April 19, 2014 | 1266 users online

Conditioner - Aussie - Cleanse and Mend Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by risababy

I love this conditioner! People always comment on how good my hair smells right after I've washed it.

It rinses so clean and doesn't weigh down my thick, coarse hair at all. But it gives it just the right amount of slip. It doesn't make my hair feel like straw and it's all nice and silky after I step out of the shower. Unlike the Moist conditioner, also by Aussie, it doesn't make me break down along my back and hairline.

The packaging is the usually purple Aussie bottle, the cap is a little flimsy and I'm scared of breaking it in the shower, but all in all, it's fine.

This is a great conditioner for a decent price (I sometimes find it for $3 a bottle at Shoppers - in which case I just go HAM). It's just a little hard to find though - it's never at Walmart and only in specific Shopper's Drug Marts. I've purchased this 3 times already and although I have to turn to other conditioners because I can't find it, I always end up loving this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got my first bottle of this quite a while back after looking at reviews on MUA. I have to say, I really like it. The smell is amazing, it rinses well and definitely doesn't leave a residue. I can see how this conditioner would be perfect for co-washing, because at the same time, it conditions and leaves my hair softer. The thin, runny texture is very interesting to me, and is definitely why it rinses so well. I don't know that it "mends" but it does the job of a conditioner well. Here is why I really LOVE this product: I like to use conditioner as a shaving cream on my legs. I like how conditioners make my skin feel, BUT most conditioners are a little too thick and kinda clog my razer as if I did a dry shave with lotion. This conditioner does not do that. It protects my skin, leaves it silky soft, and smooth! Also, it rinses clean from my razor! The smell leaves my skin smelling amazing! I did an experiment and shaved one of my legs with this, and one of my legs with skintimate lotionized shaving cream with vitamin E just to make sure that it wasn't too good to be true. It wasn't. I love this stuff, and it's better than shaving cream on my legs! I love this product because it does double duty. I have one product for both shaving and conditioning my hair. Less space taken up in my shower, and a little more easy on my pocketbook! Will definitely keep this around!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by StilettoQueen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great product. When I first used this I definitely noticed a difference, it left my fine hair soft, smooth, healthy and smelling lovely, and it doesn't weigh it down. I don't notice it making my hair any oilier, probably because I already have oil issues with my fine hair anyways and still have to wash my hair daily no matter what product I use. Used by itself or in conjunction with the Cleanse and Mend Shampoo, it really has made a difference, it moisturizes my constantly colour treated/heat styled hair nicely, and my hair is definitely smoother and healthier and less frizzy because of it. I will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. My hair is bleached to a light blonde shade (from dark brown) so I have a fair amount of damage. I also have very fine hair.

I was using Pantene and my hair looked so oily and limp. Just generally gross. Switched shampoos and added this conditioner.

Perfect. Rinses clean, leaves my hair shiny but not limp/greasy.

So glad I tried it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Great!!! Love this conditioner.Left my hair shiny & smooth.Perfect buy~

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the big pump sized bottle for around $5. Awesome value. I purchased it because I've recently been trying co-washing and after reading some reviews on here, figured this would be great since I have an oily scalp. I used the Wen method of cleansing with this, and OMG. In the past 10 days, I have used Wen (6oz from ebay for $15), Hair One (16oz for $11) and this. Aussie wins hands down. Better smell, better value, my roots are STILL clean from any greasies 7 hours later. Usually the longest I could go with Wen or Hair One was about 5 hours, give or take.
Not only are my roots still awesome, it gave terrific body and bounce, and my ends are REALLY soft. My fingers can run through my hair no problem. My hair is still shiny, maybe not *quite* as shiny as Wen made it, but shiny enough!
I think I'll be sticking with this for quite a while, and use the other ones once a week for more conditioning.

**Update** It seems like after a while, this does tend to build up/get a little waxy. It's great for every once in a while, but I've converted to Loreal's Evercreme CC for daily use. I'm using this up on my son's hair instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by finnybite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I have straight, very oily, color-treated Asian hair and this is the only conditioner that moisturizes my ends but doesn't take forever to rinse out and doesn't make my hair greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

I love this conditioner!! I haven't been able to buy it in a long time because my Walmart is always out of stock. It really does make your hair feel cleaner and healthier, too! I love Aussie brand because they don't use a lot of the harsh chemicals that I react horribly with and the smell is great. When I can't get organic shampoos and conditioners (or if I want to switch it up), I always get this brand.

In the meantime, I've been using their 'Moist' conditioner, which seems to work well too, but not as well as the Cleanse and Mend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I have this in the pump bottle and I love it so much. The smell is amazing and it reminds me of a fresh mango. This really conditions deep and doesn't leave a film on my hair. It doesn't way it down or make it feel oily. I also love shaving my legs with this because it moisturizes so well. I am almost out of this and will be repurchasing this within the next week.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by adorible

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the most satisfying drug store purchases I've made. Does my hair feel like I came from the Salon, no. Has it felt better with more expensive products, yes, however the bottle lives up to its promise that my normally oily roots feel clean and bouncy and my ends ( damaged from a perm 6 months ago) look more presentable than they have in months. Add to it that this product smells excellent, comes in a convenient pump bottle, and cost only $5. I have finally found a product that I might stick with.