December 20, 2014 | 840 users online

Hair Treatments - Aphogee - Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a lot of thin hair, I am a salon blonde. I used Joico several times in the past and stopped because it wasn't doing anything, a few people recommended trying this and I have used it 3x and my hair feels just a little stronger, I don't belive in product miracles so I will take slight improvements. The smell is awful and it's not easy to apply, like, I am hunched over the tub surrounded by towels, but definitely worth your time. I usually buy the packets that come with the conditioner, follow the instructions and make sure your hair is completly hardened/ dried before washing off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Absolutely amazing!!! I was recommended this product by a SA at Sally's Beauty when looking for something to help my extremely dry, wild curly hair. I color my hair every couple months due to premature graying, and I use a hairdryer occasionally. I watched multiple videos on YouTube and decided to take the plunge yesterday. I'm not going to lie, it smells rank (like rotted Apple cider vinegar). It did burn my scalp a little in the back for the first few minutes. I used my hand-held hair dryer, as it dries it makes your hair very stiff/hard. Everyone was adamant about not messing with your hair as it dries because it could actually snap! After gently rinsing the protein out in the shower I applied the second step, the moisturizing treatment and left it on a few minutes. I styled my hair as usual & wow what a difference!!! I will continue to use this every 6 weeks as recommended. I can feel a difference on each strand of hair, it went from rough and uneven to smooth. This product truly is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by skincarediva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this product deserves a review. In one word, miracle! This stuff saved the rest of my hair. And I say it like that because more then half of it was already cut off. Had I known about it sooner, I would still have long hair to my waist. But without it, my hair would be above my ears. Yes, this product is good for protein hair upkeeps. But, if your hair has turned into mush and ready to drip onto your floor, it WILL SAVE your hair. That's how bad my hair was. I used it as directed the first day. Then again the 2nd day. Already the first time my hair felt stronger. The 2nd time I could blowdry it, but at that time, the weaker hair in the front and ends were still too soft, so I applied again as directed. That did it. Any little spots, I just lightly coted over my hair as I was blow drying and left it in. After that I could round brush and flat iron my hair. My hair looks just as healthy as it was before I became a platinum blonde. My hair is past my shoulders and now can continue to grow out looking and feeling great! This stuff IS worth every penny. I will also say, I did not use any shampoo od any kind during this process and I did used the macadamia hair mask after the first 2 treatment steps.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by tsavo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great. I have been using it over 10 years. I am black with 4a hair. I used it when I had relaxed hair and natural hair. Most protein treatments make my hair too hard. Not this down side is its sticky and smells bad

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by AkIzHizName

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm biracial and decided I rented to try one more time for blonde hair. Ive bleached and toned my hair so many times in the last two weeks I lost count! Needless to say my hair was like a rubberband! Yes this stuff stinks, but its the only reason I still have hair on my head!! Put it on, dry it rock hard with a dryer, follow with a deep conditioner. It works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by kuhjeerie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is really, really great. I am bi-racial with 3A-3C, previously bleached and currently color-treated hair. This treatment actually makes my hair feel like it did prior to any processing. My curls stay tight and smooth when I don't straighten, and when I do, it's sleek like a professional blowout. I use step 1 for about an hour until my hair is hard like glass, rinse well, apply step 2, and wrap my hair overnight.
I buy the one-use packets, and it seems no matter how well I shake them up, there's always some separation of the product at the bottom. I just squirt all of it in my hair and lather it like I do shampoo and that seems to get it evenly distributed.
Give this a shot. It was a lifesaver after a relaxer overprocessed and left me shedding like a cat. In the 8 or so months since I started using these (every 6 weeks), I've gained about 5 inches of length... and I was one of those girls who was convinced my hair didn't grow!

Do this treatment while your man's out of the house. The smell almost knocked him flat out! But it's definitely worth it =)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Caseyynicolee

First, I want to start out by saying I have never come across a product I have ever wanted to write a review about, until now!! I absolutely looooove this product and I am hooked after using it for the first time! I had over processed hair from lightening and then going back dark and it was fried from heat. My hair was stringy and felt disgusting when wet. I was able to stretch my hair like a rubber band, but it wouldn't return to it's normal shape. Instead it would just fall off. I was ready to give up until I decided to give this stuff a get and I'm so happy I did. The smell is pretty extreme and took some time to get over, but the results are worth it! My hair is so incredibly soft now, a lot less breakage, better elasticity, and doesn't feel as terrible when wet! I had amazing results just from my first use so I'm so excited to see how my hair will be after a few more uses in the next couple months! If you're about to give up like me please try this product first!!! It was a life saver!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

My hair type: Long, naturally straight, dry'ish, and my bangs constantly break from styling

So far I do like this product. I did everything as instructed this morning and my hair is in the process of drying and it does feel stronger. I want to give it a couple more washes before I can really know how my hair adjusts to it. I will update my experience.

The reason I purchased this protein treatment was due to the fact that my bangs breaking constantly from heat damage and because my hair is long, so it is lost protein over the years, which is where this protein packed treatment would hopefully come in to play.

I will use a lot of moisture in my hair for the next week or so since there needs to be a balance between protein and moisture so that your hair will feel great.

*****PS Buy this online, it is cheaper than Sallys!

UPDATE: Well I gave it another couple washes and I do believe it has helped my hair in many ways. I has helped to build some of the lost protien in my long hair, it has helped reduce tangles, greatly reduced frizziness in my hair and has helped my reducing hair breakage. I would definitely give this another go. I plan on doing this is another two weeks or so, even though it recommends every six weeks, but we will see how my hair continues to act. Overall it is wonderful and I would recommend anyone with hair in general use it lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After using an entire bottle of this and following the instructions properly, I can safely say this doesn't do much of anything. I get better results from a quality conditioner. I had high hopes for this from the reviews. Everything I disliked about this is the same as the other reviews. Smells like vomit. Incredibly runny, it doesn't stick to hair and you waste so much trying to cover your hair as to get a proper result. I'm interested to try another protein treatment so compare to this, but will not buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyn1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for after a chemical process. And in my case I had color stripped 2x in one day. I used this and followed with a deep conditioner (I did buy the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer but it got so/so reviews so I returned it for something else)

It's important to realize this is not for everybody because it is a protein treatment. I bought this before and when I had almost finished the bottle my hair was constantly dry and almost brittle from using it. At the time, I decided although initial results were great, I wouldn't repurchase.

After doing some research I re bought it and used it several times following the color stripping and it's worked wonders. I will, however, probably only use this once a week or as needed.

It is a great product. Sallys also sells this in sample packets for 2.49 I think. The bottle is a better investment even for seldom use :)