MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product. I do not use shadows on a daily basis, what I do instead is apply Mac Painterly, then line my upper lashes with a soft kohl pencil and wing out slightly, then lightly blend my bronzer in and just above my crease with a fluffy brush. This is my go-to eye look, the Painterly is the perfect base for the other products. The Painterly shade, while almost undetectable, creates a 'put together' sophisticated overall look. I can't be without it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this as a base or a primer color on my eyes and then I can get a natural look and it does work as a primer for me I like this product for a soft smokey eye .

on 7/21/2015 6:16:00 PM

I really loved this. It's creamy, easy to use, and lasts forever. It holds my make up in place, and I felt like it made my eyeshadow "pop" more. I tried using it under my eyes before foundation, and it always creased so that didn't work.

Unfortunately I won't repurchase this or anything from MAC, because they test on animals.

on 7/21/2015 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Best eye primer/ color corrector out there. Highly recommend

on 7/18/2015 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I swatched this in the MAC shop I was actually so surprised by the formula, it was really creamy and smooth, the colour is really nice for my medium asian skin (well in my opinion it is). In australia it is quite pricey, 35aud to be exact but I really wanted to try it out so I bought it. I've been using it for a few days already and so far my eyeshadow hasn't budged at all. I have pretty normal eyelids that only ever get oily when I don't have eyeshadow/eyeshadow primer on them so I don't have any opinion on the oil control on this product since it's never a concern for me, although judging by the finish (which is matte) and the texture of it, it would have really nice oil control. The packaging is a little difficult to get the product out of because I have acrylic nails and the packaging is that typical mac glass pot (like their eyeliners, only bigger) and I can't dip my finger in directly or else my acrylic nails will just scrape the product out (which is messy and unhygenic). I feel like using a spatula to get the product out would be the best option if you were really strict on the hygiene, I also think that I will need to get a spatula once the product gets more used up because my finger wont be able to reach the product properly without my nails getting all up in it. The only problem I have run into with this product is it transferring onto my lashes throughout the day (because I have monolids and my lashes touch my lid pretty much every time I blink/look up) so there was some transferring of the pinkish colour onto my lashes, which wasn't a very good look, but then I instantly realised that this happened because I didn't put any eyeshadow on top of it so it wasn't set yet. If you want to use it as an eyeshadow base but still want to use the painterly colour as the base colour for your lids as well, I really suggest using a translucent powder to set it so it doesn't transfer onto lashes. Overall it's a really great product with really nice pigmentation and for me it's like a 2 in 1 product, it primes my lids as well as providing me with a base colour for my eyelids. I would probably repurchase again, depending on whether it dries out fast or not (I don't know yet since I got it less than a week ago)

on 7/17/2015 7:09:00 PM

MAC must have.
I was surprised by the durability of this product! It does not creases. It lasts a long time, even using it every day.
I would try other shades, but it is pricey.

on 7/12/2015 4:48:00 PM

This was one of my first items that I purchased from MAC which was quite a while ago. The colour is a neutral pinky beige colour. I always use this underneath my eyeshadows as a base/primer or sometimes i would wear it on its own with just a light brown eyeshadow in the crease, liner and mascara. Its a great product and I find that it does make my eyeshadows last a lot longer too and brings out the colour a lot more too.

Its one of my favourite products from MAC and I would really recommend this.

on 7/8/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using mac paint pots for awhile but recently purchased this shade. The reason I never purchased it before was because when I swatched it, it was dark and I felt that it wouldn't look right on my eyes. Anyway they were out of the other color I needed so I went ahead a picked this up. It actually works really good with my skin tone. It covers up the redness and veins on my eyelids and isn't too dark. I even put this under my eye as a concealer base to help it stay longer. I will repurchase this shade from now on.

on 7/4/2015 9:49:00 PM

I use this mostly as a base for my eyeshadow and actually as a small spot concealer! I like the texture of it and it works perfectly as a base.

on 6/28/2015 8:51:00 AM

I have oily, but not excessively oily lids. Gave this product a good year worth of trial and error.

I believed this to be a eye shadow primer. For that it is HORRIBLE. It doesn't help keep it on pretty much at all. I read somewhere to set it with a neutral shade before shadows, didn't work. I read somewhere to use a little more product then your expecting, didnt work.

It is pink so it covers veining in eyes well so if you use it for that it may work for you, but even then it started to come off within 4 hrs. May also work for ppl with dryer lids, but from what I've heard if you have dry lids the ELF primer is amazing. I'd probably try that first if you fit into that category. Don't automatically waste youre money on this.

Top Rated MAC Products