water gel gliding over my face. I have really, really sensitive skin and all kinds of allergies but the extra money I spent on Dior was worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by juleslaw

I really wanted to like this based on the reviews. I was looking for a medium coverage foundation that was long lasting and good for oily skin. I have oily skin all over, with extremely oily skin in the T-zone. I also have problems with redness and consider my skin MILDLY sensitive. This foundation did not work for me, because of my sensitive skin. The foundation caused me to breakout and itch. I have no idea which ingredient caused my skin to do this, but suspect it was not the strong fragrance because my skin really isn't reactive to fragranced products. I also did not like the coverage. It seems light to me when applied with a foundation brush, not medium coverage. I also did not like the "sink into skin, no noticeable trace of foundation" effect. Something about the effect made the coverage poor (it was impressive, though, how there was no noticeable trace of foundation). I will not repurchase, and hope that Nordies lets me return this. Right now I'm stiking LM Silk Creme, which in retrospect I wonder why i ever strayed from it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Dundrumlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a long wear foundation that lasts all day but does not ruin my skin for ages....and at last have found it!!!! I paid 43 euro for this on a dior counter in dundrum from a really helpful assistant who tried it on me and let me go outside to natural light to check the colour. 10 is perfect for me. It really does last the whole day without needing a touch up and when i remove it my skin is fine. I found when i used dw before when i removed it my skin looked worse and worse but thank God its not the same way with forever. Coverage is good, a normal medium. You can build it up a bit if you want more and it feels light on the skin.

Love this foundation, its the best i have ever tried and will definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great full coverage foundation and I did RUN and buy it when I heard that this has such a great coverage like MAC stufio Fix has also! I am MAC NW20 and I bought the Dior 022 which is honestly a little bitlighter than MAC NW 20 but also a better shade for me as the MAC NW 20 is a little too dark. But as it is a full coverage foundation it can look cakey if used too much. It has just a little downside for me: it braks me out. I can not use this foundation 2 days a rowe because it gives me zits to places I usually never get zits. I usually never get zits out of anything! I could put oil on my face and stil be fine. However I think that the problem might be my cleansing routine, I might need some more powerfull cleanser after using this foundation, since it is- after all- called diorskin FOREVER. Sos omething that is made to stay on Forever, probably needs some real hardcore stuff to get cleansed properly, just a cleansing towel probably wont do it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by sm23

Good , medium coverage. Looks natural although tends to oxidise to an orangey shade if not thoroughly blended. Staying power is decent, particularly with MAC Blot powder on top.
My only complaint is that, as usual, the lightest shade is still a tad too dark for my NC15 skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by nverno

I am LOVING this!! It provides a lightweight feel and a very natural-matte looking finish, yet I get an almost full-coverage, long-wearing and smoothing foundation! I have small acne scars that are on the sides of my cheeks that I am really self conscious about, and this is the perfect foundation because it smooths them out and hides the discoloration, and honestly, it doesn't even look like I am wearing anything at all. I don't think I need any additional concealer with this foundation. Forever foundation also did not cause me to breakout.

I am so picky and I can never find the correct color (I am really pale with yellow undertones, but my face is very cool and light... it's hard to explain). The (022) color is perfect. Wow I am so sorry I overlooked this gem. My new favorite. Even though it's slightly expensive in comparison to some of the other foundations I purchase (Laura Mercier, Makeup Forever, Estee Lauder, Sephora, ect..), I would most definitely re-buy this and recommend this to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by deprived55

This is a really great foundation. It has great coverage and colors. I have found the key is to use a light quick hand when applying. I have used a foundation brush and sponge when applying this and found that it goes on too thick. I would say that this is more for the winter months with its heavy coverage and thick consistency. It does have a strong perfume smell to it. And the pump sometimes dispenses a little more than I need. Overall, I recommend this foundation.