Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 4/28/2015 12:01:00 AM

I love this stuff. It doesn't seem like much but the exfoliating grit is perfect. It doesn''t foam up much, hardly at all actually. I don't need much to wash my face and it rinses off super easy as well. I always try to find cheaper alternatives to this but nothing seems comparable. The price is ridiculous though. I've never pay full price. I always keep my eye out of sales

on 4/7/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE philosophy's skin care products. They truly cannot be beat. I am an avid user of purity cleanser and recently decided to try this wash in the evening since it not only cleanses, it resurfaces, as well. I was able to score an 8 oz bottle at ULTA for $15 during their 21 days of beauty event - WIN!

The product itself is amazing. The smell is very clinical - meaning, neutral. It has a faint scent, but it's very light and unless you have a super sensitive nose, it won't even bother you. I use my Mia2 with it and I get great results. My skin is clean, smooth, and soft but not tight. This is definitely my evening go to cleanser after the Boscia oil makeup remover.

I highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Received the purity made simple cleanser, daily exfoliating wash and hope in a jar as a pre-Christmas gift.

Philosophy daily exfoliating wash is gentle enough to use every evening and isn't drying. Another pro is that I can determine the amount of exfoliating beads I need dispensed by shaking the bottle. Whether skin needs a heavy duty exfoliation, middle of the road exfoliation, or mild exfoliation, it's all in the shake. lol

Impressed with this product and will repurchase.

on 1/18/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I give this a four and not a five because the smell is just weird! Not in a bad, can't tolerate smell but just weird. I use this only at night in the shower, after I removed my makeup. Well the first time I used it, it made my already dry enough nose flaky and my forehead rough feeling. I was very discouraged. Before I used it again the second night, I read the back of the bottle, something like wash for 30-60 seconds. I counted 30 seconds, rinsed and my face was tight even though I was in the shower. Got out and before I put on my moisturizer, I looked at my face and my nose was not flaky and my skin was really smooth. The grains in the product is very fine and I guess you need to scrub for at least 30 seconds for it to exfoliate. After having it for about a week, I am starting to love it for an everyday night routine. I bought it online at ulta.com .
I have a not fully healed nose piercing and I was afraid to use this product because of the fine grains but it's perfectly fine. I just rinse the piercing after just in case.

I use this product in the morning only. It is not made to remover makeup. I prefer to use this cleanser during the winter months when my skin is drier and needs more attention on exfoliation. It's very light which makes it okay to use daily. It does not disappoint if I use it this way.

on 12/18/2014 6:34:00 PM

The exfoliating grains in the wash are very tiny and not enough of them to really do a good job. The cleanser base is a gel-cream wash and I do not feel like it cleans my face as well as my regular cleanser does.

on 12/10/2014 12:40:00 AM

I like this face exfoliator very much. I have oily acne prone but sensitive skin that will get irritated with some facial scrubs, due to using Retain A Micro. The bottle lasted me quite a while, but I only used it every few days or so. It does say on the packaging that it is gentle enough to use every day and I'm sure that's true for some. My main problem is the packaging. I like that the scrub is kept in a squeeze bottle, but the flip top lid kept clogging on mine because it wouldn't open all the way. I am not sure if it was just my bottle that had the problem or if they all have that problem. For me, it was also pricey. I did some research on the ingredients and one of the main exfoliants was something called "diatomaceous earth." Diatomaceous earth can be purchased in health food stores for about $20 for a huge container that lasts forever and can be used as a substitute for this. I mix it with Purity Made Simple or OCM recipe and scrub away with the same result.

on 11/23/2014 8:21:00 PM

What I love about this product is you decide how much of an exfoliant you want. For a good scrub, shake the bottle vigourously, and don't shake for a light exfoliation. My skin feels clean afterwards and looks brighter.

It's a little pricier than drugstore exfoliants but there's a lot of product in the bottle.

on 10/29/2014 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok, so I tried a sample size once and my face became irritated and red. I then put a few drops of When Hope is not enough serum on and went to bed. I thought I would never buy this product due to the irritation. In the morning, however, my skin was radiant and a breakout I had on my chin was much improved. So... I thought this product did my skin some good. I went off and bought a try me kit with this, Purity made simple, Hope in a Jar night and Hope in a jar day.

For the first two weeks this system worked really well. Then I started to notice breakouts where I never breakout, bumps, lumps, redness and severe dehydration. I believe this particular product makes my skin very dry and then very oily- my skin produces more oil when use this. Probably to compensate. This either did not help my skin at all and the improvement was down to the serum or it helped my skin only to later make it dehydrated, flaky, dull, bumpy and hurt. I actually poured about half of the bottle down the skin because I don't want to be tempted to use this again. I am that disheartened.

Please be ware that Philosophy products seem to work for a few weeks and then... BAM! I got the horrible reactions. Overrated, dehydrating and harsh. Would not recommend.

on 10/12/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love, Love, Love this product. I use it just about everyday it is that gentle. It is also very effective in exfoliation even though to me, it is a very gentle exfoliating wash. I use this every morning to prep my skin for moisturizer and makeup. I have only purchased in 16oz size (not sure if they have a smaller or bigger size) and it last a long time. A little really does go a long way with this.