September 1, 2014 | 1086 users online

Hair Color - Color Oops - Regular Strength Hair Color Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lisathor90

Stay away!!! I was so excited to try this out. I wanted to remove the black dye I previously used about 4 months ago because I was going Ash brown. Let me tell ya this, this remover stinks sooooo much. It smells like I have a rotten egg or a dead invisible animal on my head. Lol it is so bad. It removed only a little at the bottom of my hair, other than that I would NOT recommend this item because it does a horrible job and it stinks so badddd.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For all you looking to remove vegi based dyes (like manic panic and nrage) this will NOT work.

Anyways, I've found this brand to be a lot smellier than others I've tried. The smell really stinks up everything it touches and leaves the fume lingering for awhile.

The color stripping aspect of it is ok. I had to use it twice to get my black hair down to a dark blonde. Again, the smell really sticks to your hair.

Also, be aware that although this doesn't have peroxide it may strip the colors off any clothing you have so just be careful.

One plus to this product is that they do give you a pretty good amount so you're less worried that you'll cover your head.

Overall, an ok color stripper in a pinch but you can find better. Loreal carries one that's really good.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by mariadoabarrelroll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you're using to remove a funky color such as, manic panic or punky color AVOID at all cost.

I decided to listen to a friend and give it a try, so instead of going back to the light orange it was bleached to from being pink/purple, my WHOLE head went blue!
Not suggesting to anyone to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a review for regular strength color oops.

I had years of black dye on my naturally mousy brown hair which I've been trying to grow out but got impatient with the ends so decided to give this a go.

I wasn't expecting miracles. In fact I doubt there's any product that can totally remove dry from your hair other than a good cut!

I followed the directions to the letter, although my house was quite cool so I used a hair dryer on my hair for a few minutes.

I rinsed for a long time as per the directions and much to my surprise a fair amount of the dark colour had been removed. It's not back to my natural hair colour but I didn't think that would be possible anyway. It's a brown orange colour a shade or two lighter with copper tones.

This didn't dry my hair as much as bleach does, so I'll give it a few weeks for my hair or get back to a better condition then I'll apply a 2nd bottle, perhaps then a toner to help with the copper tones.

One thing is the smell is pretty bad. It smelt like rotten mangos to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by pepesassy

I'm glad to see so many people are happy with this product. Alas, my experience with the regular and extra strength product were very disappointing. I didn't expect the color fairy to come down and remove the color, but I did expect SOME results. I have permanent brown on top of my natural mostly-gray. Just one layer of color on top of my natural color. I first tried the regular strenth and not only did it not remove the color but it left an ugly red tinge. So I tried the extra strengrh with the same result. I followed the instructions to the letter even with extra rinsing since that was emphasized on the instructions. My water heater is thanking me for turning it off.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Jenna0011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, this is the absolute worst product to ever put on your hair. It's greasy & runs down your hair way too fast. It never did it's job, either; I did a bad dye job attempting to do my hair purple, I used this. It made my roots black & my hair up top lighter blonde & it's still purple. Waste of money. It smells more disgusting than any product you've used before. Guaranteed. I'm sick to my stomach after using it. Literally.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have spent the past year getting blonde highlights from the salon. I was so in love with my hair and constantly got compliments on it, but one day I had an impulse to go reddish blonde.........terrible idea. I thought I ruined my hair color for good. I knew that if I applied blonde dye over my red hair that it would react badly, but then I remembered this product and wanted to give it a try, It worked so good, maybe it was because I had a light red in my hair that it was so easy/fast to get rid of, I don't know.

After using this I was back to blonde, I had a few orange tones so I used Wella t18 toner and it got all of the orange out. Now I have what I call Taylor Swift ashy blonde hair. It isn't the old color I lost, but it is a start and much better than the red I had

Also, every review I have read complains about the smell. Am I the only one who thought it had a nice fruity smell? Maybe I am just not sensitive to smells, but I didn't smell anything bad.

In short, i loved this stuff and in the future if I ever want to change my color, then go back to blonde I know that it is now possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Nicolesofiia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had red hair for five years, and recently ive decided for a change. Prior to dying my hair red i had black hair for about 3 years. I decided to give color oops a try to wash the red dye out. I applied it all over my hair, left it in for 20 min. as recommended, and followed the instructions. My hair is now a light brown with brassy tones, just after the one use. The product surprised me as to how well it worked to take the years of hair dye out. My hair feels exactly the same prior to using the product. Although, it worked fantastically, i did miss few spots so i will need to purchase the product again. To ensure you don't have to re-due the process make sure that you cover all of your hair. Overall i was extremely happy with this product and i would recommend it to anyone who is trying to strip their hair without adding a lot of damage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Damselfly352

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have colored my hair for 30 years. Stylists, family and friends have complemented me on my color choices and processing. Until I went through a light blonde phase. I decided to darken my hair for an interview and went with dark ash blonde. I liked the result until a few weeks later the ends were losing pigment. I tried a color deposit product in a dark natural blond. I ended up with a very dark auburn brown. The color was nice but much darker than I wanted. I used Oops Extra Strength and the color removal resulted in a reddish blonde/light reddish brown. I did read previous reviews and adhered to the advice presented. I washed my hair 3-4 times during the full 15 minutes under very warm to hot water. I blew dry my hair and applied med ash blonde for 5 minutes on roots and pulled through for another 3. Could have gone less on the pull through. Probably 1-2 minutes. My overall result is a dark natural blond or light brown. It's what I was originally after. Definitely watch timing and your color mistake can be reversed. I would recommend this product and use again should I ever need to. Fortunantly this is my first real I can't stand the color moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by NYCya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THANK GOD!
I have been salon highlighting/ coloring my hair for the past ten+ years. If you’ve gone from brown to highlighted hair, you know how over time, it can get dry and porous. It also fades to the same shade of blah blond, no matter how great it looks after you’ve had it highlighted, low lighted or color woven. And over time, the hair becomes so fried that if you have curly hair like I do (did), it then turns to frizz. SO I decided after my last salon experience (this one at an Aveda salon where they claim the color technique is healthier, and ended up with the same frizzy, faded result) to take matters into my own hands and try something I did years ago- Apply a semi permanent rinse that would wash out in six-eight shampoos and bring my root growth and my blond together, while coating and protecting the faded ends. I should also mention that my base color is a light ash brown with some gray in it. Well- I purchased a Semi Permanent hair color (Loving Care also used to have something close to this, which I loved, and which they no longer make) in several shades to try out. I started with the lightest shade, Gold, thinking this would be the safest way to go- You know, tone down the faded blond and add some shine to the roots. Well- No such luck! I guess because my hair was SO porous that the color I applied looked nothing like the lovely gold I thought it would be. Rather, I had the most garish shade of orange/auburn. Dreadful! I applied a vinegar rinse and shampooed my little heart out… No luck. The next day, I shampooed several times again (supposed to wash out, right?). Then I just had a lighter shade of orange. Clearly, this was not going to end well… I thought about putting a darker rinse on my hair, but was afraid of looking garish. Then, through this site, I found Hair Oops. Found it in the store and rushed home to do a strand test… So far, so good! Applied it to my entire head (and yes, it stinks to high hell) and checked the color every five minutes… thought it would not take long, since the color I’d applied was only a rinse and had been on only two days. However, I guess because my hair was so porous, it took the entire 20 minutes. I thought the instructions to rinse for 15 minutes must have been a misprint, but I wasn’t taking any chances… I rinsed like crazy in the sink (not for the full time, I admit), then shampooed, then shampooed again and let that sit on my hair for a bit, then into the shower and rinsed, rinsed, rinsed. Then a deep conditioner.

STUNNING RESULTS. Here is the really interesting part… My hair looks like it was JUST highlighted! Shiny, shimmering, golden highlights. AND even the roots look highlighted! There is so much shine on my hair, I can hardly believe it. I am now wondering if the last time I got it color woven if perhaps it didn’t just dull the whole thing. I suppose that now I have just highlighted hair. I intend to put a protective glaze over it. But the great news is, I can go probably another month before I attempt once again to do anything with the color. I doubt I will put another rinse on it, probably will have a tinted glaze professionally applied. But I tell you- This product is AMAZING. And my hair feels healthier than it has in ages. Recommended!