MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great eye base! I thought it would be too pink but blends in perfectly :) not much to say except that it keeps my shadows matte and just looks great.

on 3/17/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eye shadow! It's perfect for a natural look and great for keeping top liner in place. I like to apply mine with a lip brush as it's less messy than using finger and it stays put for ever!

on 3/17/2015 9:09:00 AM

I love this product. I have tried UDPP and the elf primer (try it if you haven't already!) This is the one I will repurchase if it ever runs out. I apply it to my eyelid, then blend it out to my eyebrows. I have little veins above my lids and this covers them, creating a smooth, blank canvas for my eyeshadow. It keeps my eyeshadow vibrant and in place without creasing all day too. My skin is roughly NW15, so I'm very fair with pink undertones. This blends into my skin perfectly, but if you have medium to darker skin then this may well look ashy.

on 2/21/2015 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the MAC paint pots, Painterly is a gorgeous soft pink-toned base. People with yellow undertones should stray away from this product and go towards Soft Ochre.

As for consistency, MAC paint pots are great, they feel smooth and blend easily. You get a fairly good amount because you only need a tiny bit.

I love to use this MAC paint pot to conceal and prime my eyelids prior to eyeshadow application. I wear this everyday, even if I am not wearing any eyeshadow.

A downside is the longevity of the product itself, creams tend to go bad fairly quick (6months to 1year) and so the product could go bad before you use it up.

PROS;
-Smooth
-Pigmentation
-Amount (Only need a bit)

CONS;
-Price
-Longevity of the product

on 2/18/2015 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was a bit too pink and dark for my skin tone to use as an eyeshadow base. Soft ochre is much better for me. It works well as a base to even out my dark eyelids. I need to wear UDPP underneath or it creases. Goes on smoothly though, and the pot will last 6 months to a year as long as it doesn't dry up. Sometimes can be found at the CCO for $13 (I don't know that I'd pay $21 for this at the MAC store).

on 2/16/2015 1:35:00 PM

What can I say...this fixes so many problems, a great base, just an overall staple that will make you look more refreshed, keeps your makeup on longer and cancels out red color on waterline and lid. It kinda does not need a review, but stands out alone as a must to have in your makeup case.

on 2/16/2015 7:48:00 AM

Been using this for a long time and it hasn't dried out. I make sure to close it tightly and store upside down.
It's creamy, very easy to use and makes a great eyeshadow base, smoothing out the lid's surface without drying it out, has good coverage, goes well with quite a lot of skin tones. It does create a good surface to work with your shadows and makes them stand out more.
I've found that spreading it out with fingers works better then with brushes.
A little goes a long way, so a pot lasts a long time.
PACKAGING: sturdy, classic, good looking MAC little glass pot which is an unhygienic concept. You would have to use a sanitized spatula to take it out. A squeeze tube would have been way better.
EYE MAKEUP DURABILITY: It makes my eye shadows and liner last a little longer then they would without anything underneath, but it does not substitute a good primer at all on my oily lids. I still need to use a a primer first, then the paint pot, then top it with a mattifying powder before applying powder shadows, otherwise it will all crease in a couple of hours.
LOOSE EYESHADOWS: It has worked for me also as a base for loose eyeshadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this as an eyeshadow base for years. When I don't want shadows, I use it by itself to take away the redness from my lids & still have a natural look. It does not crease at all & actually seems to take away any oil my lids had before applying it. I have gone through 3 of these in the 8-9 years or so that I have been using it. It lasts forever! I know a lot of people complain about it drying out in the pan, but as long as you're sure to screw the lid on probably, it is perfectly fine!! I have never had one dry out & as I have said, one pot lasts me years. An HG product of mine for sure!!

on 2/2/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love the paint pots, but Painterly isn't for me. I agree with the reviewer who says it makes her look like a corpse. There's something dull about it, even with shadows over it. It does clear up the purplish discoloration on my eyelids, but it's just not the right color for me. I know some people swear by it, but it isn't my favorite. What it does, do, though, is make my shadow last 14+ hours. So in that respect, it's fantastic.

on 1/31/2015 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

Overall I rate this B+. It is a flesh colored neutral matte base with no "life" at all. I can't use it as a shadow or I look like a corpse. But it's a nice base for bringing out the color in my shadows. Doesn't crease and lasts all day. I've had the pot about 1 year now and it's dry and shrunk inside the pot but the product still applies ok.