October 21, 2014 | 1725 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Banastre

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At 83, I think I am eligible to comment on this product. I have used it for one week, and already I can see an improvement in my skin texture. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I do use a moisturiser every day. My regime is to moisturise first and then spread a pea-size amount of Protect & Perfect Intense all over my face. The moisturiser seems to help in this. In fact, I find there is usually enough to do at least part of my neck, too. As regards the smell, I can't comment, because age has robbed me of that sense. So far, nobody has "backed off", so I must assume that there isn't a problem there. I know a week isn't long to form a judgment, so I'll post again if things go haywire! My only advice is: if you are old, like me, don't use heavy makeup, particularly if you have had your cataracts done - as I have! It gives one a real shock.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Protect and Perfect INTENSE serum (they have a Protect and Perfect serum as well, that I guess is not as intense? Weird).

The sorta low score on this product surprises me! The reason being is there is so much hype about this product, and it seems well-deserved. Good Housekeeping did a study/survey on the best anti-aging product out there, and they were super impressed with this one. So that's why I bought it last week at Walgreen's, on sale for $18.74. I got the tube version because the pump bottle seems like it would be hard to open and get every last drop out of.

So far, so good. The product feels really good on the skin and makes it look poreless and smoother. It makes fine lines look less noticeable, probably due to the silicones. The one problem is, it's not very liquidy so kind of have to use a lot of product. I need a little more than a pea-sized amount just to cover my whole face (and I probably should be using more). Forget my neck...if I applied it to my neck, too, this tiny tube would probably only last me a few weeks! And if I applied it twice daily as directed...well, I would be out witihn two weeks easily. Definitely a minus. Anyway, no irritation or burning. It feels gentle. And I am impressed with the ingredients (sodium PCA, pro-retinol, and a nice cocktail of anti-oxidants).

As far as long term results go, I've only been using it for a few days...but I will repost results later.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did help reduce the wrinkles on my forehead which was surprising. When I put my foundation on the lines looked more prominent again though! It feels quite nice to put on and you cant tell you have it on once you put it on. I just find serums too expensive and dont like the fact I am putting loads of chemicals on my skin. Also it did seem to lessen some shine I had without looking completely matte.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My nan got a whole bag of these given to her, because the packaging had been water damaged a little bit, along with a load of No7 mascaras, day and night creams and face powders. Naturally, being a beauty junkie, I couldn't resist when she offered for me to take my pick. I gave the moisturisers a miss, but I had been looking for a serum because I have very oily skin and wanted to supply moisture to it without the whole shine situation I usually get with even oil free moisturisers. I know I'm only 19 and the anti-wrinkle properties would obviously not be of use to me, but I suffer with large pores and saw that this claimed to reduce those within 4 weeks. I usually find it so difficult to stick to a regime for even a week, but I stuck to this applying once before bed every day for about 3 weeks. The reason I stopped however was because it was obviously after this time that it wasn't going to do anything for me. My pores are still huge and even the tiny early crow's feet wrinkles were not affected by it. I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect, but I think maybe my skin does look a little less red, but in the end it really wasn't worth the effort and I would definitely not pay the £20+ it usually goes for. This may work better for older women with real wrinkles to complain about, but it definitely won't shrink your pores. But let's face it, when it come to wrinkles there's only so much a tube of product can do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by icedcooly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought two tubes of this while traveling as they don't have this in my country, managed even to get it on a 30% sale at a drugstore and somehow got a free eye cream thrown in. Pretty amazing deal. Like one of the other reviewers here, I use the one in an aqua and white tube packaging but it's called the same thing. The tube squeezes effectively and I think it will get all the product out, so bonus points for good packaging. When I first put it on I was a bit hesitant cos it was greasier than I thought it would be and not that quickly absorbed, as some other serums I have used. It's got a gel-like texture, so if you prefer more milky or water-based serums (like Nuxe) this may not be for you. Anyway, texture aside, a small amount hydrated my face very well and got rid of fine lines quickly. It does the job of a much more expensive serum at a drugstore price. Very happy with this product and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by IngerB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What are users aged 19-24 doing writing gushing reviews about an anti-wrinkle serum - they don't have any! If these reviews are to be taken seriously, please use reviews from users in an age bracket where their comments will be believable

35 out of 62 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by MissAkyna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh! I can't express enough on how amazing this product is. This product works great! Not only does it help with wrinkles and such, it has also cleared up my acne I recently got a month ago. The first night I used it, I observed my skin and pimples before putting it on, and the next morning, I instantly saw results, so now when people look at me, they never would have guessed I had bad acne on the side of my cheeks.

It also made my skin more even, and luminous. I use it before make-up, and bed. The smell is fine, the product feels great on my face, and it doesn't make me dry or oily at all. It is a little on the spendy side for only an ounce, but this is by far the best thing ever! My skin loves it and so do I! I don't think I'll ever be able to live without this product! I'm going to continue to use this!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by LipglossChaos

Does not work at all. Ingredients are impressive but levels are not active or high enough to do any real repair or prevention. Stick to sunscreen, hydration, clean living and occasional trips to the dermo. Save your money!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by MitchFrog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot believe what this has done to my face. Severe allergic reaction, puffed-up water filled bags under my eyes, exzema type rash on my face and lips, itchy, burning feel, and across the tops of my cheeks/under eye area it looks like I have been burned. I was not sure what was causing it at first, until I searched on the internet and found other No 7 users with similar symptoms. The product is No 7 protect and perfect serum, but it is in a slimmer, aqua coloured tube, different to the picture shown, I think there are two versions of the serum.

I am now taking antihistamines. It did start to get better, when I stopped using it (although I didn't realise that was the cause) when I used it again I felt the burning sensation, and next day my skin was worse again. Although I tend towards pollen and dust mite allergies, I can usually put most things on my face without trouble. That said I avoid parabens and chemicals generally where I can. I am not allergic to parabens, so it must be something else.

As for the product itself, it felt greasy and full of silicones. When my skin can tolerate anything at all I will return to my usual l'occitane serum, which worked well. I bought the No 7 as a tide-me over when I ran out , and was given a No 7 voucher. The fact that the tube reads hypoallergenic just adds insult to injury.

I don't normally leave such bad reviews, but this product has left me unable to leave the house, I can only hope it recovers in time. Looking at other review sites, most people are happy (or at worse indifferent) about this product, but it seems that a small but significant number have suffered as I have. From now on I am sticking only to organic, natural or products I have used previously. Lesson learned.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the No7 Protect and Perfect Intense range for a couple of years, having progressed from the standard P&P range when I hit my mid thirties. I LOVE these products and would recommend over most of the higher end ranges I've tried over the years. I use the eye cream, followed by the serum and day cream in the morning and find this to be a perfect base for applying make-up (although I find make-up goes on better if you leave to sink in for at least 10 mins) - i've received several comments about how nice my skin looks! Both the eye cream and serum definitely seem to blur fine lines and provide a smooth and silky base. The night cream feels quite rich (albeit a little sticky) but leaves my skin silky soft by morning and seems to really suit my sensitive combination skin. Great products at a great price - although would recommend waiting till Boots are offering No7 on promotion at 3for2 and stocking up! For info, the serum is available in a glass bottle or plastic tube - I personally prefer the tube as it's more travel friendly and you don't get as much waste!