December 20, 2014 | 1649 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The exfoliating grains in the wash are very tiny and not enough of them to really do a good job. The cleanser base is a gel-cream wash and I do not feel like it cleans my face as well as my regular cleanser does.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetsister66

I like this face exfoliator very much. I have oily acne prone but sensitive skin that will get irritated with some facial scrubs, due to using Retain A Micro. The bottle lasted me quite a while, but I only used it every few days or so. It does say on the packaging that it is gentle enough to use every day and I'm sure that's true for some. My main problem is the packaging. I like that the scrub is kept in a squeeze bottle, but the flip top lid kept clogging on mine because it wouldn't open all the way. I am not sure if it was just my bottle that had the problem or if they all have that problem. For me, it was also pricey. I did some research on the ingredients and one of the main exfoliants was something called "diatomaceous earth." Diatomaceous earth can be purchased in health food stores for about $20 for a huge container that lasts forever and can be used as a substitute for this. I mix it with Purity Made Simple or OCM recipe and scrub away with the same result.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by PersistentCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What I love about this product is you decide how much of an exfoliant you want. For a good scrub, shake the bottle vigourously, and don't shake for a light exfoliation. My skin feels clean afterwards and looks brighter.

It's a little pricier than drugstore exfoliants but there's a lot of product in the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I tried a sample size once and my face became irritated and red. I then put a few drops of When Hope is not enough serum on and went to bed. I thought I would never buy this product due to the irritation. In the morning, however, my skin was radiant and a breakout I had on my chin was much improved. So... I thought this product did my skin some good. I went off and bought a try me kit with this, Purity made simple, Hope in a Jar night and Hope in a jar day.

For the first two weeks this system worked really well. Then I started to notice breakouts where I never breakout, bumps, lumps, redness and severe dehydration. I believe this particular product makes my skin very dry and then very oily- my skin produces more oil when use this. Probably to compensate. This either did not help my skin at all and the improvement was down to the serum or it helped my skin only to later make it dehydrated, flaky, dull, bumpy and hurt. I actually poured about half of the bottle down the skin because I don't want to be tempted to use this again. I am that disheartened.

Please be ware that Philosophy products seem to work for a few weeks and then... BAM! I got the horrible reactions. Overrated, dehydrating and harsh. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by LoveJasonA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, Love, Love this product. I use it just about everyday it is that gentle. It is also very effective in exfoliation even though to me, it is a very gentle exfoliating wash. I use this every morning to prep my skin for moisturizer and makeup. I have only purchased in 16oz size (not sure if they have a smaller or bigger size) and it last a long time. A little really does go a long way with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by dftns107

I used this once and hated it! I felt like i was washing my face with glass shards. I will never use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by kellyjo7727

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this after purity made simple. Buy the big duo from qvc best place to get products. My skin is happy happy happy n me too. I stopped using my ckairsonic use purity with a washcloth then this cleanser. Wish I would've have never invested in that brush. It did nothing the washcloth n purity are much more effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by CopyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the few negative reviews on here. Did nothing to clear my skin (in fact, I feel a residue that's almost oily), and now I have this giant bottle that's more than half full and occupying valuable real estate on the corner of my tub. But considering the cost (not a cheap product) I'm hesitant to pitch it. If you try this out first time, get a small bottle, if possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I had heard so many raves about this product and after using I for several months I can see why. My dull skin has never been brighter and smootther. Yes, it's a bit expensive but you get what you pay for and it last forever! I use 3x a week at night, however that might change once the weather gets cooler.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For an exfoliating product, I don't think it does much of it. The little grainy bits are so tiny it doesn't do all that much with one wash. Maybe if this product was used everyday it could make the face smooth and flake free. But all that would do is dry it out too much and make it worse over time.

Texture: Gel/Cream with little bits in it.

Scent: Not bothersome. Standard. i don't think this would bother someone that's sensitive to fragrance.

Finish: I feel like this takes makeup off better than the Purity cleanser but this left my face feeling tight, which I hate.

Effects: Still flakey and my foundation shows dry patches. But at the same time, oily too. Just doesn't cut it for what it says it does. Perhaps, too gentle. Not worth the money.

Yet another Philosophy product that I'm going to give away. Wasted so much money on this company. Not worth the Hype.