TiGi S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Dethylhexanoate, Disopropyl Adipate, Disopropyl Sebacate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I do not iron my hair often enough to write a fair review. Basically I like the product but not for that price.
I have it anyway and I am not using it often. I am wondering if it is a good idea to use it on the beach or out in hot sunny days just like a defence for the hair of the sun. Please advice!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is great stuff. I have thick, wavy, highlighted hair that I flat iron two or three times a week. I use about six sprays of S Factor, comb through, then straighten. That might be too many or too few sprays for you depending on your hair type, you just have to experiment a little. Overall, I get great results, my hair is straight, soft, shiny, and smells good. People always ask me what I use--I figure that's always a sign of a good product. It is expensive if you get it at the salon, but you can generally purchase on eBay or Amazon at a discount. Agree that the packaging is awkward, but I find I can work around it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just rubbish. I read SO many reviews on loads of websites saying that this was the best heat protector ever and the only one to make serious difference to heat damage. Well, that was nonsense. No better than anything else on any level. I used it for nearly a year on and off, my hair was no better. The packaging is weird and annoying, the lid was difficult to get on and off and trying to do so often sent the bottle flying out of my hands. I didn't particularly care for the smell either. I don't generally like sprays at all, I'd much rather have a cream/lotion type hair product but I deal with sprays if the product is particularly good. This one really isn't. Worst of all, the texture is ridiculous. It's just... grease. It's like heavy silicone but also seems like just oil at the same time, bizarrely. You need to use such a tiny, tiny amount that 9 times out of 10 you'll end up with far too much from a single spray. It's so easy to end up with filthy hair that's wet with grease, so much so you'll have to wash your hair again straight away. Massively inconvenient and incredibly annoying. I'd tried hundreds upon hundreds of hair products in my life and never found this with any other. You have to use so little to avoid the hair being utterly soaked with grease that there probably isn't enough to actually protect from the heat, thus rendering it useless. I would do one small spray into my hand, spread it across my hands and blot a bit on a tissue, then smoothe it evenly through my mid length to long-ish hair. There was STILL so much instant grease that my hair wouldn't dry properly and would sizzle under the straighteners. Awful, awful product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I haven't found many straightening products that are actually effective on my coarse, curly hair so I'm pretty loyal to this. On the positive side, you don't need a lot so it lasts a long time, I like the spray formula, and it really does help hair to be straightened and glossy. On the negative side, it's expensive, can make your hair look greasy if you're not careful, and I don't personally care for the artificial watermelon candy smell.
I will probably continue to try to find something that is just as effective but a little more reasonably priced, but in the meantime this is my secret weapon.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product is ridiculously overpriced. The packaging is a weird plastic type. As for the effectiveness of the product, it was okay. Made my hair look and feel just okay after flat ironing my thick coarse and wavy hair.I gave this one lippy because of the price ($32? Seriously? ) and because of the smell.Yuck! To me, it smells like watermelon candy.If a watermelon candy scent is your idea of a good hair product scent then this is definitely for you.Im going to pass on this product and never go near it again.Cant figure out how this is getting good reviews.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

First off, this product is completely overpriced. It does smell amazing though. Other than the scent (which doesn't last) this product was pretty un-impressive. I have to agree with the other reviewer who mentioned the static issue after using. It does cause a ton of static for some reason. Because of that, I only use this now when my hair is curly for shine and scent. I doubt that I would re-purchase. There are better products on the market.

I tuly love this stuff. I have been using it for years...and just realized I hadn't written a review yet. You have to be careful...it has the capacity to get greasy. I hate the package (it DOES drop all over if it gets on its side). Also, if you drop the container, it may crack. I truly wish that they'd make over the package (thus, the two lippies...honestly, I was being generous).
This is such a marvelous product, though. I love it.

First of all, it smells amazing! Strawberry sorbet or smth, amazing smile that lasts at least for a few hours. I bought it based on the hyper-reviews and I wasn't fooled this time.
Second, it does protect and give a beautiful, striking noticeable shine to the hair. Good quality product.
I already used it for a few months and not even half the bottle is consumed yet. It's kinda pricey, but based on how much it lasts, the price is kind of ok.

As CONS: the packaging!! Horrible! The top part (made of cheap glossy plastic) does not fit perfectly the bottle and keeps falling. And if by any means, the bottle gets in any other position that vertical, the liquid comes out (from around the pump or i don't know) !!
If i were to change smth in this product, the packaging would be! For this price, they could have done it so much better.

Overall, maybe I'll rebuy. That 'MAYBE' is not because of the bad quality, but because there are so many wonderful hair products in the world and I'd like to try more. This has not won me so completely to make it my HG.

Absolutely incredible stuff! I was actually on the verge of purchasing new hair straighteners as I thought they weren't performing very well but this product has changed all that.
I have naturally wavy hair cut in a bob which if it were long would look lovely but as it's a bob it needs straightening at the moment. No matter how much I straightened my hair would never stay smooth and sleek but just a few sprays of this amazing product and my hair looks smooth and glossy and perfectly straight!
I have used heat protection sprays before but never found one that worked very well, they are all too wet in consistency and my hair looked fried with most of them. I read the reviews on here for the tigi s factor spray but put off purchasing for a while due to the high price. Eventually I caved and bought it and I'm so pleased I did. It's worth every single penny and it's saved me 100 on new straighteners!

I bought this almost two years ago based on the reviews I read here and I absolutely adore it. First of all, the smell- it's like delicious strawberry candy and I never get sick of it. I use this for blowdrying after using a serum or hair oil of some sort and it makes my hair extremely soft and smooth (and again, smell delicious). I notice a difference when I don't use it, my hair does not feel as good without it. It may just be the first hair product, aside from of course shampoo and conditioner, that I have actually finished and repurchased. I love it! Give it a try.

Popular Styling Products