Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the "lavish layers" set a few months ago, and like this one the best. The mint / rose combination is refreshing without being too strong in either scent or flavor. I keep this one on my nightstand and use it just on my lips.

on 11/10/2014 12:23:00 AM

So lovely! Bought this from Sephora for $6 about 2 years ago and there's still lots of product left! And I use it almost daily. It's amazing and makes my lips feel super moisturized and amazing.

on 9/29/2014 11:15:00 PM

I was a little unsure about buying this product as im not a fan of "pot" type lip balms however, I thought I'd give it a go. The tin packaging is nice and compact.
I was expecting a minty rose scent but far from it, it has a very chemical, almost petrol smell to it, not letting that put me off, I tried it on bare lips, the taste was awful & was immediately & constantly in my mouth.
On a positive, the fresh tingling feeling it gave my lips was nice & it lasted a few hours on my lips before I (hesitantly) had to reapply.
This lip balm didn't seem to offer any moisture & my lips feel dry after it's worn away.
I won't buy this product again & wouldn't recommend it.

on 9/29/2014 10:25:00 AM

I love the texture and how light this product on my lips! The zing effect is really soothing and relaxing feel to it! I highly recommend this if you want a luxe lip balm with a rose scent and minty feel! Love this product to bits!'👍😘❤️

on 8/29/2014 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Out of the Smith's Rosebud Salves this one would be my favorite.
I like the subtle tint it gives my lips and I love to use it over my lipliner. I use lipliner to outline then fill in my lips and apply this over. It looks great and I always get compliments on it.
Even though I do like this I hate the packaging, it ALWAYS gets stuck and times I have had to throw it out, and it really does not do anything more than vaseline for my lips.
I can buy a huge jar of scented vaseline that does a better job than this and for cheaper as well.
I do prefer carmex over this and then vaseline second.
Wish the other brands had a scent similar to this but they do not. Once I am done with this little tin I will not repurchasing again

on 8/17/2014 7:32:00 PM

First of all this smells amazing!!! It may not be very good during the day but at night this is very good. I honestly think this is one of my favorite lipbalms.( beside lush whipstick) this is somewhat like vasoline but you can feel it working other than just sitting on your lips. But I would buy this just for the smell if it wasn't a good one.

on 8/13/2014 2:06:00 PM

I'd love to leave a review of the actual product, but I've been fighting to get the lid off for the last 15 mins and don't think I'll ever get it off. It's on so tight, there is no way my fingers are going to get it off. I've tried prying it off with a butter knife (not too safe) and one side comes up but when I try to get the other side, it goes right back down again. I honestly don't know how anyone has actually opened this product. Maybe I got a bad one. :(

on 6/18/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this balm. It's so light and smooth. It's not greasy or heavy, which is impressive; despite being as hydrating as Vaseline, it's much lighter. It is a bit pricy, but it is easily the best lip balm I've found, and it lasts a very long time. I've seen a lot of complaints about the tin, but I've never had an issue with it.

on 5/27/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am quite fond of this lip balm. The tin is nice, because it's portable and doesn't open in my purse. This lip balm applies smoothly and smells great! The downsides to it are that if you get it in your mouth, it tastes awful, and it isn't the most moisturizing lip balm I've ever used. If you want something that smells nice, and will give your lips a little shine and a rosy tint, this is for you!

on 2/27/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i really like this product, its light to carry and light on the lips, it does not feel chunky or heavy. Plus it's a cute tin. I also like that it doesn't give such a glossy finish. Wouldn't recommend if you like gloss, but definitely leaves lips feeling soft and it smells really great :). i would buy it again. i do not know when because it lasts, which is also a plus.

Popular Lip Treatments