September 17, 2014 | 1262 users online

Hair Treatments - Aphogee - Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Caseyynicolee

First, I want to start out by saying I have never come across a product I have ever wanted to write a review about, until now!! I absolutely looooove this product and I am hooked after using it for the first time! I had over processed hair from lightening and then going back dark and it was fried from heat. My hair was stringy and felt disgusting when wet. I was able to stretch my hair like a rubber band, but it wouldn't return to it's normal shape. Instead it would just fall off. I was ready to give up until I decided to give this stuff a get and I'm so happy I did. The smell is pretty extreme and took some time to get over, but the results are worth it! My hair is so incredibly soft now, a lot less breakage, better elasticity, and doesn't feel as terrible when wet! I had amazing results just from my first use so I'm so excited to see how my hair will be after a few more uses in the next couple months! If you're about to give up like me please try this product first!!! It was a life saver!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

My hair type: Long, naturally straight, dry'ish, and my bangs constantly break from styling

So far I do like this product. I did everything as instructed this morning and my hair is in the process of drying and it does feel stronger. I want to give it a couple more washes before I can really know how my hair adjusts to it. I will update my experience.

The reason I purchased this protein treatment was due to the fact that my bangs breaking constantly from heat damage and because my hair is long, so it is lost protein over the years, which is where this protein packed treatment would hopefully come in to play.

I will use a lot of moisture in my hair for the next week or so since there needs to be a balance between protein and moisture so that your hair will feel great.

*****PS Buy this online, it is cheaper than Sallys!

UPDATE: Well I gave it another couple washes and I do believe it has helped my hair in many ways. I has helped to build some of the lost protien in my long hair, it has helped reduce tangles, greatly reduced frizziness in my hair and has helped my reducing hair breakage. I would definitely give this another go. I plan on doing this is another two weeks or so, even though it recommends every six weeks, but we will see how my hair continues to act. Overall it is wonderful and I would recommend anyone with hair in general use it lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After using an entire bottle of this and following the instructions properly, I can safely say this doesn't do much of anything. I get better results from a quality conditioner. I had high hopes for this from the reviews. Everything I disliked about this is the same as the other reviews. Smells like vomit. Incredibly runny, it doesn't stick to hair and you waste so much trying to cover your hair as to get a proper result. I'm interested to try another protein treatment so compare to this, but will not buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyn1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for after a chemical process. And in my case I had color stripped 2x in one day. I used this and followed with a deep conditioner (I did buy the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer but it got so/so reviews so I returned it for something else)

It's important to realize this is not for everybody because it is a protein treatment. I bought this before and when I had almost finished the bottle my hair was constantly dry and almost brittle from using it. At the time, I decided although initial results were great, I wouldn't repurchase.

After doing some research I re bought it and used it several times following the color stripping and it's worked wonders. I will, however, probably only use this once a week or as needed.

It is a great product. Sallys also sells this in sample packets for 2.49 I think. The bottle is a better investment even for seldom use :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by LittleTornado

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this process almost 15years ago and forgot about it until it was mentioned on the HB.
I ran to, Sally's , ran home, wet my already clean hair and applied the 1st step the protein. OMG it hit me again the smell is like, liquid cadavor. I run a large toothed comb through and use my hand held hair dryer to heat the treatment. I have shortish hair so it didn't take the full 30 mi.
After my hair was hard as a helmet I jumped into the shower and applied step 2, the moisture. Left that on for about 5 min. Rinsed it out, ran a rake comb through incredibly soft hair and let air dry.
This product is amazing. If you have damaged hair try this before something more drastic. Less than $4 and 30 minutes in your own home is hard to beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by neekssupreme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a girl who bleaches her naturally almost black hair blonde, this product is a STAPLE in my routine! For the past 5 or 6 months, I have been going through the process of getting my hair to platinum blonde, meaning bleaching, soap caps, toning, over and over again. I'm surprised I still have hair on my head, and I'm convinced a huuuuge factor in that has been using this treatment! IF YOU HAVE COLOR TREATED HAIR YOU NEED TO BE USING THIS!

Here is how I use it:
A week after I bleach and tone my hair, ( I wait a week because a protein treatment can push the color out of your hair if you use it too soon after,) I shampoo then towel dry my hair. Then I apply the reconstructing bottle with my hands and try to get it all over, especially on the ends of the hair. With my hair texture, there's no way I'm getting a comb through my hair like the directions say to do, so I try to get every section. It has a very strong distinct smell, idk how else to describe it, but it's worth it. Once it's all over my hair, I take a blow dryer on medium heat, and blow dry my entire head, until all of my hair is hard. Once it's hard, you need to be verrrrry careful with it, like no playing with it or combing or anything. I go back to the shower and run warm water on my hair, until I feel all that dried up stuff is all out, then put the moisturizer in my hair and leave it on for 2 or 3 minutes and rinse. Then your done! You can do whatever you usually do to your hair.

Before using the treatments, when my hair was wet it was really slimy feeling, stretchy, and when straightened it was just dry and rough. After using it, especially this last time, it feels soooooooo smooth and silky! I can't believe it took my hair from what it was to being healthy, well as healthy as bleached hair could be lol. I will be using this product again in another 2-3 weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by emmjaepenniman

This product is amazing. I use it monthly on my relaxed hair and I'm amazed at the difference it has made in my hair. I used to have a lot of damage in the center of my hair and since using this, it has grown out. The damage is fading away. I buy the dual packet at Sally so the price is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

its good. but you need an extra deep conditioner for better results

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by amgriffiths718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read all the reviews first and thought "wow! This will fix my hair!" Wrong. After a disaster trying to go from dark to light my hair was fried. This product made it so much worse. The smell isn't as bad as some say but the product sucks. It is super challenging to get it to stay in your hair at first. After all this fuss my hair is now stringy and lifeless again. I cannot get a comb through it now. I will never recommend this. And yes, i did follow all directions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mishkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't cut your hair! You won't have to if you use this. My split ends were horrifying. Even my split ends had split ends. It was basically like straw. I left this on for 15 minutes as I blow dried it. It becomes very hard. Don't make any sudden movements your hair could snap right off. I also don't recommend wearing a shirt while using this. It will glue your hair to it. This really glued my ends back together. I didn't think it was possible! Amazing.