July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by charleyzombiie

Amaaaaaazing. I've suffered with sensitive/acne-prone/oily/all around shitty skin for years. Ive tried so many expensive facial washes until i came across this! The camomile ingredient completely soothes the skin and gets rid of any redness, so when i wash my face it gives an amazing matt finish instead of the usual greasiness! I literally can't go without it, thanks to Lush my skin is completely clear! Only downside is it can dry out the skin, but if you've got a decent moisturizer it'll be fine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface my review by stating: I only use this bar when I've had an unfortunate random breakout and/or when hormones jack my skin up.
Eg. I was testing out a newer glycolic toner, which appeared to work for a few days, then all of the sudden I woke up with spots. Ugh.

Also, let me say, in order for this to work, you have to take your freaking makeup off to begin with. I see lots of poor reviews for specialty cleansers and if you read them carefully, they rarely mention they took off their makeup before using. DO IT.

So during these times, I take off my existing make up with some Bioderma and wet my face, making a sort of lather/paste with the FF soap. It does have a calamine smell so if you can't stand smelling it on your bug bites in the Summer, you might want to pass. I don't mind it.

I do a soft cleansing with my hands and then leave some of the paste to dry only on the places where there are spots. I tend to leave it on for about five minutes then rinse and pat dry. I might use a couple drops of lite oil or sometimes I just go to bed as is.

I think the key here is to view this soap as a "treatment soap" and not use it all the time. If I were to use this daily, it would dry my face and I wouldn't like it at all. Repeat after me: "treatment soap".

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Everybody reacts to products individually... I personally have found my HG face wash in this. Im in my mid 30s and have skin problems since my late 20s. Hormonal cycts and the start of rosacea. Ive taken BC pills, antibiotics, topical solutions but my skin looks better than it has in long time since Ive been using Fresh Farmacy (and 9 to 5 Cleanser from LUSH too). FF is very mild and gentle, with minimal lather that cleanses well without leaving a soapy residue. Bar soap normally tears my skin up and dries it out terribly, but FF I used all through a rough midwestern winter and never had this problem (always use First Aid Beauty face cream afterwards). I used to use Cetaphil and Aquanil but those are full of parabens and preservatives which clogged my pores. I'll stick to FF and 9 to 5 from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by westcoasthippie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product gve me cystic acne. And no matter what I do now, it won't go away. Thank you lush for taking away any shred of remaining confidence i had left. No wonder all your employees have shit skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a good acne treatment, especially for the especially oily. It was too drying for me but I think if you wanted a good natural acne cleanser, this might be worth getting a sample of. A little water on the bar makes an almost calamine lotion consistency that doubles as a cleanser and spot treatment. Unfortunately for me it was too drying, even when I started using it just on problem areas. After trying this for over two months I noticed an increase in dry, flakey skin around breakouts, which wasn't worth it to me. When I stopped using it, it dried out very quickly, so I feel that buying large chunks of this soap is a no-no, but maybe I got an old batch.

Like all Lush bar products, I love the minimal waste packaging and the fact that you can get a sample of this, as well as specifying in store how much you want of this bar. If you are lucky enough to live near a Lush, you can buy this soap in smaller quantities and always gaurantee a fresh bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I was actually using Herbalism for awhile and liked it at first but found after awhile it wasn't doing much so i switched over to Fresh Farmacy.
Pros:
Smell
Makes your skin feel squeaky clean - literally
Easy to use
Has cleared up red blemishes on my skin

Cons:
You WILL need a moisturizer after this product. It definitely does leave your skin a bit tight.
The packaging irritates me.

When the woman told me to try a moisturizer after this product i literally laughed at her. I have oily, acne prone skin so i have NEVER used a moisturizer before. That just seemed silly to me, but I've come to learn that moisturizer can actually help oily skin balance itself out! Even if that wasn't the case, this cleanser leaves your skin tight and you will need it regardless. I used Lush's Vanishing Cream and love it! It literally vanishes into your skin, no shiny lotion feel, it goes on matte and very light.
My only other complaint is the packaging. They just wrap it in the deli-like paper and that's it. I wish it came in a pot or something but they tell you to just leave it on the sink like a bar of soap. I don't really like that, so i used my old Herbalism pot instead, which isn't very fancy in itself so i do wish it came with better packaging.
Other than that i really do like this product, it has helped a little bit with the oil in my t zone, and it has really helped balance out the pigment in my face. Definitely recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

I am a huge LUSH fan, but this was the first cleanser I had tried from there. The smell is very nice and comforting for me and the roductsbgoes on to the skin fine. It lathers nicely but when I rinsed off my skin was really red and had that squeaky clean feel which I personally don't like. It didn't do anything for my blemishes and I used it for about two months until I switched to Herbalism. It is listed as a spot treatment on the LUSH website and its said to be suitable for sensitive skin but I didn't think it was. However I'm not put off by LUSH and I will write a review on Herbalism soon

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a normal face wash after my mask (cosmetic warrior) and it cleans very well but I recommend a moisturizer after it, it's very good for acne and helps clean oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have an obsession with Lush products at the moment so I decided to buy this facial cleanser as well. I was quite apprehensive about this cleanser since my facial skin is very oily and prone to breakouts. I have probably tried dozens of facial cleansers and I was satisfied with only a few of them. However, this cleanser turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It actually diminishes breakouts pretty fast, my skin felt clean after using it and it improved my overall skintone including the visibility of large pores.

This is a cleanser in the form of a solid bar and the only problem I have with it is that it tends to melt away quickly. I really had to give it some time to dry after using it. Another tip is to cut the bar into smaller pieces and use them one by one.

Will be buying this again though. It is not that expensive compared to other facial cleansers like Clinique and MD formulations for instance so I think it's good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by ActNaturally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works very well! It calms my skin down once I've taken off my makeup and it feels more moisturised afterwards. I haven't been broken out by this either. A downside is that is does seem pricey for what it does but it should last months. I just wet my hands and get some of the product on and then use it on my face. I do this as opposed to putting the bar directly on my face to just eliminate the risk of spreading the bacteria and letting it grown on the product. It is difficult storing the product because I sometimes forget to put the paper back over it but the product doesn't seem to be effected