November 23, 2014 | 2134 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by bronzegurl29

This is definitely one of the best products I own! I was actually talked into buying it by a sales assistant at MAC and while I was hesitant at first I'm so glad I did. The colour looks so natural with my skin tone and goes on really smoothly, however I do wear a primer underneath due to having super oily skin :( but I wear it almost every day and only have a small dent which is awesome! Only downside is the price in Australia, but it's well worth it trust me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by olfactorysensation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried.

Indianwood Paint Pot is a warm-toned shimmer-finished brown cream eye shadow that works as a base for power eye shadows. The colour is very pretty as it has a mixture of gold and green shimmer through the warm brown base. I find it to be along the same lines colour-wise as Mac Green Brown pigment, but slightly more gold.

It has incredible staying power and give great vibrancy to whatever you layer over the top. I find the shimmery Paint Pots have slightly less staying power than the creme-finish versions, but they still work really well. I don't use Indianwood all that often but it hasn't dried out and it is a gorgeous colour if you like really warm browns.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

indianwood is absolutely STUNNING, its a paint pot version of amber lights and woowdinked by MAC, i could've chosen to buy bad to the bronze by maybelline but its so thick and not smooth and it creases!! mac paint pots are the only thing that don't crease on me, most of the time i love wearing this on its own using a sigma e25 and buffing and blending it all over or applying with my fingers over my lids or i love layering gold eyeshadows like half baked, amber lights or wood winked over top of this paint pot to make the eyeshadows pop.

i wish all of mac's paint pots were this pigmented, bought bare study and rubenesque and i don't use them as much because they're not super pigmented at all. Definitely will repurchase once i run out of this! hope they don't discontinue this please!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So useful for a quick look. All over the lid and in the crease. Because it is duochrome, it creates a crease shadow. Jus add a bit of black eyeshadow on the lash line and you're good to go. I just toss it because it was starting smellin weird and was starting to be difficult to spread on the lid. I want to try other paint pots but will be repurchasing one day!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Probably my favorite pain pot. Indian wood is a nice neutral PURE gold it's tan/brown undertone makes it universal. All skin tones whether warm, cool or neutral can pull this off because it's not orangey nor yellow like most golds tend to be. I use this as a base for wood winked, all that glitters, sable & sumptuous olive eye shadows. These shadows are gorgeous on their own but on top of indianwood they're even better it really compliments them to stand out.

No problems with creasing, fading or longevity lasts all day until night.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by misssweetmarie

Indianwood is a nice gold/rose-gold color. In the pot I thought it would be too glitzy but it ends up being okay on. With my blue eyes it's a nice touch but I am certain there are cheaper options out there - especially for how often I would be choosing to wear this. This is not an everyday wear to me. It will be nice with some Fall clothing and night wear. I would not repurchase this however I can see how someone younger might wear it more frequently. I prefer matte shades as a rule. Indianwood to me is more of a luxury type thing than a good basic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I saw this paint pot color used in a makeup tutorial. I immediately ran to MAC to swatch this baby. I love the color in that it is a super pigmented bronze shade with rose gold undertones. It is still soft enough to wear on a daily basis to go out. Application is super easy, as it can be applied with the finger or a brush.

However, while I do love this product, you can get the same look at half the price with Maybelline Color Tatoo. I got the shade Bad to the Bronze. And while the Maybelline color is more of a bronze instead of a rose gold, the formula is virtually the same.

Overall, I do recommend this product. But I think that there are similar drugstore options to these paint pots with SAME results for 1/2 the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by serpendity

Brought this on a whim, when I had gone in to buy rubensque paint pot but instead the SA at Mac pretty much forced me into buying indian wood instead. But I am really glad I got this because indian wood has turned into my staple for eye makeup. It's fuss free and easy to use. Can be applied using one's fingertip as well as a brush (I use the body shop shader brush). It can also be used in many ways. I like to use it as a base along with Mac amber lights, expensive pink, bronze and texture to create various nude yet muted shimmery looks. It even works wonderfully by itself, as a wash of color and gives a very nice sheen on my lids and brightens up my face instantly. I have insanely oily lids, and also live in a hot and humid city, so in the summers it does tend to crease on me after 5-6 hours. But in winter's it stays put till I use a makeup remover! Given that almost anything I on my eyelids creases in the summers, I don't have a lot to complain about. Plus whenever I wear this shade, people tend to ask me what I have on my eyes or how I achieved the look (even when I just hastily pat some on with my fingertips!) I purchased the paint pot in June 2011 and despite very frequent use I still have more than 4/5ths of it left and it hasn't dried out or changed texture. All in all excellent product, excellent value for money and something I would repurchase (if I needed to, which does seem the case for quite sometime)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this Paint Pot on a whim and it was the very first one I bought. I swatched it and immediately fell in love. This Paint Pot has a rich bronze colour which is shimmery, light-reflecting, and still quite soft. Not at all glittery either, which is a boon.

This goes on very smoothly and blends well whether you use your fingers or a brush, and is incredibly buildable from barely-there sheer to rich metallic opaque. It makes a beautiful highlight over the centre of the shade 'Constructivist' (which is how I prefer to use it), but looks gorgeous and very summery by itself.

Much like the other Paint Pots, this virtually does not crease at all - despite my oily lids and deep creases.

Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this recently and have become obsessed with this paint pot. It reminds me of MAC's Bronze, Arena, and Woodwinked if they got together and formed a cream eyeshadow. It's a gorgeous shade of bronze with golden shimmer. The pigmentation is opaque and the formula is so creamy and silky. Applies beautifully and works awesome as an eyeshadow, a base, and an eyeliner. It stays all day without budging, creasing, or migrating, but I need to mention I always wear an eye primer and my lids are semi-oily and hooded.