Vichy Purete Thermale Cleansing Micellar Lotion for face and eyes

4.3

Ingredients: aqua, hexylene glycol, glycerin, poloxamer 184, rosa gallica flower extract, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, disodium edta, propylene glycol, panthenol, dihydrocholeth-30, polyaminopropyl biguanide, fragrance.

on 12/21/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'll preface this review by stating that I have notably pale and sensitive facial skin. I was using this cleansing H2O happily for about two weeks. Initially, I echoed the praises of other pleased MUA reviewers: it smoothes skin's texture, removes makeup effectively, does not overdry, etc.

At around the three-week mark, however, I have noticed a disconcerting effect of this cleanser: my skin has become increasingly sensitive to the elements. If I am out in bright sunlight, or in a warm room, for a prolonged period of time, my entire face flushes red with irritation. My skin feels thinner and more fragile; the cleanser seems to strip the skin in the process of removing dirt and makeup.

on 1/10/2014 9:48:00 AM

I really like this Soothing Cleansing Milk it's like a creamy micellar water which, is perfect for my dry skin. It removes all my makeup without a problem. I like Vichy products as I had good results with the cleansing water so I thought why not try the cleansing lotion. Right now my skin is so dry and this removes all my makeup without stripping my skin. Sometimes I will wash my face after other times I don't and that is usually when I have done a peel. Because my skin is so sensitive and red this lotion works like a charm and doesn't irritate my skin. I like this one and the 3 in 1 water so I can't say one is better than the other it's what suits your needs.

For a DS product Vichy is one of my favorites hands down besides LRP. This is a very gentle product that will leave the skin soft and clean. Nor has it made me breakout which, is very important to me. It take some getting used to because you only need a small amount of lotion with the water I will saturate a whole cotton pad. With this it isn't necessary just a quarter size amount is enough. My skin also doesn't feel like it has a residue just soft clean skin. I think this is a little pricy but the quality of the product makes it worth it. The fact that it works very well doesn't hurt either. So if your in a store that carries Vichy and have dry,sensitive skin definitely give this a try.
Recommended!

on 10/26/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

As some others have said, this left a slight slimy residue on my skin and broke me out a little. It was a good make up remover though. I prefer LRP, but everyone is different.

on 8/31/2013 9:51:00 AM

I'd read about micellar cleansing waters not long after I started getting super sensitive skin and persistent rosacea-like redness. It seemed like the exact thing I needed - gentle yet thorough cleansing; bearing in mind at this point I was struggling with dryness and irritation just using water on my face. I opted for this product because it was the most readily available, whereas the fragrance-free Bioderma water was only really obtainable online. I used this product on its own while trying it, no other toners, moisturisers, etc.

It's very difficult to know exactly what to think about this product, or micellar cleansers in general. I get the appeal of them; it's easy, you're not splashing water all over the bathroom, and it's very gratifying to see the day's dirt and grime come off onto the cotton pad. However, this solution just didn't do it for me. It felt a bit slimy going on, and left a tacky feeling on my face afterwards, which to me is a bit uncomfortable. It would take two or three cotton pads until I would feel confident that I was completely cleansed; this seemed rather wasteful as you'd then have to factor in the cost of the extra pads being used. After using it for a few weeks I didn't really seem to be any better off. My face was still pretty dried out and as irritated as ever; whether this was because of the fragrance in the product or for another reason I'll never know, but overall it wasn't something that particularly agreed with my skin.

I could possibly see it being useful as a pre-cleanser for someone who wears makeup or stubborn sunscreen - maybe that's how it's intended to be used? But as a cleanser it left a lot to be desired, and made me yearn to return to a water-soluble cleanser.

on 8/31/2013 3:47:00 AM

This is only a smidge below Bioderma but I also highly rate this since its easier to get hold of. Slight unobtrusive fragrance and wipes everything clean. Far ahead of Caudalie, Nuxe and LRP cleansing waters. Packaging is great and the tip of a cotton bud fits in perfectly. No residue, moisturising and effective stubborn make up remover. Highly recommended before you try other more expensive ones.

on 7/17/2013 12:36:00 AM

I have very oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. The lady at shoppers drug mart recommended this to me instead of makeup remover because most makeup removers are oil based, and I didn't want to make my skin any more oily than it already is. I have to say, I love this product. Put some on a cotton pad, hold it on your eye for about three to five seconds, and in one swipe, my heavy eye makeup was gone. It didn't burn, clog my pores, or leave and residue. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

This micellar water is amazing, it doesnt irritate my sensitive eyes And it leaves my skin toned And non-greasy which I adore. I put on my vichy aqualia thermal moisturiz

on 6/25/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS STUFF. I just recently got hip to the micellar water game and I feel like I was missing out. Using this stuff with a cotton ball before washing your face is a great way to get all of your make up/dirt/sunblock off before doing the initial wash. It's a great step because it gets a lot of the gook off without stripping your face. Before using this I was doing a double wash with my face. Once with my hands and another with my Clarisonic. Now I can use this gentle water to get all of my make up off from the day and use my Clarisonic to get up all of the rest. In the morning this stuff is my favorite because I don't have to worry about washing my face in the morning -- I just grab a cotton ball and use this stuff before I apply my SK-II FTE then moisturizer. Definitely saves me 2 minutes (instead of using my Clarisonic in the morning). I hear a lot of MUA use this backstage in btwn shows so they don't wreck havoc on models skin. This stuff is so gentle; I can totally understand why.

For now on a staple in my skincare routine.

I can't believe I haven't heard of this product until very recently. I've been on a hunt for Bioderma and just never felt driven enough to pay over $25 for it on Ebay, since we cannot get it in the US. Then I found out that Vichy and La Roche-Posae both make a similar product and Vichy's is actually much cheaper.
I LOVE this cleanser and stocked up on the travel sizes as well (Ulta is currently running a promotion on this. You get one travel size micellar water cleanser with Vichy purchase until June 29th, 2013).

It only takes one cotton pad with this solution on to remove all of the makeup, including a mascara and then I use another one after to pick up anything that may have left over. Finished with Dermalogica's reserfacing cleanser with lactic acid for a gentle exfoliation and I am good to go. No break outs and the skin feels clean, fresh and luminous.
I will definitely buy more of this in the future and will recommend to everyone.

on 5/23/2013 8:48:00 PM

I love this product. I have been using it for 5 years. If you see in my wishlist and bio, I love Vichy products. This cleanser is a 3in1 Cleanser - 1. Cleansing Milk, 2. Toning lotion, and 3. Eye make-up remover. Awesome, some times I forget to use the Cleansing Solution Toner to wash after, but you don't have too. Smell fresh, creamy, great for oily to normal skin (like me), and gets the make-up off especially safe for eyes. I alway but the special offer of 300ml and it lasts me about 6 months. Great for $$ value. Thanks for reading.