October 24, 2014 | 1753 users online

Sunscreen - Peter Thomas Roth - Instant Mineral SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by gordostyle

I have the SPF 45 product, but the product and packaging seem similar.

This product is okay. It does leave an orange-y hue on my skin that doesn't thrill me, but that said it is better than a sunburn or sun damage.

The packaging is pretty awful, as most other reviewers have said. Very messy and a lot gets wasted.

I would never put this tube in my bag, except maybe if it was in a plastic Ziploc bag, because the powder gets all over and I'd be worried it would come open and make a big mess.

I probably will buy this again because I live in a sunny climate and I am very fair, so sun protection is a must. If and when I find something better, I will make the switch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I love the convenience of this product. If I'm on the go and need sunscreen I just whip this out and I'm ready to go.
My only gripe about this is the packaging. The powder gets everywhere! I mean everywhere! I think the way the packing is designed is very poor. They need to ensure the powder than end up all over inside your purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by pandapaige

Perfect for my oily acne skin

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's a possible alternative for those who are allergic to chemical sunscreen or am trying to avoid silicones, but if you can use liquid sunscreen then I suggest you avoid this product.

As someone who uses high UVA and PPD (30+) sunscreen products to stay fair, this Instant Mineral SPF 30 did not meet my needs. I went up two foundation shades while using this product! So not what I wanted.

Why 2 lippies then?
1) It's a convenient product: brush and powder all in one applicator!
2) it's free of silicones

CONS:
- cheap packaging
- the powder tends to fly everywhere when you take off the lid
- the brush itself is hard and hurts even when using the lightest touch

CONCLUSION: Would not buy again, wouldn't even take it home if it was free.

TIP: I kept the brush applicator and filled it with baking soda (powder) to use as a 'dry shampoo' on the run LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by LeeVogt

I'm reviewing Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30 which I buy from Amazon. This stuff is great for adding sunscreen, but I especially like it for absorbing oil. I love, love, love the container. It's perfect to throw in your purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love it. It doesnt change the color of my makeup, nothing. As i hate lotion sunscreen, this is great for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by cccb

Has anyone noticed that this product is offered in two different sizes (.17 oz & .32 oz) at the same price ($30)? LovelySkin sells the .32 oz so I like to stock up there when they run a sale + buy through ebates. I like this for touch-ups over makeup, plus it adds a little color to my pale complexion. I always keep one in my ski jacket & reapply throughout the day on the mountain, keeps the raccoon eyes away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Well.... I'm really, really pale and cool in my skin...my skin is almost completely white....BUT, this stuff is ORANGE!!!!!! On my skin this is orange!! Some kind of brownish orange colour, that is DARKER than my skin....this looks horrible, I can't walk out like this.... :-(

It takes time to get the summertan, and i won't be able to use this until than because it's darker ....but than I won't be able to use it because it has a WARM tone!!! Warm! My skin is cool, cool.... Oooh, I'm soo disappointed...I had sooo high expectations on this....

Well, the colour is a disaster. But the "formula" is ok, even if its extremely finely milled so it flyes everywhere when you open the lid.... On the skin it is matte in the start, but becomes oily after a while, so it does not work like a powder just because it looks like one...

I have only used it for 3 days, and havent had it in strong sun yet...

I have to find out how to solve the colour-problem, otherways i'll have to use this only on my body (or give it away/sell it). I guess i won't repurchase until PTR makes a lighter shade for us really pale ones here in the north (Sweden)....

:-(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdmgc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My everyday sunscreen (since I don't spend much time outside) used on top of SPF 15 moisturizer.It's fragrance-free, mattifying (very, very slightly), goes on without messing up my makeup.

When I apply it, I always feel like there's nothing coming out but if I brush the brush applicator against dark jeans, I can see that there is powder being dispensed, it's just extremely fine.

No whiteness, no change in the color of my face/makeup. No shine, no oil, no irritation, no acne.

Great for on-the-go touchups, everyday use, or those days when you end up being outside longer than you thought (let's face it, the sunscreen you applied at 7am is pretty much useless by mid-afternoon).

No issues with breakage of the tube/packaging after carrying it in my purse for 3 months. The brush is a bit scratchy, but it doesn't mess up my makeup so I can get over it. Still, having this in a compact might be better...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why other companies haven't picked up on this concept. It's genious! It brushes on easily, does not leave any white cast, can actually downplay the shine from creamy sunscreens and is overall just a perfectly handy little touch up SPF to keep in your bag. I do think its a supplement to a good cream spf, though, I would not use it on its own.

PROs: No scent, no color, invisible on skin, does not break me out, protects well in combination with SPF base (be it moisturiser, foundation, MMU etc - it works well with all).

CONs: Brush is rubbish! Feels rough and hard on skin. Can be hard to dispense. Container is slightly flimsy (gives a clacking sound when you close it). Price and availability can be tricky in Europe as another reviewer mentioned.

Also DO NOT TWIST THAT BOTTOM! The thing will open and all the minerals will pour out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No