December 20, 2014 | 1212 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by verdisto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this back when it was on sale, around Summer 2012? The color I bought it in was Purring, a lovely tangerine color. When I first received it, I loved the orange color as it would take out the mauve of my pigmented lips, but this color in the pot only lasted for about 2 months.

The further I used it, however, I discovered that the lip balm oxidized and turned into a lovely coral pink shade. I love the shade, but I am very surprised that it turned into such a different color from it's original shade.

The texture is what came as a true downside for me, however. The texture is moderately tacky. I don't tend to mind this much, but for those who dislike this texture, steer clear of this product. The finish of this balm is a glossy finish, something I do like, but I was greatly disappointed by the moisturizing properties of this balm. This balm verges on the low end of being moisturizing. When I apply this balm, it doesn't sink into my lips like my other products do and instead seems to sit on top of the lips, sinking in VERY slowly if at all. I find that I have to apply this multiple times during the day to keep my lips somewhat hydrated and even then, I still have multiple dry patches.

The packaging was great. It comes in a sturdy glass pot with a black plastic screw top. Very simple and chic and I love knowing that it won't spill around when it is rolling around in my bag. However, I don't relish the fact that I have to dig my finger into the pot to get product, something that I find breeds germs. I would have preferred for it to have come in a squeeze tube. This would make it more sanitary

Overall, MAC wins once again with its cute packaging, even if it's not the most sanitary, but the overal texture and moisturizing properties of this balm are quite lackluster. Pick this balm if you want a moderately moisturizing balm with glossy effects but don't get your hopes up if you have dry sensitize and peeling lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in purring, a sheer orange-coral shade. At first this looked more orange but as I've gone deeper in the pot it appears more coral. This on it's own gives my lips a soft healthy appearance with a peachy tint and some shine. It smells and tastes delicious, like strawberry-kiwi! I would happily repurchase or try other shades even though they are pretty pricy. This is the product you want on your lips when a guy kisses you haha ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by rpatchell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG lip product for me! I use it at night, just before I go to bed and it has completely changed my lips. No more chapped, peeling lips! Amazing and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by KimmyKhoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the MAC tendertone in tread softly a few days ago and I'm completely obsessed with it!! Firstly it smells so so amazing and it makes your lips look really pretty. And it also has SPF whichis awesome
Unfortunately, I dont feel like it moisturizers my lips alot. I mean it does but not to the extent of other chapsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Sepolayla

I bought this in the shade Purring (mandarine orange) because I loved the look of it in the pot and orange colours look great on my lips. Surprise, surprise the colour doesn't really show up on my lips.

Positives:
Quite moisturising
Smells good
Gives wet look lips without shimmer which I love
SPF
Solid packaging - the same pot that they use for paint pots. Have only had this for a week or so but I'm willing to be the consistency will stay the same all the way down to the bottom of the jar.
Pot packagin - can use all the product.

Negatives:
Doesn't last - especially if you eat or drink. Put something to your lips and this product will exeunte straight away.
Colour doesn't show up (or at least Purring doesn't - you may have better luck with a red or fuschia)
Wet feel - product doesn't sink into the lips
Moisturising is superficial and if you have chapped lips this will do nothing for them.

Won't buy again because the negatives are too many for the high price of this product. I get much better results with a cheaper chemist product like Lucas Paw Paw Ointment or Blistex stuff. But I will use all the way to the bottom of the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love mac tendertone in purring.beautiful orange lip balm sheer on lips.feel great on lip.even after it wears off.i find myself reaching for this everyday which is rare for me because I love lip products and I, have my fair share of them.i brought 2 of these in this color I love it just that much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by malston81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard about these a couple years ago & have been wanting to try get one but at the time I had to settle for L'oreal's hip jelly balm (plush 120) which are alright, you don't get much as the tendertones and the texture is a bit thicker. However, back to the tendertones I recently was able to get the green one, tread gently. Which I really like, its feels & smells good!! I would definitley get another one, if available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tendertones are like happy thoughts in a pot :) I LOVE them! My favorite's probably Tread Gently because it's GREEN! Although Tendertones aren't very pigmented, they're very moisturizing & feel great on the lips! Plus, they smell absolutely delicious (like strawberry kiwi.) I'm so sad they've discontinued these & really hope they'll bring some back this summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by asianiis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just LOVE the tendertones. I have a bunch of them and they glide on and keep your lips smooth and hydrated and soft with just a hint of color. I wear them on the days that I want more of a natural look, like Saturday morning running errands or the mall or for the bedroom (wink) when you want a lil sumptin sumptin but still wanna keep it light, fresh and sexy…it tastes pretty good too. You get the best bang for your buck when you get them off ebay or at the CCO. My only con is that it's in pot form and I don't like to dig my finger in to get it and using a lip brush can be a little too cumbersome when you are trying to put something on quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

This is absolutely one of my all time favourite HG lip glosses - and I've owned hundreds. Im really not a huge MAC fan either, so I was late trying these out but am SO glad that I did. I know some people dont like the pot but I dont mind it, and I especially like that its a glass pot - it feels substantial, wont crack or get cheap looking after being tossed around in your bag....its really very nice packaging and you get quite a lot of product in it. I love the smell, strawberry kiwi is the consensus - but it smells so summery, I love it! The texture....you can feel the petroleum in it but it seems to be mixed up well enough with other ingredients that it doesnt feel oily and greasy the way Vaseline on your lips does - it is thicker and relatively long lasting but not sticky at all and equals a fantastic texture. The colors are also fantastic, super summery shades that are lots of fun. Yes they are sheer, but I still find I can get a nice tint of color with most of them and the lighter shades are great at giving a bit of a nude effect because they are thicker in texture. I really love Shush, EZ Baby and Sweet Tooth, but to be honest, I dont think there are many of the shades I would turn down at this point. All in all, these are pretty near to being the perfect lip gloss. I hate that this is not a permanent item, or at the very least a seasonal item. Grrr MAC why must you not carry the one item I truly LOVE that you made and cant live without! Im seriously on a misson to stock up on these so I have enough to last for years and years....seriously - thats how fantastic these are!