August 21, 2014 | 1330 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So useful for a quick look. All over the lid and in the crease. Because it is duochrome, it creates a crease shadow. Jus add a bit of black eyeshadow on the lash line and you're good to go. I just toss it because it was starting smellin weird and was starting to be difficult to spread on the lid. I want to try other paint pots but will be repurchasing one day!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Probably my favorite pain pot. Indian wood is a nice neutral PURE gold it's tan/brown undertone makes it universal. All skin tones whether warm, cool or neutral can pull this off because it's not orangey nor yellow like most golds tend to be. I use this as a base for wood winked, all that glitters, sable & sumptuous olive eye shadows. These shadows are gorgeous on their own but on top of indianwood they're even better it really compliments them to stand out.

No problems with creasing, fading or longevity lasts all day until night.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by misssweetmarie

Indianwood is a nice gold/rose-gold color. In the pot I thought it would be too glitzy but it ends up being okay on. With my blue eyes it's a nice touch but I am certain there are cheaper options out there - especially for how often I would be choosing to wear this. This is not an everyday wear to me. It will be nice with some Fall clothing and night wear. I would not repurchase this however I can see how someone younger might wear it more frequently. I prefer matte shades as a rule. Indianwood to me is more of a luxury type thing than a good basic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I saw this paint pot color used in a makeup tutorial. I immediately ran to MAC to swatch this baby. I love the color in that it is a super pigmented bronze shade with rose gold undertones. It is still soft enough to wear on a daily basis to go out. Application is super easy, as it can be applied with the finger or a brush.

However, while I do love this product, you can get the same look at half the price with Maybelline Color Tatoo. I got the shade Bad to the Bronze. And while the Maybelline color is more of a bronze instead of a rose gold, the formula is virtually the same.

Overall, I do recommend this product. But I think that there are similar drugstore options to these paint pots with SAME results for 1/2 the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by serpendity

Brought this on a whim, when I had gone in to buy rubensque paint pot but instead the SA at Mac pretty much forced me into buying indian wood instead. But I am really glad I got this because indian wood has turned into my staple for eye makeup. It's fuss free and easy to use. Can be applied using one's fingertip as well as a brush (I use the body shop shader brush). It can also be used in many ways. I like to use it as a base along with Mac amber lights, expensive pink, bronze and texture to create various nude yet muted shimmery looks. It even works wonderfully by itself, as a wash of color and gives a very nice sheen on my lids and brightens up my face instantly. I have insanely oily lids, and also live in a hot and humid city, so in the summers it does tend to crease on me after 5-6 hours. But in winter's it stays put till I use a makeup remover! Given that almost anything I on my eyelids creases in the summers, I don't have a lot to complain about. Plus whenever I wear this shade, people tend to ask me what I have on my eyes or how I achieved the look (even when I just hastily pat some on with my fingertips!) I purchased the paint pot in June 2011 and despite very frequent use I still have more than 4/5ths of it left and it hasn't dried out or changed texture. All in all excellent product, excellent value for money and something I would repurchase (if I needed to, which does seem the case for quite sometime)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this Paint Pot on a whim and it was the very first one I bought. I swatched it and immediately fell in love. This Paint Pot has a rich bronze colour which is shimmery, light-reflecting, and still quite soft. Not at all glittery either, which is a boon.

This goes on very smoothly and blends well whether you use your fingers or a brush, and is incredibly buildable from barely-there sheer to rich metallic opaque. It makes a beautiful highlight over the centre of the shade 'Constructivist' (which is how I prefer to use it), but looks gorgeous and very summery by itself.

Much like the other Paint Pots, this virtually does not crease at all - despite my oily lids and deep creases.

Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this recently and have become obsessed with this paint pot. It reminds me of MAC's Bronze, Arena, and Woodwinked if they got together and formed a cream eyeshadow. It's a gorgeous shade of bronze with golden shimmer. The pigmentation is opaque and the formula is so creamy and silky. Applies beautifully and works awesome as an eyeshadow, a base, and an eyeliner. It stays all day without budging, creasing, or migrating, but I need to mention I always wear an eye primer and my lids are semi-oily and hooded.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

How have I never reviewed Indianwood? I bought this summer of 2009. I went in thinking that rubenseque would be the pp for me, but the sa put rubenseque on one eye an Indianwood on the other eye very lightly. They looked almost the same (I know no one believes me on this, but I swear it happened). I decided to be Indianwood because it had a creamier texture. I also bought the 217 to go with it, as suggested by the sa. I had a large dent in mine, but I still have tons of product. I use this 4 out of 5 times that I do eye makeup. Frequently without a primer underneath, often without shadow on top. This is. A beautiful orangey bronze color that makes my blue-green eyes pop like no taupe ever could. I tend to apply lightly (lightly is the key to creamy products!) on my lid up to crease and softly on the outer third of my lower lash line. I don't like using my fingers with this, it doesn't look as good. I recommend using the 217. I will repurchase for sure. There is nothing comparable to this, maybelline color tattoos are much drier and nothing like this cream. EL cream shadows are drier too. And I'm a cream shadow person, with at least 20.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by CimCim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely color for my eyelids and everyday HG product. Since I have gold-warm undertones, I reach for this product more often than I reach for painterly. I use it almost everday, it is so easy to work with and I use it either as a base or shadow. As a base it helps my Sleek eye shadows stay put. However I recommend this as a base If you are going for classical bronze smokey eye. I recommend painterly as a base for blue/green/black/pink/silver etc. looks.

Indianwood is easier to work with compared to painterly but I recommend using an eye cream first before putting this on. It just glides on the lid so I don't think you will have problems during application. I use my fingertips because my fingers heat the product then it gets easier to put it on.

On my lazy days I just put on my bb cream, indianwood on my eyelids, put on a peach toned blush, curl my lashes and I'm ready to head out.

I recommend this product if,

-You have warm skin
-You look for a lovely golden-bronze cream eye shadow
-You haven't find the right primer yet
-You like subtle "no makeup makeup look"
-You feel uncomfortable when you don't use any product on your eyes but you don't want a full on make up

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

One of MAC's iconic paint pots, Indianwood is a lovely color to be used as a base or by itself to provide a gorgeous patina to the lids of your eyes. I use Soft Ochre for every day use when I am just trying to cover up redness on my eyelids, however when I want to put something on my lids and keep it simple I will often put this color on and go. Sometimes I use it to provide a nice base for browns or other complimentary colors. I have hazel/brown eyes and love the consistency of MAC's paint pots. They have no equal and this color is one of the most beautiful.