October 25, 2014 | 1705 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sebium H2O

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had to try this and luckily there was a seller on Amazon who had it in the US. So they didn't have the red cap but since I do have combination skin and am acne prone I would say. Meaning for me if I'm not super careful I will breakout more than my usual one or two hormonal time of the month spots. With this though I haven't had any breakouts. Mind you this stuff is my lazy night cleanser so I'm grateful it's working. First it's very gentle and doesn't dry my skin at all. I found at CVS huge cotton squares and one cleans my whole face. It removes eye makeup no problem for me and I always use primer.

I find if I use this then tone with Thayers rose water toner, Mandelic acid serum, and CeraVe PM and for my lazy nights it works. So I appreciate after a very long day sometimes being able to remove everything and cleanse my skin enough to make it till the am when I wash. It removes mascara no problem and that's a must as I love mascara. Also I have sensitive eyes and this does not irritate them. I would still like to try the red cap but for now I am very satisfied. Also I bought this months ago and still have almost 3/4 of a bottle. So it lasts which I love. I have tried a lot of miclaire waters and I have to say Vichy is still my favorite but this is deserving of 5 lippies as well.

I will keep using both that's for sure as my skin being acne free is very nice! So I like this because it's gentle, lasts, effective, and a good amount of product for the price. I want to try the crealine formula so I will hunt for that next. So I will repurchase either of these without a doubt. I'm almost thinking since this one is working so well, why switch? Definitely Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by lovelysunshine17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have good skin, and usually don't have problems with toners or creams. So I'm never picky with them. I would say I have combination skin, with barely any acne. Unfortunately this broke my skin out like no product has, especially around the forehead.
My older sister though who has had problems with acne all her life, thinks this is the best toner she's used, so I'm not sure why it worked so well for her but we did get a great deal 2 for $30. Other than breaking me out, it was a good toner, and got all my make up off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG. I will never be without this. Removes Colorstay and Doublewear, long-lasting lipstains, eye make up, you name it, in a FLASH. It's so gentle, and perfect for my extremely oily, acne-prone skin. This is magical. I order a pack of 2 big bottles of Amazon and it lasts me almost 6 months each.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by RubyThursday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After seeing so many positive reviews about Bioderma I decided to splurge and give it a go. I have combination/oily skin so I went with the Sebium over the Sensibio thinking it would help combat the excess oil, but this really stripped my skin and broke me out something rotten. Immediately after applying my skin would feel really tight and horrible. Maybe I'd have better luck with the Sensibio? Definitely wouldn't use this if you have normal/combination skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jade3399

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Found a product that thoroughly removes all eye and face makeup without using a ton of product. All I can say is wow! I wear makeup on a daily basis and used baby wipes to clean off. My face would still have makeup residue left. With two cotton pads (not saturated) all my makeup was off. I still wash my face with cleanser...but this makes it so much easier and faster. Awesome stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Joyfalula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started off by purchasing the very small bottle (100ml) after reading many enthusiastic reviews praising this stuff, I have since repurchased larger sizes of this product.

Pros
Very soothing, especially during breakouts
Clears breakouts
Refreshing
Makes my skin feel soft and clean
Pores look refined

Cons
My skins ends up much oilier than usual when I use this to cleanse (overcompensating?)
I don’t like the fragrance or the packaging (too clinical).
Its quite expensive to buy.
Need to use quite a lot to remove a full face of makeup – about 4 cotton pads or more! (I usually use some face wipes first then swipe a pad of this stuff over my face).
I have been unable to find this in any stores, only seems to be available online in the UK, which means having to pay postage costs.

Verdict:
My skin likes this stuff as it seems to clear breakouts and make my skin feel soft & clean, the only downside is it seems to make me oilier and it is expensive and hard to find. However, as long as I can find discount deals I will always keep a bottle of this on my vanity table, it’s also a perfect product to cleanse before/after the gym or at the beach.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Please note: This is also listed as a toner on MUA as well as a cleanser- check the label, it is not a toner. It's just micelle solution, basically a non-foaming alcohol-free cleansing water, to remove make-up and grime that has collected on your face throughout the day. So I don't understand complaints about how this is "not a good toner", etc etc. Bioderma does not even make a "toner" in this range. Sorry to sound like a cow, but seriously. . .Rant over.

Review:
I bought this because Sensibio H2O was sold out for weeks at my nearby pharmacy. I've been using both for years however I prefer the Sensibio to Sebium only because you can use it around eyes with no problems plus it has no fragrance, but this one is still really good. When I get home from work I use this first before cleansing - wet a cotton pad with it, remove make-up, then follow with a normal cleanser. I use jojoba oil or anything unscented to remove eye make-up (or Sensibio when I have it again!)

It only takes me one pad and few drops of this to fully remove all the make-up on my face. So one big bottle (I normally get a 500mL size) lasts me at least 7 months, sometimes a full year, depends how much I use/how much make-up I need to remove on a daily basis. There are always sales as well. Scent is mild, although may be problematic for some but non-irritating for my skin and similar to all the other Bioderma stuff (the stuff with scent, some is unscented). Love it. . .but again, I find Sensibio does a better all-around job so am giving this 4/5 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Favourite micellar water so far (I use this or the Vichy normaderm one) its perfect for my combination skin- feels cleansing on the spotty areas (chin, t-zone), yet not too harsh on the drier parts (cheeks etc). It certainly doesn't aggravate my spots or make them worse- feels pretty gentle on the skin. It does a decent enough job at removing make up- but I'd never use this, or any micellar water for that matter, as the sole cleanser- I'd always follow it up with a face wash. All in all a decent product that I'll likely repurchase.

Read a full review on my blog: http://daisydabbles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/my-top-five-products-from-escentual.html

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Scintila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me this is very classic and very good micellar water. It si very popular and there is a reason for it - it cleanses very well, it leaves very pleasant feeling on my oily skin and at the same time it's quite soothing as it doesn't have alcohol. I'm not sure if it exactly prevent or reduces break outs (But I don't seek this kind of function from a micellar water), but it definitely doesn't causes any new. In general - very good choice for acne - prone/ oily/ combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this out. I chose this version over the regular version with the pink cap because it is designed for oily and acne-prone skin. However, I noticed that soon after I started using this, about 3 days to a week, I started to develop small little pimples. I do not get these types of pimples for my acne and this was the only change in my skincare routine. The small pimples cleared up after I stopped using this product.

This may work for some people with oily/acne-prone skin, but from my research it seems to be 50/50 for those with this skin type.

PROS
*Easy 1 step cleanser
*Worked well to cleanse my skin
*Refreshing
*Quick alternative to full skincare routine
*Fresh scent

CONS
*Very pricey since it isn't sold directly in the US
*Broke me out even though it was made for oily/acne-prone skin
*Scent - although it smells nice, it may be too perfumed for some. Maybe this is one of the reasons it broke me out?