November 23, 2014 | 1928 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this lip balm AS a lip balm—it's fairly moisturizing, not too shiny, and adds a natural tint.

However, my sister SWEARS by it as a quick cheek stain, and I have to say that she's 100% spot-on. It makes the skin on my cheeks look dewy and flushed. No need to add a lot—just a tiny swipe on each cheek, then blend.

It also hasn't clogged my pores one bit—if anything, my skin looks better.

I strongly recommend this, both as a lip balm and also as a keep-it-in-your-pocket go-to. Seriously!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not impressed with this. This makes my lips feel nice for about 5 minutes and then when it dries it leaves my lips very dry and I even experience peeling. Maybe I personally just have a reaction to one of the ingredients but IMO you can get a much better product than this lip balm. It does not give long term moisture and you have to apply about once per hour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I bought Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm for the inclusion of pomegranate oil, which is supposedly one of the better skin care ingredients for preserving youthful, healthy skin. I will continue to apply this lip balm during the day but I must say this in no way, shape or form competes with my standby: Cococare Cocoa Butter Lip Balm. If I had to rely on this Burt's Bee's lip balm exclusively to prevent chapped lips, it wouldn't do the job. Within an hour of application my lips feel somewhat more dry, which I think might stem from some of the natural fragrances added to this formula (it contains eugenol [clove], limonene and other potential skin sensitizing fragrant oils). In addition, I don't really care for the slightly medicinal fragrance that seems to accompany every Burt's Bee's lip product I've tried. Just the same, I will continue using this product at least once per day to see if the pomegranate oil benefits become more apparent in time. If I see any improvements that I have been unable to obtain with Cococare or even Chapstick, I'll update this review.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Petrie03

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I've tried some of their other lip balms so I was expecting about the same from this one as well. First off, it's PINK!!!!!! No joke. The lip balm itself is a vivid bright pink, but don't let that scare you. The first time I used it I noticed immediately that it does stain your lips(which I usually do not like). I wore it to school by itself(I tend to do that) and it left a nice subtle pink that lasted for three hours, considering it is a lip balm-that's impressive. This one is lighter than the other ones I've tried, which is a little disappointing cause it wears off easy and fast. It also has a strange tingle or just refreshing feel when worn. It also has an AMAZING smell. Overall I like the product and it is good for those who like to have something on their lips without feeling heavy or a fan of tinted lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by kapeluszkaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first product from Burt's Bees. It is so great, I would never expected this. A little bit goes a long way, it moisturizes and makes my lips look natural and pretty. I think it gives tini-tiny colour payoff but I don't know, maybe it's just me :) Love this - worth to try ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Compared to the original: more slippery, but not as moisturizing. I've had the tube for years and find myself only reaching for it when there is nothing else in sight.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a okay product. i got it in a travel size kit. it helped my lips some, but my lips arent like incredibly soft but theyre not super dry anymore. when i apply this, its sorta hard to apply. it feels really waxy. i like carmex better but this could work for other people so you could give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Potatomonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lip balm wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It smelled sort of fruity and planty and had this bright magenta colour. I had to use a ton for my extremely dry eczema ridden lips, but that turned them super bright! Aside from that, it was quite greasy and didn't actually soak in to my lips very much. The rest of the lip balm that didn't soak in wore off and stained nearly everything that came close to me magenta. It didn't lock in any moisture and gave my lips a tiny bit of hydration. Unfortunately, the small bit of hydration it did give my lips evaporated away anyway. The scent and packaging was the best part of this lip balm, but nothing else.
Take care and happy balming everyone! :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- none

CONS

- scent
- doesn't moisturize
- greasy

COMMENTS: First thing I noticed was the scent! It smells terrible! It's very medicinal and it lingers on the lips for a while. It's also greasy in texture and doesn't moisturize.

Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

Out of all the Burt's Bees lip balms I've tried, this is my least favourite. I don't feel that it moisturizes well, nor does it smell like pomegranate, at all. It contains pomegranate oil, which contributes to it's oily feel upon my lips, but for me, it just sits upon my lips. I don't feel it sinking in and moisturizing. Also, once the product has rubbed off of my lips, they're immediately dry. What's the point of trying to replenish my lips every hour with a balm that doesn't work(?!?!). Very disappointed and frankly surprised about this particular product as other fave lip balm is a Burt's Bees brand chapstick!