Neutrogena Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

on 6/3/2015 7:11:00 PM

Horrible, did not take off my eye makeup. Stick to the regular eye makeup remover.

on 6/25/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Not for me. Pads are kind of dry so it seems to take a lot of swipes over your eye to remove any makeup. I personally felt the pads were a little too rough for my skin and it seemed to scratch the skin around my eyes. Did not sting my eyes but I've used much better removers, this just wasn't great for me.

on 9/10/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a horrible, horrible product which is not gentle and , to add insult to injury, does not remove waterproof makeup despite its claims to do so.

I am sensitive and this product is supposed to be for people like me. The minute I used it I smelled fragrance and my eyes began to sting. They are still irritated 12 hours later.

What moron at Neutrogena thought it was a good idea to put fragrance in a product purporting to be gentle and good for removing eye makeup on people with sensitive skin?
I usually check for fragrance in items but did not on this because of the claim that it is gentle and good for sensitive skin. I will be wary of ever buying a product from this company again.

on 5/28/2013 11:12:00 PM

My unusual reason for using: (and btw - my actual rating is 3.5)

I use 1 pad every morning to wipe away any vestiges of my nightly MU remover (baby oil w/ emulsifier) and I find my waterproof mascara no longer smudges during the day. Ever since I started using oils to cleanse, all my HG waterproof mascaras smudge during the day even though I always wash my face in the a.m. w/ my std GoW cleanser and I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I was having this issue. Apparently, it is common issue among oil cleansers, so I figured I'd hunt down an oil-free eye MU remover that was cheap just to handle this particular issue.

Now, because I'm not removing eye makeup, I barely have to press the pads at all on my eyes which is a good thing because using this lite pressure = no product stinging in my eyes. I did try one evening using these to remove my eye MU and o boy - big difference = lots of stinging and I had to really rub = would never use for this purpose. BUT for MY purpose, this works GREAT! My waterproof mascaras are back to wearing like iron so for this limited purpose, I will and have re-purchased.

on 4/4/2013 5:11:00 AM

I can't believe that these are touted as being "extra gentle". After the first use, I got these really irritated red patches under both of my eyes. It was very embarrassing to go out in public with these red patches (that also hurt!) and they took several days to go away. These pads also do not do a very good job of getting eye makeup off at all. You have to wipe them over your eyes like 100 times to get just standard mascara and eyeliner off. It's not as though I wear tons of eye makeup, so it shouldn't be that difficult to remove. If you have sensitive skin, STAY AWAY! You'll feel like you dragged sandpaper over your eyes and you'll look like it too.

on 3/30/2013 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The pads are huge. And the container I had dried up way to fast. I gave it 2 lippies only because I like the soft pads, but not enough to repurchase them.

on 3/8/2013 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

These have become a staple for me. I wear UD Primer Potion in Eden, eye shadow, MUF waterproof eyeliner, mascara, etc. They remove it ALL and it doesn't sting my eyes! (I have super sensitive eyes) How I use: I take one pad & press it onto my eyelid, allowing it to sit for about 10 seconds, so it can break down the makeup and then I wipe it across. The mascara breaks down last, usually ends up underneath my eyes & that gets swiped away. THEN I flip the pad and do the other eye. Sometimes I run it across my lips & cheeks (if I'm wearing a stain). Then I cleanse my face with a mild cleanser.
Bottom Line: I love the pads! They're big, thick, soft & gentle on my skin. I do wish they would put a tiny bit more remover in the container, but the last pad works just as well as the first one. They are not greasy or oily & have no scent to them that I can smell. They run about $8.50 with tax.

on 2/21/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I typically use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover in the bottle, but occasionally I'll get lazy and pick this up instead. I'm never unhappy with the product itself, but I go through the cotton pads so quickly that I always feel like I've wasted my money. These would be great for travel, but if you're looking for something for every day use, I'd recommend the Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover and some cheap round cotton pads -- it's a lower cost way to do the same thing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I just got this a couple days ago and have only used them twice. For removing my makeup i don't care about "soothing" or "calming" effects, i just wanna get it off and wash my face. So these were pretty good, but they smear black all over your eyes and eye area before you wash your face, and you look like you just got beat up. But in terms of removing your makeup off of your eyes ( not counting spreading it around) it's pretty good.

on 6/16/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried Neutrogena's regular eye makeup remover-- that is, the stuff in the bottle-- and while it does its job, more or less (I still have a little bottle of it for travel, actually), I was looking for something more time-efficient that doesn't leave so much oily residue. So I picked up these. Luckily, I didn't get the burning sensation that a lot of people said they had. However, they didn't, you know... WORK! :( I usually just wear eyeliner and mascara-- removing just that shouldn't be too terrible a feat-- but with these pads, it takes a good fifteen minutes wiping and wiping and wiping away. I also find that the pads aren't saturated with enough product, which for the price, is ridiculous.

EDIT: I found a pretty simple tip on Youtube today while I was watching some beauty videos. Actually, a LOT of people said this: you should keep your makeup wipes stored upside down. Durrrr! Why didn't I think of that? Maybe that's why the pads aren't so saturated? I'm going to try that and give these wipes another go. Stay tuned!