August 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Toners - Boots - Traditional Skincare Range Glycerin and Rose Water

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ninetyfables

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After a 2 year battle with dehydrated, flaking, sore, and generally just tired skin, I was beginning to think that nothing would give me the smooth, supple skin I craved.

I tried loads of high end moisturisers to try and offset the flakiness, but they'd just sit on top of my face like a layer of slime, they just wouldn't sink in. High end and drugstore toners would strip my sensitive face within an inch of its life.

Eventually I saw this on the bottom shelf at Boots. The amazingly simple list of ingredients impressed me after I'd spent ages trawling through what was bad or good for me in the others. So glad I bought this, is fantastic stuff.

It's managed to do everything in 2 weeks that I've wanted for 2 years. It's removed some hard, scaly sun damage I had on one cheek, it's stripped away my flaky sore patches, softened my skin, tightened my pores, allowed my moisturisers to sink in as they should, evened out my skin tone, and some nights I even go without moisturiser because its just so softening on its own.

I truly love this. The price is incredible, the benefits for my dry sensitive skin are endless, and I feel loads more confident about myself. It even smells lovely. What's not to like?!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by littlerosex

I saw the lovely traditional packaging on this product and i just had to buy it. it was something like 3 euro in boots and it is so amazing for the price. i always feel that toner is a bit of a gimick and i rarely find a toner that benefits and does good things for my skin. This product has a light rosewater fragrance but not at all over powering. i have extremly sentistive skin and this toner was moisturising and soothing. since i began using this product my skin looks more glowy and it has actually help clear up some spots. this has a very similar effect to the liz earle instant boost toner so if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to that i recommened this as they are very alike!
will definately buy this again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by angerturnedsideways

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use the 'Traditional' variant and I love it. As mentioned below, the price is excellent. I'm also a fan of the bottle as it is light, doesn't break, and the little opening is small and the cap doesn't leak, so you can take it on (non-flying, as it's a large bottle) holidays.

After cleansing my face at night I use this product instead of a moisturiser. It does leave a sticky residue but I prefer it to a nighttime moisturiser, which I feel is too heavy. When I wake up in the morning my face is smooth and soft. I love the light rose scent as well. Do note that I have no major skin problems other than dryness.

All in all this gives me lovely skin and makes me feel fresh and frugal. I might try the one in the glass bottle once I run out of this, but it's definitely on my stuff that can is worthy of re-buying list.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I've been using it for years.
This stuff is brilliant. It takes away any cold cream residue I've missed and helps reduce redness but it is is gentle and doesn't dry out my skin.
I also use it in a tiny spritz bottle to dampen brushes to apply eyeshadow wet and just to lightly spritz my face if I'm getting oily in the summer.

The bottle is a bit cheap and old fashioned looking but it holds lots, lasts ages and is a really good product for the money.
I've tried the boots organic one, and it is also very good but I think this one is less drying and it's half the price for a bigger bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by cren04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is rubbish. I bought it as i thought the packaging was quite cute and it was less than 3, i usually buy 'Simple' toner and i think thats great but i just fancied giving this one a go, wish i hadnt have bothered. It smells really strong although it is a nice smell, the texture feels greasy rather than watery and cleansing and i found that it left my skin feeling really sticky and greasy not just to the touch but my skin looked visibly greasy and it felt almost clogged by the product. I used this for a week straight to see if it was just my skin trying to adjust to a new product but there has been no imporvement. I definitely would not buy this again or recommend it to anyone, at least i didnt waste much money!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have this, the cleanser and moisturiser. I used to have a ton of spots and when I started using this my skin improved and now I'm almost spot free. It was on the bottom shelf so I didn't see it until my mum pointed it out. It's a nice big bottle too. Don't use too much though, because it can feel a little sticky.
I'm so glad to have found my skincare routine :) Highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice, gentle toner that smells lovely. It works well to remove the residue left by the very poor cold cream in this line. At less than 3 quid, it's quite inexpensive. The old-fashioned packaging is cute as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Tishkaminx

I bought this along with the boots traditional cold cream cleanser. Firstly the cleanser smells liek zinc and castor oil cream and is really quite thin for a cold cream . Secondly the rose water & Glycerine was sticky and left my skin tacky and greasy feeling and I now realise that although I'm a retrophile, it's the vampy incence fragrances that I prefer and full -on lady-like florals like rose and lavender are not for me.

I put this in an atomiser to use up as room scent as i hate to waste a product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by nephine

There are two Glycerin & Rosewater toners made by Boots; one from the "Original" range that comes in a Victorian style glass bottle (approx 5), and one called "Traditional" in a plastic bottle and is less expensive. I thought the only difference between the two (including the price) would be the bottles but I was wrong. Overall, I found both products fantastic for sensitive,dry and acne sore skin, but I use both in two different ways:
The "Traditional" toner has a thicker texture, which leaves a tacky residue on the skin. It reduces redness like nothing else I've tried, but is just too sticky to wear underneath makeup (I use mineral powder). So I use this at night instead of a moisturiser to prevent dry skin and soothe sore blemished areas. It's also hydrating and non-stinging around the eyes, so I use this as a eye-makeup remover too.
The "Original" toner is less thick in texture, and almost immediately dries on the skin. It still moistures and soothes the skin (but not as much as the Traditional brand), and as it leaves no residue, I use this under my mineral foundation.
Both are fantastic skincare essentials for the price, and I recommend you try both so you can see which one works best for your skin.
Nb. I'm going to use this over the winter months to test whether is prevents the sore and flaky skin I always get over the winter months (cold weather and radiators are a nightmare for me!).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product, that, as other reviewers have mentioned, is on the bottom shelves in Boots. But it is so worth finding! I find that it leaves my skin so soft and moisturised and for the price it is pretty hard to beat. Love it!
Edit: after several weeks of use this broke me out very badly.