MAC Satin Blush - Well Dressed

4.2

Ingredients: talc, zinc stearate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, isostearyl neopentanoate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol. May contain: silica, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 30 lake, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake.

on 3/30/2015 1:07:00 PM

I had been looking for a very natural looking blush for so long and this is it..

It builds very naturally on my pale skin (NW15 and NW22 with fake tan on) and just looks like I've a slight glow to my cheeks.

I would definitely recommend this!

on 2/9/2015 2:36:00 PM

On the pan it looks very pretty but I don't feel like it translates nicely on to the skin.on my it looks quite unnatural and makes me look ill.would not repurchase

on 1/23/2015 9:49:00 PM

I received this in a swap with no prior expectations for color or finish as I am not familiar with Mac colors.

In the pan it looks like a fairly light pink, cool-toned, but when applied it goes on as a perfect flush of color on my NC15 neutral-warm skin. I was worried that this would be too blue/mauve-toned for my skin but it really isnít anything like the color in the pan when applied. It does have some sparkle but this isnít really apparent unless you overapply.

I am really happy with how this looks and have been wearing no other blush color since receiving it. I find it very hard to apply too much of this color, and it lasts all day on me without any touch ups.

I never really considered Mac for blush before but now I am looking into a few more colors. Highly recommended for those with pale skin.

on 1/17/2015 7:39:00 PM

This is my favourite blush colour. It's so pretty and girly and makes my face look really fresh and innocent. I am an NC20 and it shows up as a pretty, pale pink blush on my cheeks, however if your skin is darker I would recommend using this as a highlighter rather than a full on blush as it may show up with more of a milky colour than what one would usually use as a blush. However, on me it shows up beautifully. I would describe this as a cherry blossom pink. It applies very nicely and lights up my face without being too overpowering. It would make any fair girl look classy, fresh-faced and put together. Absolutely love it.

on 11/28/2014 4:25:00 PM

In the pan it is a pretty, pastel, pale, pink (oops a lot of alliteration) with a blue undertone that seems like Saint Germain for your cheeks. I find it quite difficult to get this colour to show up on me, even though I'm very pale. I have to really build this colour to make it noticeable on my cheeks and even then it could be described as subtle at best. I can imagine darker skin tones may have difficulty noticing it.

The texture is soft, finely-milled but slightly powdery. When I try and build it I find it looks powdery to an extent. It fades throughout the day but has lasted between 3-6 hours.

If I lost it I doubt I'd replace it. I don't think I'll buy it again. I was disappointed as I thought it would be beautiful with dark smoky eyes and a natural lip.

on 11/19/2014 1:23:00 PM

Very delicate and I doubt it will be as visible on darker skin tones as it is on fair skin. It does give a subtle flush and looks very natural though. Definietly needs re-applicating throughout the day.

on 11/8/2014 3:57:00 PM

Still not sure...potential to be orangey like everything else. MY HG's are pink cult & full of joy.

on 10/25/2014 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Perhaps this blush would work on fairer skin tones (I am NC35) but it is so sheer that I barely see any product when applying it to my face. It looks like a nice pink leaning towards a cool tone in the pan, but is simply too sheer to do much good. After a lot of layering and fussing, I'd rather just use a different blush! Staying power is minimal and I will not be repurchasing.

on 8/25/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Once again, it is MUA, not Allure or any other magazine's "best of" list that points me to a stellar product I now can't live without. I would never have chosen such a bright, girly pink with shimmer no less without all the great advice contained in these rave reviews. I always go for brown-based pinks/peaches that look muddy in the pan but transform on the face into a blush/bronzer hybrid--they really help with the roundness of my face. But I apply them very sheerly with a duo-fiber brush, and the times I've gone too heavy I've had some unpleasant surprises in mirrors later in the day ("My face has GRAY streaks on it!" Too much MAC Blush All Day + fluorescent light = scary). The sheer application gives me some definition, but there are many days I feel I need an extra boost--days where I look in the mirror and seem to be disappearing in front of my own eyes. The addition of MAC Well-Dressed, applied lightly from the top of the apples to the highlight area of the cheek, really wakes up my face. It adds a "prettiness" factor and the shimmer gives a gentle glow. Even my eyes seem to have a little sparkle. It's feminine, and not at all over the top--in fact, it's hard to overdo. And I can use it with any of my muddy buddies--MAC Cubic, Buff or Tenderling, and of course, my beloved Tarte Exposed. It colors a bit and highlights a bit in one easy step. FANTASTIC! Thanks, everyone.

on 8/20/2014 11:57:00 PM

Iv'e had this a long time and still loving it as much as when it was all shiny and new. This is a perfect light cotton candy pink / dolly pink. The great thing about this blush is that it is so forgiving - you can apply lashings of this with just about any brush you throw at it - a little buff and blend and Miss Well Dressed is so well behaved - looking innocent, subtle, never overdone and ever so slightly glowy. (I'm not sure how this would work for darker skin tones - it would possibly show up chalky)..My skin is pretty pale and pasty especially in winter.

I'm enjoying applying this with a flat top kabuki as I find the dense brushes really help to blend this in so nicely so it just looks like healthy flushed skin. Loving this blush with a brighter eye look and paired with a soft natural / pale lippie like Mac Creme Cup - so pretty.

Even though this blush is a little high-lighting on it's own this looks really pretty paired with Mac Soft and Gentle or with some Meteorites Balls dusted over the top of the cheekbones.

This would certainly have been a repurchase - but I have just made a discovery rifling through my blush hoarde - Well dressed is a perfect exact dupe for Benefit Thrrrob. On my NC15 skin with a definite yellow undertone - these two swatch the same and on my skin look exactly the same - Wish I had worked that one out before buying them both :)

If you have the same skin tone as me this may be something to consider if you already own Thrrrob.

Popular Blush Products