July 31, 2014 | 1024 users online

Conditioner - Davines - Nounou

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by snapeyouinhalf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Nounou sample pack from Birchbox (contains shampoo, conditioner, and Oi Oil). It felt great while I used it, but when my hair dried, it smelled a lot like Lush's The Smell of Weather Turning perfume, which I've tried so hard to love but can't. I'm normally not someone who will let the scent of a product keep me from using it, but I get more shine and better curl using my Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention shampoo, conditioner, and oil. Not to mention, the whole Shea Moisture line costs about as much as one bottle of Davines. I know they're not exactly comparable, but I don't think I'll buy the full sizes of the shampoo or conditioner unless the results change before the sample runs out. I like the end result of what I've been using way more than what I get with Nounou. That said, my hair is incredibly soft. That's just not all I'm looking for.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so weird. It's thick and clumpy, doesn't spread easily so I feel like I have to use way too much of it. It doesn't make my hair soft, but somehow coats it and makes it kind of gross, and limp way too fast. Also, there must be some kind of wax or something in it, because it doesn't rinse cleanly off the tub floor. I get the sustainability packaging thing, but they put the shampoo in squeezy tubes, so why not the conditioner? digging it out of the tub is gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by hapabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just so people know, Davines products usually have a line on the back of their package marking 250 milliliters. There needs to be enough extra space to put the lid on.

The packaging is the way it is because Davines puts a lot of effort in sustainable beauty. That means their products are biodegradable. You can reuse their conditioner tubs as snack containers for lunch.

Please, do some research before bashing something that's different. Renewable resources like these aren't in a high enough demand to be seen everywhere.

Nounou conditioner (and shampoo) is great. I've used it for myself. Does not weigh my hair down and gets the job done. It's a natural product, so you're not going to get that fake, silky feeling you people seem to like.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This product is nothing special. I wasn't very impressed, especially for the price. Parabens, artificial fragrance, non-water soluble silicones in this product, as per usual. NOT worth it.
Plus is has alcohol denat, which is a drying alcohol!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ttt22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible Old Spice smell that I would tolerate if it actually moisturized my hair. I see no difference after using for four months with the Davines Nounou shampoo (also a waste of money).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Jessica0984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is very close to HG status with me. For years I used Aveda's curessence just for it to be discontinued. I have tried a ton of brands salon & drugstore and found that most conditioners weighed my fine hair down and honestly just did not seem to be doing that much for my hair. In July my stylist ended up frying my hair so after I switched salons my new stylist introduced me to this conditioner. My hair felt so much softer after just one use. It is very close to curessence and probably the closest I will find to it. I just hope they don't discontinue this one as well!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by jessicalanelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this at my last salon visit on lieu of my usual conditioner, Davines Melu (which is excellent), because they were out of it. I do not like this at all! Getting past the packaging, which I am ok with, this product does not seem to do anything beneficial for my hair. Also, it smells weird. Like, a mothball or something really old. I don't think it's very moisturizing, either. I would not recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by hpolanek

This review is for the mask. i have tried tons (and I mean tons) of high end masks and wanted to try this one because i dont think it has much protein if not any and there is not a ton of silicones. Also, several people in the reviews have stated that this does not coat the hair but really moisturizes. I hate that fake smooth feeling you get with tons of silicones only to just have your hair feel even drier that before after a few hours. Well this DOES COAT THE HAIR. Take it from me i have tried lots of masks and this one made my hair waxy, coated, and dry as a damn broom. Complete waste of money. Smells funky too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by JessyBill

I love Davines so much I can't live without it! I tried Davines nounou conditioner and shampoo half a year ago and I was hooked. Since that time I have used almost all davines hair products, but this conditioner is my favorite so far. Makes my hair really smooth, and silky, super shiny, and smelling great. It was so hard to find davines where i live, but I purchased it online here http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/davines.html. Was delivered really fast. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this and its amazing.. My hair feels so soft and smooth. Its very thick but Wont weigh hair down, it just moisturises, nourishes and detangles very well.
I definetly will purchase a full size tub.